Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

New Carrie blog! (09/26/11)

Yay! We didn't have to wait a whole month this time.

Brief summary:
    -Carrie accidentally locked Ace in the pantry today, and felt so guilty when she found out after Mike found him.
    -Had a busy but great week in LA with all the events (Smokey, Tony, iHeartRadio, writing sessions)
    -Had a meeting about the status of the new album, went well, the album is taking shape. Still going to be writing this month to make sure she has everything she needs.
    -Excited for the new Preds hockey season; plugged Mike's new book.

Concert Stars
    Going to read it!!!

Still not the slightest indication of an actual release date! I hate abstractions! "really taking shape", etc. JUST GIVE ME A DATE, CARRIE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think we will have some music this year, at least a single. She didn't say anything about 2012, only about the next month of writing. At least that is what I'm hoping...perhaps I read too much into it. JMO

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    The summary didn't give me much hope the album will be out very soon but still hanging onto the idea of the first song coming out regardless!! Poor Ace - bet she felt horrible! Happy she wrote!!

I'm quoting just this once sentence ad verbatim for the benefit of the non OFC members here.

"I'll be writing quite a bit, actually, over the next month or so. Got to make sure that I've tapped all that I can in myself before I can feel like I'm ready to release something."

Closely examine the sentence, and she's kinda indicating, that she's gonna cease the considering-new-songs process in a month and a half, following which it'll only be recording and production and stuff. To me, that means we'll get a release date in 40-50 days (around the CMAs). The lead single could come around the same time.

JMO

just another fan

she also said she was watching the cowboys game. LOL didn't mention a certain someone by name

Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    I'm quoting just this once sentence ad verbatim for the benefit of the non OFC members here.

"I'll be writing quite a bit, actually, over the next month or so. Got to make sure that I've tapped all that I can in myself before I can feel like I'm ready to release something."

Closely examine the sentence, and she's kinda indicating, that she's gonna cease the considering-new-songs process in a month and a half, following which it'll only be recording and production and stuff. To me, that means we'll get a release date in 40-50 days (around the CMAs). The lead single could come around the same time.

JMO
    Thanks for that.

Based on that, I'm thinking Carrie already has a lead single in mind, but she just wants to keep writing to make sure that's actually the best choice.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post

JMO
    That was my thought as well. JMO...too:-)

From Carrie's comments, I also thought that she's planning to finish up all the writing within the next month or so, and from then on it'll simply be recording and all the extra stuff like photoshoots, etc.

I'm still feeling a February release date, just in time for Valentine's Day, with a lead single release right around the CMAs.

Concert Stars
    Yeah, I don't see the month or so, meaning a month and a half. Could be two months....or so.....we just don't know!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    she also said she was watching the cowboys game. LOL didn't mention a certain someone by name
    I noticed that too, Jeff. Tony sure played a good game tonight...with all that he had to contend with!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    The summary didn't give me much hope the album will be out very soon but still hanging onto the idea of the first song coming out regardless!! Poor Ace - bet she felt horrible! Happy she wrote!!
    I kind of feel the same way--- that we might get a lead single in 2011, but if she is still writing, the album cannot be near ready yet. Once they are done writing, they have to pick the songs, record them and mix them--- then do an album cover and pick a title-- then do the liner notes, etc.

I feel that if she is still writing for another month, there is no way they can put out an album in 2011. There is so much to do after the writing is over---- ie-- recording, mixing, editing, picking the final songs and the order of the songs....picking an album cover and title, etc.

If she was done writing--- and was just in the studio cutting the album, I would have hope for a late November release. But if she is still writing for another month or so as she said in her blog-- then that puts us to November before she even starts recording the rest of the songs.

So I am definitely giving up hope for a 2011 release. Just hoping for a 2011 lead single at the CMAS.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    From Carrie's comments, I also thought that she's planning to finish up all the writing within the next month or so, and from then on it'll simply be recording and all the extra stuff like photoshoots, etc.

I'm still feeling a February release date, just in time for Valentine's Day, with a lead single release right around the CMAs.
    That is what I think. Valentine's Day is a Tuesday--- which is the day most albums get released. She could get a slight Grammy bump as the Grammys are 2 days before Valentine's day....if she gets to perform or attend.

Concert Stars
    I keep thinking of poor little ace in the pantry.... lol

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    OMG, as sad as the story was, anyone else die laughing at the Ace in the pantry story hahahaha. the poor guy's so little haha... If Ace was the star of an animal movie, you just know he's thinking, "darn, ever since the new girl moved in..." LOL
    becca T

Concert Stars
    Don't you know she felt terrible!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I don't know, I think she would tell us if the album was coming out in 2012 (something like next year - or anytime in 2012 during interviews), she hasn't. She is such a secretive one. While she said she was writing, she could also be recording other songs. During her interview with Brad she said she "knows something" about the album... I think she most likely knows when it's coming out, a possible title and the lead single. JMO My prediction...lead single CMA's, album before Christmas (at least I hope). JMO

Whatever the time, however, I am more than ready for new Carrie Underwood music!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I can totally see the level of secrecy she is surrounding herself with being because she wants to make sure NOTHING leaks. It seems to be, more often than not, we help leak stuff, so if we think there's nothing to leak, we won't go searching LOL
    becca T

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    I can totally see the level of secrecy she is surrounding herself with being because she wants to make sure NOTHING leaks. It seems to be, more often than not, we help leak stuff, so if we think there's nothing to leak, we won't go searching LOL
    becca T
    exactly. she herself has said she realizes how good her fans are at finding out her secrets. so she may not be teasing us anymore!

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast