Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by lab View Post
    FUNDAMENTALLY, Carrie is about building something that is WORTHY OF LASTING - about an artist of SUCH INTRINSIC EXCELLENCE that Country Music Community would lose something important if Carrie ceased to exist. Why on earth would you settle for creating something MEDIOCRE that does little more than make money, WHEN YOU CAN CREATE SOMETHING OUTSTANDING THAT MAKES A LASTING CONTRIBUTION AS WELL. And in the end, those who make a lasting contribution make more money OVER THE LONG RUN, anyway. Carrie pursue a CLUSTER OF OBJECTIVES, of which earning money is only one - and not necessarily the primary one. Yes, Carrie seeks earning money to better her life with Mike and her future children, but, SHE IS EQUALLY GUIDED BY HER CORE IDEOLOGIES - CORE VALUES and SENSE OF PURPOSE beyond just making money. Yet, paradoxically, artist like Carrie will make more money than the more purely money-driven artist, OVER THE LONG RUN. Carrie is a PREMIER ARTIST, WIDELY ADMIRED BY HER "PEERS, AND MANY OF THEM ARE LEGENDS ALREADY AND PREMIER ARTISTS".

Thanks, "Mirasa45A"!!!

From the STANDPOINT OF ADULT CARRIE FANS, what our beloved Carrie is ALL ABOUT is ...... "CARRIE IS BUILT, but, SHE IS SOMETHING 'WORTHY OF LASTING' ...... "Carrie is built of 'SUCH AN INTRINSIC EXCELLENCE' that Country Music would lose something important if "Carrie Underwood" ceased to exist. Watch again the " VIDEO OF VINCE GILL AND CARRIE PERFORMING 'HOW GREAT THOU ART' AT 'GIRLS NIGHT OUT' AWARDS SHOW". THAT, SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    CC and Quitter:

Watch again "Mike Fisher" - "A GREAT CHRISTIAN HUSBAND WHO LOVES CARRIE TO DEATH" SUPPORTING CARRIE AT THE SIDE OF THE STAGE - Those are the scenes that OUR KIDS SHOULD EMULATE!!!

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn7 View Post
    Walk This Way/PC up

Undo It/JTTW/HGTA up

Just simply amazing!!!

Watch again how Carrie performed "JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL" and "HOW GREAT THOU ART". Indeed, I am more convinced than ever, THROUGH OUR BELOVED CARRIE, that building an "ENDURING CAREER OF AN ARTIST" ...... is ALSO a "NOBLE CAUSE"/"NOBLE ACT"!!!!

Concert Stars
    ^ While Taylor has no obligation to teach the kids anything, I have to admit, with someone like her, she has such a great platform and opportunity to influence those kids in a positive way....but all she teaches them is about boys. The mother in that article had a point on some of her rants.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ While Taylor has no obligation to teach the kids anything, I have to admit, with someone like her, she has such a great platform and opportunity to influence those kids in a positive way....but all she teaches them is about boys. The mother in that article had a point on some of her rants.
    Maybe the mother / writer of the article saw this:

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Thanks so much!! I'm sending it to megaupload now and will pm you the link when it's ready.
    done and up!

it's awesome how you got the crowd interaction as well. haha, you can see how into the song they were

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    done and up!

THANK YOU!!!

BTW, I wanted to let everyone know that Carrie's night had the largest attendance of the festival.

The biggest draw was the magic combination Friday night of the polished, hugely popular Underwood and the preceding act Miranda Lambert, a musician admired for her tough-girl attitude as much as for her talent. Over 17,000 people packed the park that night.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    I love the little Jason Aldean move Carrie does at about the 2:58 mark!

Thanks for the vid! Looks like a fun time!

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thanks so much!! I'm sending it to megaupload now and will pm you the link when it's ready.
    Did you get a video of Wasted?! It was one of my fave performances and I can't find a vid of it

Concert Stars
    Wow that is really amazing that Carrie got more people there then Kenny or Rascal Flatts. Wow.

THANK YOU!!!

BTW, I wanted to let everyone know that Carrie's night had the largest attendance of the festival.

Carrie Guru
    The biggest draw was the magic combination Friday night of the polished, hugely popular Underwood and the preceding act Miranda Lambert, a musician admired for her tough-girl attitude as much as for her talent. Over 17,000 people packed the park that night.

Having a Canadian husband has its benefit

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I'm not a TS fan by any means, but that article is way, way off base. It's Taylor's job to entertain her audience- not to preach her values to them.

Sounds like this mother was expecting Taylor to teach her child to love herself, instead of being an actual parent and doing it herself.
    Ridiculous.
    I agree with you...It's just a matter of what you want. I'm pretty sure this woman would have been very offended if she had gone to a Carrie concert too. Yes Carrie sings HGTA, JTTW, TH, SS, etc., but she also sings SWISLY - about how broken a girl is when love ends. And this woman would have probably fainted if Carrie broke into LN!

The thing is, kids aren't as impressionable as parents make them out to be. If listening to TS songs makes young girls feel reliant on boys, then what does DISNEY do? Every Disney movie made has the beautiful princess (never an ugly one - so use that CoverGirl!) being rescued by her prince as she demurely smiles.

I think the author is waaay of her rocker when she got to the bit about Covergirl...Seriously? You're slamming someone for endorsing make-up? If that's giving girls bad messages, you oughta pull down America's Next Top Model, and basically EVERY movie actress - how many are NOT thin and buried in make-up?

It's just about expectation. This author wanted TS t seat down all her young fans and tell them about life, and to be strong and pray hard. Guess what? That's not her job, that's YOURS. She's an entertainer. Her responsibility is to occasionally make empowering statements or write empowering songs (like Carrie does - I dunno if Swift does so too).

I do like that the author picked on some of Swift's most annoying things ("Swift stood on the stage for what felt like a long and awkward few minutes, taking in the screams of her girl fans, eyes wide open with feigned amazement.")

I'm not defending SWSRN here, Lord knows I hate her. Just pointing out that this woman is bonkers :P

Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    I agree with you...It's just a matter of what you want. I'm pretty sure this woman would have been very offended if she had gone to a Carrie concert too. Yes Carrie sings HGTA, JTTW, TH, SS, etc., but she also sings SWISLY - about how broken a girl is when love ends. And this woman would have probably fainted if Carrie broke into LN!

The thing is, kids aren't as impressionable as parents make them out to be. If listening to TS songs makes young girls feel reliant on boys, then what does DISNEY do? Every Disney movie made has the beautiful princess (never an ugly one - so use that CoverGirl!) being rescued by her prince as she demurely smiles.

I think the author is waaay of her rocker when she got to the bit about Covergirl...Seriously? You're slamming someone for endorsing make-up? If that's giving girls bad messages, you oughta pull down America's Next Top Model, and basically EVERY movie actress - how many are NOT thin and buried in make-up?

It's just about expectation. This author wanted TS t seat down all her young fans and tell them about life, and to be strong and pray hard. Guess what? That's not her job, that's YOURS. She's an entertainer. Her responsibility is to occasionally make empowering statements or write empowering songs (like Carrie does - I dunno if Swift does so too).

I do like that the author picked on some of Swift's most annoying things ("Swift stood on the stage for what felt like a long and awkward few minutes, taking in the screams of her girl fans, eyes wide open with feigned amazement.")

I'm not defending SWSRN here, Lord knows I hate her. Just pointing out that this woman is bonkers :P
    TBH, I can see both sides of the argument.

I agree that it's not TS's job to educate people's kids, but being someone that so many millions of tweens look up to, I can understand why a parent would be worried as well. To the writer's credit, perhaps she doesn't approve of America's Next Top Model as well. Who knows? lol.

TS is good in a sense that she doesn't dress/act like thrashy pop stars, but I do think that the level of being deemed a good "role model" has been lowered to the very basic here.

Sure, Carrie sings about keying cars and getting drunk, but for me, the difference is Carrie (and many other artists) don't just concentrate on that aspect of their life. They acknowledge that stupid things like that may happen sometimes (we're all human!), but those don't take up 95% of the songs they ever sing about.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreams1818 View Post
    Did you get a video of Wasted?! It was one of my fave performances and I can't find a vid of it
    No I didn't. Sorry.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by lab View Post
    FUNDAMENTALLY, Carrie is about building something that is WORTHY OF LASTING in this coming FOURTH ALBUM - about an artist of SUCH INTRINSIC EXCELLENCE that Country Music Community would lose something important if Carrie ceased to exist. Why on earth would you settle for creating something MEDIOCRE that "does little more than make money" - * WHEN YOU CAN CREATE SOMETHING OUTSTANDING THAT MAKES A LASTING CONTRIBUTION AS WELL *, "ENDURING and SUBSTANTIAL album". And in the end, those who make a lasting contribution make more money OVER THE LONG RUN, anyway. Carrie pursue a CLUSTER OF OBJECTIVES, of which earning money is only one - and not necessarily the primary one. Yes, Carrie seeks earning money to better her life with Mike and her future children, but, SHE IS EQUALLY GUIDED BY HER CORE IDEOLOGIES - CORE VALUES and SENSE OF PURPOSE beyond just making money. Yet, paradoxically, artist like Carrie will make more money than the more purely money-driven artist, OVER THE LONG RUN. Carrie is a PREMIER ARTIST, WIDELY ADMIRED BY HER "PEERS, AND MANY OF THEM ARE LEGENDS ALREADY AND PREMIER ARTISTS ALIKE". Carrie is a "VERY SPECIAL" and "ELITE" breed of artist.

Like the parable of the tortoise and the hare, Carrie get off to a slow start of the FOURTH ALBUM since January, 2011, but, WIN THE LONG RACE!!!

Carrie is NOW FOCUS in applying - "PRESERVE HER CORE IDEOLOGIES and STIMULATE PROGRESS" to her fundamental human issues of "SELF-IDENTITY and SELF-RENEWAL", as per her post in the RYAN'S THREAD at our Official Fan Club. "Who am I as an artist? What do I stand for as an artist? What is my purpose as an artist? How do I maintain my SENSE of SELF in this UNPREDICTABLE "COUNTRY MUSIC MARKET"? How do I infuse meaning into my career as an artist and "FINISHED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES"? How do I remain RENEWED, ENGAGED, and STIMULATED? ...... THESE QUESTIONS, CHALLENGE HER, *"NOW"*, at least as much, or perhaps MORE SO, TODAY AS EVER BEFORE - in her last three albums. With the demise of the myth of "ARTISTS' JOB SECURITY", the accelerating pace of change in the COUNTRY MUSIC MARKET and the INCREASING AMBIGUITY AND COMPLEXITY OF "ALBUM MARKET", artists who depend on EXTERNAL STRUCTURES to provide CONTINUITY and STABILITY, "RUN" the VERY REAL RISK of having their FUNDAMENTAL FRAMEWORK or BASIC ELEMENTS ripped away. The only truly reliable source of stability is a strong INNER CORE IDEOLOGY and the WILLINGNESS to CHANGE and ADAPT EVERYTHING, except, her CORE IDEOLOGY.

Carrie DO NOT oppress herself with what I call the "*TYRANNY of the 'OR'*" - the rational view that cannot easily accept paradox, that can not live with two SEEMINGLY CONTRADICTORY FORCES or IDEAS "AT THE SAME TIME". The "*TYRANNY of the OR*" PUSHES people to believe that things must be either A or B, but not both. It makes such proclamations as:

You can be CONSERVATIVE OR BOLD.
    You can invest for the future career OR do well in the short-term.
    You can make progress by methodical planning OR by opportunistic groping.
    etc.

Carrie always liberate herself with the "*GENIUS of the 'AND'*" - the ability to embrace both extremes of a number of dimensions AT THE SAME TIME. Instead of choosing between A or B, SHE FIGURES OUT A WAY TO HAVE *BOTH "A" AND "B"*. That is what GREAT ARTIST is all about, e.g., "Jesus Take The Wheel", "Wasted" AND "Before He Cheats"; "So Small", "Just A Dream", "All American Girl" AND "Last Name"; "Temporary Home", "Change" AND "Cowboy Casanova"; etc.
    Last edited by lab; 09-16-2011 at 04:45 PM.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^^^

I am NOT TALKING about mere balance here. "Balance" implies going to the midpoint, fifty-fifty, half and half. Carrie does not seek balance between short-term and long term. Carrie seeks to do very well BOTH in the SHORT-TERM "AND" LONG TERM. Carrie does not seek balance between IDEALISM and PROFITABILITY ...... She seeks to be HIGHLY IDEALISTIC "AND" HIGHLY PROFITABLE!!! Carrie does not simply balance between PRESERVING HER TIGHTLY HELD CORE IDEOLOGIES "AND" STIMULATING VIGOROUS CHANGE AND MOVEMENT - she does BOTH to an EXTREME. Carrie aims to have her IDEALISTIC CORE IDEOLOGIES to be DISTINCTLY "CORE" and STIMULATE CHANGE AND PROGRESS to be distinctly ENVISIONED FUTURE - both at the same time, all the time.

Irrational? Perhaps. RARE? YES!!!!!!!! Difficult? Absolutely. ....... The rest of the FIRST RATE INTELLIGENCE (SUMMA CUM LAUDE) is the ability to hold TWO OPPOSED IDEAS in the mind at the same time, and STILL RETAIN THE ABILITY TO FUNCTION - This is exactly what "Carrie Underwood" is all about. Carrie performed with premier artist Rascal Flatts to give tribute to legendary ROCK ARTIST, Don Henley, at the Grammy Awards and she also performed "San Antonio Rose" to give tribute to LEGENDARY COUNTRY ARTIST "Bob Wills". Carrie performed with premier artist Rascal Flatts during CHRISTMAS AT WASHINGTON FOR PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH and Carrie performed with "Kenny Rogers", tribute to "Dolly Parton' at Kennedy Center. Carrie performed with LEGENDARY Tony Bennett and premier artists Michael Buble and Josh Groban at OPRAH and Carrie performed along with premier artist Kenny Chesney at OPRAH. Carrie performed with LEGENDARY Rock Artist "Lindsey Buckingham" at Fashion Rock, LEGENDARY ROCK ARTIST "Steven Tyler" at ACM Awards, performed THE SOUND OF MUSIC at Movies Rock, performed "Ever Ever After" song at Disney Movie, performed with LEGENDARY Smokey Robinson, and premier artist Celine Dion and Usher at MICHAEL JACKSON'S TRIBUTE AT GRAMMY AWARDS "AND" performed with LEGENDARY Randy Travis, LEGENDARY Dolly Parton and she is a member and performed at Grand Ole Opry and contributed to Loretta Lyn's tribute album and gave tribute to BROOKS & DUNN ........ And the list will go on and on and on ........ That is JUST "ONE EXAMPLE" of Carrie's "fundamental human issues of "SELF-IDENTITY" and "SELF-RENEWAL" - You can not change it because IT IS "HER" ...... "HER SELF-IDENTITY"!!! Artist can not reliably predict where they are going and how their career will unfold ESPECIALLY IN TODAY'S UNPREDICTABLE AND ACCELERATING CHANGE IN COUNTRY MUSIC MARKET. Carrie wisely understand that it is BETTER TO UNDERSTAND - "WHO YOU ARE" (self identity) - than where you are going (self-renewal) ....... For where she is going will almost certainly change. **It is a lesson that CARRIE FEEL as relevant to Carrie's career as "AN ARTIST/A PERFORMER" and TO CARRIE'S LIFE AS WELL** - an artist/a performer who is "*ENDURING*" and "*SUBSTANTIAL*".
    Last edited by lab; 09-17-2011 at 02:52 PM.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post

It's just about expectation. This author wanted TS t seat down all her young fans and tell them about life, and to be strong and pray hard. Guess what? That's not her job, that's YOURS. She's an entertainer. Her responsibility is to occasionally make empowering statements or write empowering songs

*** (like Carrie does - I dunno if Swift does so too).***

:P

"Carrie Underwood" is an ongoing artist - "ROOTED IN A SET OF TIMELESS CORE VALUES". Carrie exists as an artist for "PURPOSE BEYOND JUST MAKING MONEY", and that she stands the test of time by virtue of the ability to continually renew herself. Carrie set a HIGH STANDARD OF VALUES, as well as PROFITABILITY - AS A PERFORMER/ARTIST. "What do Carrie stand for and why does she exist as AN ARTIST?" This should never change. And then feel free to change everything else. Put another way, Carrie distinguish her "TIMELESS CORE VALUES" and "ENDURING CORE PURPOSE" (which should never change) from her career operating practices and career strategies (which should be changing constantly in response to a changing country music market). This distinction has proven to be profoundly useful TO CARRIE'S CAREER - AMID HER DRAMATIC TRANSFORMATION. This is all about Carrie's *CRUCIAL DISTINCTION* between "CORE" and "NONCORE" in her career ....... Between what should never change and what should be open for change, between what is TRULY SACRED and WHAT IS NOT. Carrie's "ENDURING CHARACTER" guides Carrie's career as she lead and adapt to HER EVOLUTION AS AN ARTIST. Carrie preserve her CORE IDEALS embodied in her *CREDO*. Carrie's CORE PURPOSE gets the deeper reasons for her existence BEYOND JUST MAKING MONEY.

If you believe that ...... (like Carrie does - I dunno if Swift does so too). ....... THEN, I RESPECT THAT.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Core ideology of "Carrie Underwood" as an ARTIST, defines the enduring character of "Carrie Underwood" - her "self-identity" that remains consistent through time and transcends HER MUSIC. As far as Carrie is concerned, the greatest thing SHE WILL LEFT BEHIND in the country music community was "A CODE OF ETHICS known as the CARRIE UNDERWOOD WAY". Carrie's core ideology, which has guided Carrie is her "LOVE and FAITH in Jesus Christ, Our Savior", "A deep respect for the individual as a MORAL TENET" (I saw that from the review of the meet and greet of fans, and through her peers, and through her songwriters and musicians and others who worked with her, etc.), "A dedication to the QUALITY and RELIABILITY of her MUSIC and LIVE CONCERTS" and "A commitment to community responsibility including country music community" (Carrie is involved in charitable foundations including animal foundations.) Artists WILL FADE, no matter how charismatic they are; their products and services WILL FADE, no matter how charismatic they are; country music market WILL CHANGE - new country blend emerge, music fads COME AND GO ...... But, Carrie's CORE IDEOLOGY endures as a source of guidance and inspiration. Her core ideology provides the bonding glue that holds her and her career together as Carrie GROWS AND EVOLVE , CHANGE, PROGRESS, AND EXPAND. Or I think of it as like the truths held to be "self-evident" in the "United States Declaration of Independence", or the enduring ideals and principles of the SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY that bond scientists from every nationality together with the common purpose of ADVANCING HUMAN KNOWLEDGE. Core ideology has to be authentic. You can not fake it. Nor can you just "intellectualize" it. It is passionately-held on Carrie's GUT LEVEL. It guide and inspire Carrie!!!! It is the authenticity, her discipline, and consistency WITH WHICH THE "CORE IDEOLOGY" IS LIVED - the degree of "ALIGNMENT" with her "TEAM CARRIE". It is not what you believe **that sets you apart FROM OTHER ARTISTS**, as that you believe in something - but IT IS, that she believes in it DEEPLY, that she preserves it OVER TIME, AND THAT SHE "BRINGS IT TO LIFE" with consistent ALIGNMENT with her "MUSIC", "LIVE CONCERTS" and "TEAM CARRIE", but, do not oppress herself with the "TYRANNY of the *'OR'*" and liberates herself with the "GENIUS of the *'AND'*". Carrie is a "CLOCK BUILDER - AN ARCHITECT" - not a time teller. Carrie embrace the "GENIUS of the *'AND'*". Carrie preserve her core ideology and stimulate change and progress. Carrie seek consistent ALIGNMENT with her "MUSIC", "LIVE CONCERTS" and "TEAM CARRIE". Finally, and perhaps most important of all, she is working with a deep and abiding respect for her institution, "TEAM CARRIE", as an important institution in it's own right - an institution that requires care and attention she gives to "Jesus Christ, Our Savior" and members of her family. For it is the power of human organization - of individuals working together in common cause - that the bulk of the world's best work gets done. "Carrie Underwood" is "Carrie Underwood' - she has HER OWN "SELF-IDENTITY". I do not think she cares about OTHER ARTISTS and FOCUS TO HERSELF ONLY. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OTHER ARTISTS, TOO!!!!!
    Last edited by lab; 09-18-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

I agree that the mother does make a few valid points in her review.

Taylor makes it seem so important that she's seen as a good role model who never gets caught doing anything wrong, I can see why she'd be held to a higher standard.
    If Taylor wants to preach about how being a role model is the most important thing, it's to be expected some would take it more seriously than others.

But I also believe there's a fine line between knowing (and saying) that being a role model isn't everything & that it's not an entertainer's job to teach your children values.
    As Carrie says, it's great if kids look up to her as a role model, but she also acknowledges they should be looking to their parents for that guidance, and hopefully they have someone that can instil that in them.
    Whereas TS has said being a great role model is everything to her, and that she thinks about the kids she influences before she does something.
    Maybe she should've thought about how all her boy-bashing songs influence her fans views of men?
    Better yet, maybe she should try being herself instead of trying to be the perfect influence over kids she (really) has no influence over at the end of the day.

Taylor tries way too hard to come off as a great role model; it's almost as if she doesn't have a firm enough grip on reality to realize her career and fans aren't everything. It's sad that she's not confident enough to live her own life without calculating every little move.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I agree that the mother does make a few valid points in her review.

Taylor makes it seem so important that she's seen as a good role model who never gets caught doing anything wrong, I can see why she'd be held to a higher standard.
    If Taylor wants to preach about how being a role model is the most important thing, it's to be expected some would take it more seriously than others.

But I also believe there's a fine line between knowing (and saying) that being a role model isn't everything & that it's not an entertainer's job to teach your children values.
    As Carrie says, it's great if kids look up to her as a role model, but she also acknowledges they should be looking to their parents for that guidance, and hopefully they have someone that can instil that in them.
    Whereas TS has said being a great role model is everything to her, and that she thinks about the kids she influences before she does something.
    Maybe she should've thought about how all her boy-bashing songs influence her fans views of men?
    Better yet, maybe she should try being herself instead of trying to be the perfect influence over kids she (really) has no influence over at the end of the day.

Taylor tries way too hard to come off as a great role model; it's almost as if she doesn't have a firm enough grip on reality to realize her career and fans aren't everything. It's sad that she's not confident enough to live her own life without calculating every little move.

At this time, I do not know how MY FINDINGS of the CONCEPTS used by "CARRIE" would appeal to people outside CARRIE FANS and other CARRIE FANS WITH "DUAL IDOL" (or MULTIPLE IDOL). My point here is - building an "ENDURING" and "SUBSTANTIAL" career like "CARRIE UNDERWOOD". Whether other artists are "SUPERFICIALLY ATTRACTIVE ONLY and LACKS SUBSTANCE" is up to the eyes of the beholder to decide. What I am trying to point out here is that "Carrie Underwood" is an "ARTIST WITH SUBSTANCE" - "A QUALITY WOMAN" - "A QUALITY ARTIST" ...... A "VERY SPECIAL" and an "ELITE" breed of artist. That Carrie's CONCEPTS of distinguishing Carrie's CORE IDEOLOGY - CORE VALUES and CORE PURPOSE - from her practices and strategies to her career is CRITICAL to maintaining her SENSE OF SOCIAL MISSION while adapting to the dramatic changes and increasing competitiveness of the country music market. Carrie has her OWN SELF-IDENTITY. This distinction proved invaluable in helping Carrie to facilitate needed changes in the "MUSIC BATTLEFIELDS", while NOT LOSING SIGHT OF HER WELL CHERISHED "CORE IDEALS". All artists are also human being like us and should live our lives WITH SUBSTANCE. OTHER ARTISTS often begin in response to a specific GREAT IDEA OF MARKETING HERSELF or TIMELY MARKET OPPORTUNITY. But, just any great idea or market opportunity EVENTUALLY BECOMES OBSOLETE, the founding goal of AN ARTIST "CAN BE MET or BECOME IRRELEVANT". Looking for A DEEPER, MORE ENDURING CORE IDEOLOGY that goes "BEYOND JUST MAKING MONEY LIKE CARRIE IS DOING" ........ Becomes vitally important to BUILDING A "LASTING CAREER" - "ENDURING" and "SUBSTANTIAL" CAREER!!!!!

•  
    Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast