Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

People's Country's Biggest Stars!!

Carrie is on the cover!! She also has a few pages in the actual magazine. I was only able to take a picture on the cover since I was in a hurry. Hopefully someone else can scan the pages.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Concert Stars
    ahh gorgeous cover!!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by reneeb View Post
    Carrie is on the cover!! She also has a few pages in the actual magazine. I was only able to take a picture on the cover since I was in a hurry. Hopefully someone else can scan the pages.
    Thank you. I agree with all the faces on the cover, except Jason Aldean.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Love the photo! Thanks for letting us know, I'll have to pick up a copy. When is it on news stands?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    Do you mean that you dont think he's one of the biggest stars? Because he's doing very, very good right now. I assume this edition is based on recent stuff.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Jason is selling out 20,000 stadium shows and commercially is doing the best in country for his album sales. I think he has good longevity as well. He gradually build up his fan base by touring w/ all the big acts. His fan base lean toward the younger crowd as well. I think he is the main one to challenge TS and Kenny Chesney for EOTY. TS and Kenny has the most ticket sales but if they want something new and fresh that would be Jason. It will be a major feat for him to win it tho since he is on a small label.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    Do you mean that you dont think he's one of the biggest stars? Because he's doing very, very good right now. I assume this edition is based on recent stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    Jason is selling out 20,000 stadium shows and commercially is doing the best in country for his album sales. I think he has good longevity as well. He gradually build up his fan base by touring w/ all the big acts. His fan base lean toward the younger crowd as well. I think he is the main one to challenge TS and Kenny Chesney for EOTY. TS and Kenny has the most ticket sales but if they want something new and fresh that would be Jason. It will be a major feat for him to win it tho since he is on a small label.
    Ooh, OK --thank you for the info.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    I agree with you. Jason is doing well, but I think it's a little too soon to call him a superstar. Maybe in another 5-10 years if he's mentioned with Carrie, Kenny, Keith, Flatts, etc and is able to hold his own among them, but not right now.

He hasn't had an accomplishment that makes him stand out just yet- if he becomes a consistent performer with sell-out stadiums, awards & many number one singles and multi-platinum albums I'll agree.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Proud of our girl and happy they recognize her right up front with the other greats!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I agree with you. Jason is doing well, but I think it's a little too soon to call him a superstar. Maybe in another 5-10 years if he's mentioned with Carrie, Kenny, Keith, Flatts, etc and is able to hold his own among them, but not right now.

He hasn't had an accomplishment that makes him stand out just yet- if he becomes a consistent performer with sell-out stadiums, awards & many number one singles and multi-platinum albums I'll agree.
    he's had quite a few numbers ones and plays BIG arenas. haha
    becca T

I took a look at it yesterday, and I do want to get it...hopefully soon. I really love how People Magazine covers country music...I think that they do a great job!!

Huge Carrie Follower carrieforV's Avatar
    when does this come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Love the photo! Thanks for letting us know, I'll have to pick up a copy. When is it on news stands?

It's already out! It was on stands today, but I didn't have enough money to buy it.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's great, she look so pretty!

Junior Carrie Follower Butterfly13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's great! Thanks for posting, I'll have to get it soon

To be honest, I was kind of surprised to see Tim on the cover. I know he's HUGE with all his record sales and such, but I don't really consider him as much of a force in country music right now compared to others on the cover.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool that Carrie's in it she is one of the biggest country stars

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Who else is on the cover?

umm from who I remember it was SWSRN, maybe faith?, for sure Brad and a 2 other people

Concert Stars
    I just picked this up at B&N today. I was browsing the magazine section and they were displayed in an overlapping format and I saw Carrie at the top left corner of the magazine and just assumed it was another People Country Magazine, but luckily I picked it up and it turned out to be a special edition of "Country's Biggest Stars." It is actually very beautiful and well made, and it better be for $11.99 (I have a B&N card so that helped a bit), and I recommend you all pick it up if you can if you are a fan of country music, not just Carrie. Carrie is in the top left cover of the cover, then Kenny, Reba, Brad, Tim, Keith, Jason, Taylor, Sugarland, Shania, George, and Lady A. the back is formatted similarly with Faith, Dierks, Kelly, Trace, Joe N, Blake, Miranda, Darius, Toby, Rascal Flatts, Martina, Garth, Sara, Vince, and Alan. It groups major artists in categories like "The King of the Road," "The Big Voices (Carrie)," "Their Life Is Like A Country Song," "The New Generation," etc. then gives most major artists up to 4 pages (Carrie has 4 pages) of coverage with very nice full page pictures and write ups of their career/why they are in their respective categories. Most smaller, less relevant artists have 1-2 pages of pics/writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    I just picked this up at B&N today. I was browsing the magazine section and they were displayed in an overlapping format and I saw Carrie at the top left corner of the magazine and just assumed it was another People Country Magazine, but luckily I picked it up and it turned out to be a special edition of "Country's Biggest Stars." It is actually very beautiful and well made, and it better be for $11.99 (I have a B&N card so that helped a bit), and I recommend you all pick it up if you can if you are a fan of country music, not just Carrie. Carrie is in the top left cover of the cover, then Kenny, Reba, Brad, Tim, Keith, Jason, Taylor, Sugarland, Shania, George, and Lady A. the back is formatted similarly with Faith, Dierks, Kelly, Trace, Joe N, Blake, Miranda, Darius, Toby, Rascal Flatts, Martina, Garth, Sara, Vince, and Alan. It groups major artists in categories like "The King of the Road," "The Big Voices (Carrie)," "Their Life Is Like A Country Song," "The New Generation," etc. then gives most major artists up to 4 pages (Carrie has 4 pages) of coverage with very nice full page pictures and write ups of their career/why they are in their respective categories. Most smaller, less relevant artists have 1-2 pages of pics/writing.
    Thanks for describing it! When I saw it the other day, I didn't get a chance to really flip through it...I hope I can get myself a copy soon.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast