Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood, Tony Bennett, to Appear On CBS Premiere of Blue Bloods 9/23!

TonyThomas
    Carrie Underwood to appear as herself on season premiere CBS's "Blue Bloods" 9/23 w/ Tony Bennett: http://bit.ly/qxVNgM

OMG this is amazing ! They must be performing the duet on the show! Woohoo! This could mean Tony chose the song with Carrie as his lead single from the Duets album! I know nothing about Blue Bloods but I will have to check it out.

yay! It must be pre-taped since we know Carrie will be in Vegas that night for the I Heart Radio show.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for the heads-up, Tee!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    TonyThomas
    Carrie Underwood to appear as herself on season premiere CBS's "Blue Bloods" 9/23 w/ Tony Bennett: http://bit.ly/qxVNgM

OMG this is amazing ! They must be performing the duet on the show! Woohoo! This could mean Tony chose the song with Carrie as his lead single from the Duets album! I know nothing about Blue Bloods but I will have to check it out.

yay! It must be pre-taped since we know Carrie will be in Vegas that night for the I Heart Radio show.

This means that Tony Bennett truly admires Carrie as a singer and performer. Go Carrie !

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I of course like this part:

Carrie Underwood, one of music's most powerful vocalists, is a five-time Grammy Award winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time CMA and ACM Female Vocalist winner and a member of the Grand Ole Opry.

Here's more about Blue Bloods: About Blue Bloods - CBS.com. I have seen Blue Bloods a couple of times, and I liked it. Very cool that Carrie and Tony will be on it...

Concert Stars
    Awesome I love Tom Selleck and Bridgette Moynihan so I plan to check out the series for sure.

I bet they are pre-taping it soon, or maybe they already did, since 9-23 is Carrie's Vegas gig for I heart radio.

cannot wait!

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I LOVE Blue Bloods. Who doesn't love Tom Selleck? This is going to be awesome!

Carrie Guru
    Carrie Underwood, one of music's most powerful vocalists, is a five-time Grammy Award winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time CMA and ACM Female Vocalist winner and a member of the Grand Ole Opry. Since her debut CD in 2005, Underwood has amassed more than 13 million in album sales and has placed 13 #1 singles on the charts. With millions of fans worldwide, Underwood has achieved remarkable success since winning the fourth season of "American Idol" and releasing three critically acclaimed albums. Her latest, Play On, debuted at #1 and has sold more than 2 million copies. She wrapped her year-long "Play On Tour" last December after performing 108 shows across the U.S. and Canada with one million fans attending, and was the top-ranked female country touring artist of 2010.
    Very good resume, Carrie

Concert Stars
    Here's another announcement:

...from CBS ENTERTAINMENT
    MULTIPLE GRAMMY AWARD WINNERS TONY BENNETT AND CARRIE UNDERWOOD TO PERFORM ON THE SECOND SEASON PREMIERE OF "BLUE BLOODS," FRIDAY, SEPT. 23
    Multiple Grammy Award-winning musical sensations Tony Bennett and Carrie Underwood will perform on the second season premiere of BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Sept. 23 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
    Bennett and Underwood will play themselves when they perform at a fundraiser that Frank Reagan (Tom Selleck) and Erin Reagan-Boyle (Bridget Moynahan) are attending for the newly appointed mayor. Bennett and Underwood greet the Reagans before performing a duet of "It Had To Be You" for the crowd. Originally, Bennett and Underwood collaborated on this duet of the classic pop standard for Bennett's new album, Duets II, due out on Sept. 20 (Click here to view a clip of the album video).
    "Having musical legend Tony Bennett and the hugely talented country music star Carrie Underwood perform on our show is a true gift. The talent that they bring together is amazing," said Executive Producer Leonard Goldberg. "We're looking forward to an exciting second season premiere with a story that is certain to provoke debate, and are thrilled that Tony and Carrie can be a part of it."
    Bennett is part of a rare echelon of artists who have charted in every decade since the 1950's. With a career that spans more than 60 years, he has 15 Grammys and multiple Emmy awards to his credit. This year, Bennett celebrates his 85th birthday, which will be marked by the release of Duets II. A celebrated roster of artists join Bennett on this project, including Michael Buble, Aretha Franklin, John Mayer, Queen Latifah and Amy Winehouse, among others. Duets II follows the release of Bennett's multi-platinum Duets CD, which was released in 2006 on the occasion of his 80th birthday and became the singer's best-selling recording to date. Named by the UN as a "Citizen of the World," Bennett is a Kennedy Center Honoree, NEA Jazz Master and humanitarian who has raised millions of dollars for a variety of causes, including cancer and diabetes research. He established the non-profit, "Exploring the Arts," to support and fund arts education in public schools in New York City. More information can be found at Tony Bennett: The Official Site, Tony Bennett Art | The Official Website and www.exploringthearts.org.
    Carrie Underwood, one of music's most powerful vocalists, is a five-time Grammy Award winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time CMA and ACM Female Vocalist winner and a member of the Grand Ole Opry. Since her debut CD in 2005, Underwood has amassed more than 13 million in album sales and has placed 13 #1 singles on the charts. With millions of fans worldwide, Underwood has achieved remarkable success since winning the fourth season of "American Idol" and releasing three critically acclaimed albums. Her latest, Play On, debuted at #1 and has sold more than 2 million copies. She wrapped her year-long "Play On Tour" last December after performing 108 shows across the U.S. and Canada with one million fans attending, and was the top-ranked female country touring artist of 2010.
    Tom Selleck, Donnie Wahlberg, Bridget Moynahan, Will Estes, Len Cariou, Jennifer Esposito, Amy Carlson and Sami Gayle star in BLUE BLOODS. Leonard Goldberg and Ed Zuckerman are the executive producers.
    Share |

Source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20110721cbs01/

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yay! I will have to watch this episode and yes who doesn't like Tom Selleck!

Concert Stars
    They sound amazing!!! I love the thumbs up by Tony and Carrie's little clap!!

main

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie2 View Post

main
    JTTW! How versatile is Carrie Underwood T___T?

Concert Stars
    WOW...what a honor!

I don't want to get ahead of myself but they might win a Grammy...yay, it's Tony Bennett!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

Tony Bennett and Carrie Underwood to Perform on Season Premiere of CBS's "Blue Bloods

CARRIE UNDERWOOD TO PERFORM ON THE SECOND SEASON PREMIERE OF “Blue Bloods,” FRIDAY, SEPT. 23

Multiple Grammy Award-winning musical sensations Tony Bennett and Carrie Underwood will perform on the second season premiere of Blue Bloods, Friday, Sept. 23 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Bennett and Underwood will play themselves when they perform at a fundraiser that Frank Reagan (Tom Selleck) and Erin Reagan-Boyle (Bridget Moynahan) are attending for the newly appointed mayor. Bennett and Underwood greet the Reagans before performing a duet of “It Had To Be You” for the crowd. Originally, Bennett and Underwood collaborated on this duet of the classic pop standard for Bennett’s new album, Duets II, due out on Sept. 20 (Click here to view a clip of the album video).
    Full Articel: Tony Bennett and Carrie Underwood to Perform on Season Premiere of CBS’s “Blue Bloods” - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

OMG!! how cool is that! thank you for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by cassie2 View Post

main
    Country, rock, jazz, soul, pop, r&b.... is there any genre Carrie can't sing magnificently?

Concert Stars
    Wow!!!! Fantastic news!!!!

My favorite show and my favorite singer and one of my favorite singers! Life is good!

Concert Stars
    Thanks for sharing -- cannot wait to see it.

Concert Stars
    She can sing them all!!! So proud of her!!

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast