Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380

    Do It For Daron - Mike & Carrie PSA


  • #2
    Ultimate Carrie Fan nannygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Taylor Swift's Tour Bus
    Posts
    7,262
    Concert Stars
    It's great Carrie and Mike did this. Such a sad story.

    On a side-note that isn't compassionate to the cause at all: Yay, Carrie! OMG, Mike talked! Like...more than 2 words! :-o

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Zman312's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,072
    Concert Stars
    Carrie is so good, she is so believable...

    Can someone PLEASE tell me who this girl is and why she committed suicide?

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan Suellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,788
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    Carrie is so good, she is so believable...

    Can someone PLEASE tell me who this girl is and why she committed suicide?
    Found the following on the website.

    On November 12th, 2010, Daron Richardson took her own life. She was just 14 years old. The community reached out compassionately and Joined us in inspiring conversations and showing support not only for Daron Richardson’s family, but for all our young people who suffer in silence from the pain and stigma of mental Illness. On February 8th, hundreds of schools and organizations registered to wear Purple (Daron’s favourite colour).

  • #5
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,380
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post
    It's great Carrie and Mike did this. Such a sad story.

    On a side-note that isn't compassionate to the cause at all: Yay, Carrie! OMG, Mike talked! Like...more than 2 words! :-o
    If you want to hear him talk more, I just put an interview in the Mike Fisher thread.

  • #6
    Ultimate Carrie Fan nannygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Taylor Swift's Tour Bus
    Posts
    7,262
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    If you want to hear him talk more, I just put an interview in the Mike Fisher thread.
    Thanks! Haha, not sure I can listen if Carrie isn't next to him though.

  • #7
    Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chino, CA
    Posts
    13,711
    Concert Stars
    Very cool PSA I would prefer Carrie just be in it though because she is so so caring

  • #8
    Carrie Follower cgordi12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    95

    Carrie and Mike in Do It For Daron Video.

    Carrie and Mike did a PSA for DIFD. They're so cute and so sweet!

    D.I.F.D. – Mike Fisher & Carrie Underwood PSA « D.I.F.D.

  • #9
    Carrie Guru Jade_kt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    21,349
    Concert Stars
    Nice that they did a PSA video for the Do it for Daron campaign. Here is the video of Daron's family's story/video.

    Our Story « D.I.F.D.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 07-15-2011 at 09:06 PM.

  • #10
    Carrie Guru Jade_kt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    21,349
    Concert Stars
    They also have Nick Foligo and Doug Weight's PSA up too:

    Videos « D.I.F.D.

  • #11
    Insane Carrie Fan judes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,545
    Concert Stars
    Nice video - Carrie and Mike are special people with big hearts , hope the PSA makes a difference

  • #12
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Liatush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Jerusalem-Israel
    Posts
    7,454
    That's nice,thanks =]

  • #13
    just another fan

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    19,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    Found the following on the website.

    On November 12th, 2010, Daron Richardson took her own life. She was just 14 years old. The community reached out compassionately and Joined us in inspiring conversations and showing support not only for Daron Richardson’s family, but for all our young people who suffer in silence from the pain and stigma of mental Illness. On February 8th, hundreds of schools and organizations registered to wear Purple (Daron’s favourite colour).
    what isn't mentioned, is that she is the daughter of Luke Richardson, who at the time was (and still is) one of the coaches of the ottawa senators. he also was a former player for the sens, so a former teammate of mike and many of the players who had played with the team for some time. so it hit very close to the team.

  • #14
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    so glad she and Mike did that...so so sad!

  • #15
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    3,491
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie_Rocks_The_House View Post
    Very cool PSA I would prefer Carrie just be in it though because she is so so caring
    Yes, we cannot get enough of Carrie and she is so good at this but Mike's heart is just as big. He has reached out to help kids most of his career and just needs a little more practice at showing the true Mike!! His heart is in the right place and love him for it!! Love seeing them working together to help others!! Great couple!

  • #16
    Huge Carrie Follower rosie08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WILMINGTON,NC
    Posts
    665
    I hear ya.. had to laugh when you said this!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post
    It's great Carrie and Mike did this. Such a sad story.

    On a side-note that isn't compassionate to the cause at all: Yay, Carrie! OMG, Mike talked! Like...more than 2 words! :-o

  • #17
    Huge Carrie Follower rosie08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WILMINGTON,NC
    Posts
    665
    such a sad story! all these kids who are so mixed up and thinking that taking your own life is the answer..Prayer are with all the sad children.

  • #18
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Cps235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,678
    Concert Stars
    Sad story about Daron. I am in awe of Carrie & Mike for participating in this PSA. Carrie's amazing! Thanks for the link

  • #19
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,466
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    what isn't mentioned, is that she is the daughter of Luke Richardson, who at the time was (and still is) one of the coaches of the ottawa senators. he also was a former player for the sens, so a former teammate of mike and many of the players who had played with the team for some time. so it hit very close to the team.
    Thanks for that info Jeff. I would never have known that. It completely makes sense why Carrie & Mike did the PSA. This isn't just some random PSA for them.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

  • #20
    Carrie Guru Jade_kt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    21,349
    Concert Stars


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •