Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

JTTW On The Voice

One of the contestants on The Voice, Jeff Jenkins, just performed JTTW. He did a good job. So maybe there will be a spike in sales on iTunes.

Concert Stars
    I saw that too

Insane Carrie Fan
    what did the coaches say about the performance? curious to know what Blake said.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    what did the coaches say about the performance? curious to know what Blake said.
    Personally I think that they way overpimped it.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Blake was not asked for his comments on that performance.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Lots of tweets saying "a guy can not cover a Carrie Underwood song". Some say no one can.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieFan_01's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Christina and Adam both liked it. Adam gave Jeff a standing ovation.

Concert Stars
    Yea I saw Cee Lo stand too after the performance. I think it was very good and heart felt. I definitely think he will be moving on to the semifinals. Hope we see a spike in sales for JTTW.

Concert Stars
    I saw it too. The young man has a sad story and did well, I thought.

Huge Carrie Follower quincyeyes's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I saw this performance. I feel tremendously for this young man losing his mother and I certainly think he has amazing taste in music. The coaches were all very impressed with him when he first performed. I wish this young man the best of luck. With that said, in my opinion, he did not shine on JTTW and he did not have vocally what Carrie has to make the song soar. I think they were running short on time by the time he performed and so only Christina and Adam got to speak. Christina asked him about the meaning of the song to him. It almost sounded like she was unfamiliar with the song but I can't imagine that. It would be nice if his performance sparked sales for Carrie of JTTW b/c it is not that far from possible double platinum certification I think.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Tonight was the first time I watched "the voice", and some of the performers are incredible. When Jeff sang JTTW, all I could think about was Carrie's rendition of the song, the power in her voice, her emotional depth and to think Carrie had just begun. One of the judges talked about the difficulty of singing JTTW, but none of them mentioned Carrie. I don't know what the policy is on the voice because I had never watched the show until tonight. Jeff was OK, but IMO he didn't come close to Carrie's version. He sure did make me want to hear Carrie sing JTTW again. Carrie, as we all know, is a powerhouse.

Concert Stars

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cpeTN89 View Post
    Yea I saw Cee Lo stand too after the performance. I think it was very good and heart felt. I definitely think he will be moving on to the semifinals. Hope we see a spike in sales for JTTW.
    JTTW went from ~#950 to #376 on iTunes!

Concert Stars
    I am very happy that Adam Levine of Maroon 5 handpicked a Carrie Underwood song for this show! That is very flattering for Carrie, honestly! He seemed to like the song alot too.

They guy did a decent job honestly, considering he is a guy and it is almost impossible for most ladies to hit those high notes!

I love how everyone kept saying how vocally challenging the song is... lol Hell yeah!

Concert Stars
    Yea I thought he did really well for a guy as well too. Of course no one is ever going to do as well as Carrie on any of her songs. But I though it was a very good cover for a guy and he put a lot of emotion in it. I could tell he definitely felt connected to the song.

New Carrie Fan
    I did not care for it (especially the big note). For me, it is hard to hear someone else sing Carrie lol. The only cover I "kind of liked" was Lauren from AI...but she is adorable so that helps

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cpeTN89 View Post
    Yea I thought he did really well for a guy as well too. Of course no one is ever going to do as well as Carrie on any of her songs. But I though it was a very good cover for a guy and he put a lot of emotion in it. I could tell he definitely felt connected to the song.
    JTTW is such a inspirational song, anyone can relate to it. I love Carrie's version but I love it more when she sings live, so much passion.

I also loved Vince Gill rendition, his was more mellow but still Great! (Guys should sing is version because as we know, it's almost impossible to sing Carrie's rendition)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think he did a good job. The only thing I noticed was that he couldn't get through some of the lines without taking a breath in the middle. It is a hard song to sing, especially for a guy I would think. He has a really good voice and the song had a special meaning to him, so I think it was a good performance.

Tee - I'm not sure though, whether Adam picked the song or Jeff picked for himself. It seemed that some of the performers were picking their own songs and with some the coaches were picking. May have to do with the confidence of the performer - whether they know what they want or want some guidance if they are young (like Xenia).
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I thought he did pretty good, I just think we compare Carrie's songs to Carrie all the time so whenever someone else sings it they dont sound good

Concert Stars
    Pitchy! Very Pitchy!
    He has a nice quality to his voice, but he gets off pitch really easily. Flat all over the place.
    No need to compare this to Carrie.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast