Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Concert Stars

David Wild of RollingStone Mag Commented about Remind Me!

David Wild tweeted earlier today:

"Who's heard "Remind Me" by @BradPaisley & Carrie? What do you think? For what it's worth, I think it's the most powerful duet in years."

David Wild (Wildaboutmusic) on Twitter

Concert Stars
    That's great coming from RollingStone who never mentions Carrie.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow!!! That's incredible, considering Rolling Stone never mentions Carrie. I now believe we are in for something MORE than incredible come May 23rd.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Anyone love that he just says carrie bc he knows people will kno exactly who hes talking about.

Concert Stars
    Better than SWSRN & John Mayer? Who knew?

Concert Stars
    ^ lol Yeah I hear you Thaifood. lol

Obviously he means SECOND-BIGGEST. SWSRN's one and a half lines in "Half of My Heart" was huger.

:P

Oh damn, someone beat me to the joke

Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    That's great coming from RollingStone who never mentions Carrie.
    David Wild is also one of the main writers for the CMAs, and good friends with Brad I think.

That's it, I don't think I can patiently wait anymore for this song lol!!! We've been getting very positive comments/feedback about this duet, love it!
    Last edited by Claire2004; 05-15-2011 at 02:06 AM.

omg! I cannot wait for this song! I can imagine it now; Remind Me, winning a lot of accolades and such

Concert Stars
    I wonder if it would be getting the same reaction if it was on Carrie's album - I think it's great it's getting such positive comments - can't wait to hear it - I've never heard the Mayer duet - listening to all the clips on Brad's album it sounds awesome - I love how creative Brad is

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    If the duet was on Carrie's album I wonder if it would get the same response???????????? They always pick Carrie's album to pieces and JUST MAYBE SAY THERE IS ONE OR TWO GOOD SONGS ON IT---BUT SAY HER VOCALS ARE GOOD. SAME OLD LINES every time> iT MAKES ME MAD AS HE--!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yet they praise other females albums that maybe get 2 or 3 singles off it and lucky if one hits the #1 status ON BB and Mediabase--. GRRRRRRRRR--------------------------------

Concert Stars
    Looking so forward to it.
    Yeah, to get this notice from a Rollingstone person is a pretty big deal to me.
    And no, there is no way this would get this much attention off a Carrie album.
    I'm not gonna let it bother me but the truth is the truth.
    Also as far as awards go, I am not so sure you can win vocal awards for being a guest on other peoples albums.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    I wonder if it would be getting the same reaction if it was on Carrie's album - I think it's great it's getting such positive comments - can't wait to hear it - I've never heard the Mayer duet - listening to all the clips on Brad's album it sounds awesome - I love how creative Brad is
    i doubt that it would be getting as great of reviews. I also find the A rating amazing, very few artists get that kind of a rating. Saying that I hope it is worthy of an A since it looks like i will be buying it.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thats really great coming from such an important music magazine, we're so close to finally being able to hear it I cant wait!

Concert Stars
    this is pretty amazing coming from them...cant wait for the song!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's an awesome mention for Carrie! I'm seriously stoked beyond words for this single!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    I have a funny feeling that if the song was on Carrie's album-- they would give it mediocre reviews....lol But since it is on Brad's album, it will get great reviews. lol

EW is nice to Carrie though. They gave her last 2 albums good reviews--- B and B+ I think.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Looking so forward to it.
    Yeah, to get this notice from a Rollingstone person is a pretty big deal to me.
    And no, there is no way this would get this much attention off a Carrie album.
    I'm not gonna let it bother me but the truth is the truth.
    Also as far as awards go, I am not so sure you can win vocal awards for being a guest on other peoples albums.
    At the Grammys-- if for some reason Brad won Album of the year-- Carrie would get the Grammy too. lol But-- Adele or Gaga or Kanye are going to win Album of the year next year- so that won't happen. lol But it is still nice if Brad gets nominated for stuff for this album if the other critics agree with how good it is.

Carrie's only chance for awards for this duet is Country Collab at the ACMS/CMAS, and maybe Duo Vocal Performance at the Grammys now that the rules changed. But it will be competing with Kelly and Jason for every award show, so it will be a close call as to who wins.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast