Concert Stars

Perez Hilton Defends Carrie On Twitter :)

This is kind of cool. Someone named @17days tweeted that Kelly Clarkson is the one and only successful idol, and Perez tweeted this back, defending Carrie.

http://twitter.com/PerezHilton

@17days @kelly_clarkson Carrie Underwood has sold more albums and will likely have a longer and more prosperous career.

Aside-- I like Kelly too, so this is not about her. But it was wrong of the guy to act like Kelly is the only successful idol.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Yeah saw this. I dislike him though :/

Concert Stars
    aww how nice of him!

I so dislike the whole "one and only successful".
    We already discussed that to our bones and there's no way we can say anything about the contestants. Most of them got a singing career that was what they were looking for. Others got a way to act or host show or be part of another reality show.
    So not everyone will be a Grammy winner, or get an Oscar but just because they can't get it doesn't mean they aren't successful.

Now thats what I am talking about!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Aww, that's so nice of him! You tell 'em Prez.

I agree it's sad that everyone seems to measure Idol winners by Grammy's and album sales- it's so unrealistic, and very unfair to so many artists that work hard, but don't have mega-success.

I do have to say though it seems Carrie is now the one being labeled as the most successful Idol- I now see more Carrie mentions than Kelly ones.

That's why I'm surprised to see this- Kelly was successful in the begining, but she has died down, compared to Carrie's continuing momentum.

To me, it seems to be a stigma within country music as well- just because pop is more accepted and played worldwide, people have to live under and rock and not accept that a country music artist is indeed more successful.

Huge Carrie Follower
    So happy to see that Perez Hilton defended Carrie since I think Carrie and Clarkson are the two singing superstars of AI.

Concert Stars
    yeah some pop and rock fans act as if country music is inferior so therefore Carrie is inferior. lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar
    I always argue about this on other forums with people. I mention how many consecutive #1 hits Carrie has had, and the defense is always "those are on the country charts though, and pop is way more competitive".

Concert Stars
    That was nice of him, Thanks for posting! I hate when people pin Kelly against Carrie. Both are amazing artists.

Carrie Guru
    ^ I agree. Why oh why do people keep putting them against each other. They are both amazing and successful.

Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie > Kelly

I love 'em both, but Carrie's superior

And it's actually pretty ridiculous when people can't really work out the maths to see Carrie really is as successful, if not more than, Kelly.

C'mon, Carrie's smallest-opening album opened bigger than Kelly's biggest.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    honestly though, i wouldnt b surprised if carrie's become so big that a lot of people dont even associate her with idol. ive heard people say "wait, carrie underwood came from idol?"
    becca T

Concert Stars
    and i have to tell my friends that all the time! they dont believe me. its always "but Kelly has more albums & is bigger in the rest of the world than Carrie"

•