Concert Stars

Points of Light Gala TV ad

They had a TV ad for the Points of Light Gala at the Kennedy Center and they showed Carrie singing Instant Karma and then her song was in the background for the rest of the commercial so I guess she made the cut for the show!

Concert Stars
    awesome

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Cant wait to watch it. There are so many Carrie things/events/music that we are anticipating to watch see and listen. Imagine just 2 months ago we felt so down and frustrated and how things have changed now. Life is sure like a wheel and we are on top with excitement right now. It is a good feeling. Carrie is truly an inspiration to us carriefans.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Did anyone cap the ad??? Would love to see!!!

Concert Stars
    I saw it twice tonight!! Just watch NBC!!

Concert Stars
    Woohoo! I can't wait to watch this special.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I heard this ad tonight too- I loved how Carrie's name was announced first.

Concert Stars
    Aww cool! I wonder if it was capped!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    They had a TV ad for the Points of Light Gala at the Kennedy Center and they showed Carrie singing Instant Karma and then her song was in the background for the rest of the commercial so I guess she made the cut for the show!
    Was there ever any doubt!?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    Was there ever any doubt!?
    Some fans on here were concerned since the taping was two hours and the show to be aired is only
    one hour that some part of it has to be left out and were worried about Carrie's performance and
    speech making the show.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I just hope this doesn't get preempted -- I thought I saw something that the president is going to have speech broadcast to the nation on Monday evening! But don't quote me on this -- it was some defense place or something!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Some fans on here were concerned since the taping was two hours and the show to be aired is only
    one hour that some part of it has to be left out and were worried about Carrie's performance and
    speech making the show.
    Yes I remember that but I also got the impression, based on press releases for this event, that Carrie was on the A-list for this event and from what I could see was getting as much if not more ad time for the event than Garth Brooks...so it never entered my mind that her performance and /or speech would be cut ...but given the time constraints I can see how some might come to that conclusion and it might happen for more than 1 person, but that that might happen to Carrie...never, never crossed my mind.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I just hope this doesn't get preempted -- I thought I saw something that the president is going to have speech broadcast to the nation on Monday evening! But don't quote me on this -- it was some defense place or something!
    I heard the same thing. I hope it is not preempted.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    I heard the same thing. I hope it is not preempted.
    Wouldn't earn points for Obama - Current president preempting a program honoring one president with three others in attendance?

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    The presidential address is scheduled for 7:30 PM ET. The Points of Light special is at 8:00 PM ET. So as long as the address is less than 30 minutes (which I think it will be), it won't affect the primetime TV schedule.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wouldn't earn points for Obama - Current president preempting a program honoring one president with three others in attendance?
    Ad in the fact that he would be talking about the "kinetic military action" aka:war in Libya that seemingly has no leader except the FRENCH (which IMO is so freaking ironic and odd that we could preempt 3 hours of TV programing and still not figure that one out) AND that he already preempted AI a couple of times. And isn't Dancing with the Stars back on about then too?

Thanks y'all for reminding me of this - I had forgotten to set my DVR! With all my daughters wedding plans, other daughters cheer competitions and the other daughters dance competitions I have fallen behind on my Carrie obsession (as my family calls it!)

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    The presidential address is scheduled for 7:30 PM ET. The Points of Light special is at 8:00 PM ET. So as long as the address is less than 30 minutes (which I think it will be), it won't affect the primetime TV schedule.
    Ummm Cary...? You HAVE seen our president speak before right? His "let me be clear"s and "let me just say"s and "umms - aa's" usually take that long. But as I am assuming those times posted are EST and not MST I believe I will be in the clear because even Obama can not run over that long.

Concert Stars
    Surely he wouldn't do that!!!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by utlovescarrie View Post
    Ummm Cary...? You HAVE seen our president speak before right? His "let me be clear"s and "let me just say"s and "umms - aa's" usually take that long. But as I am assuming those times posted are EST and not MST I believe I will be in the clear because even Obama can not run over that long.
    Normally presidential addresses are scheduled in primetime. But this one is scheduled in the half-hour prior to primetime. Since Obama along with all the other living presidents are actually a part of the Points of Light special, it is certainly possible that the air time of the speech was specifically picked to avoid a schedule conflict with the special.

Concert Stars
    yay so glad they featured her!!

•