Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Randy Jackson: Carrie is the best all-time Idol

  1. #1
    Insane Carrie Fan chevrolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    5,438

    Randy Jackson: Carrie is the best all-time Idol

    I've been watching Jimmy Kimmel's show and interview with Randy Jackson. He asked Randy who was the best AI contestant of all-time and of course, Randy said Carrie Underwood.
    carrieismy1idol likes this.

  • #2
    Obsessed Carrie Fan undrwood9098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,889
    Concert Stars
    That's a huge honor! Awesome to hear that, and I hope Vinman capped it!

  • #3
    Huge Carrie Follower carriefan2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    826
    did he add any reasoning, or did he just say simply carrie underwood?

  • #4
    Obsessed Carrie Fan yehchern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    2,090
    i think i remember randy always said kelly and fantasia ??and now he said carrie

  • #5
    Carrie Guru Claire2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the library. lol
    Posts
    11,128
    Love it! Very flattering

  • #6
    Insane Carrie Fan TOPDOG1001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,997
    Here is the video from mjsbigblog.

    At around 9:45.


  • #7
    Carrie Guru Jade_kt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    21,347
    Concert Stars
    I would put my money on Carrie too

  • #8
    Junior Carrie Follower chris07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    104
    It's so great to watch something like this....plus the audience reaction when he said Carrie's name was pretty awsome!

  • #9
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    aww that's awesome..go Carrie!

  • #10
    Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Livin the life one Carrie song at a time
    Posts
    3,415
    Concert Stars
    I totally agreed with the polka dot dog!

  • #11
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,859
    Concert Stars
    Totally cool.
    Also, I gotta give props to Kimmel for laying it out there about someone like JLo judging a singing contest. He was honest and he was not stepping down on this idea that just cause you are a star does not mean you are right to tell real singers what they have and don't have.
    I would love Carrie on a show like that, only problem is he has such a strng personality, Carrie usually backs off of people like that and lets them run the interveiw.

  • #12
    Insane Carrie Fan fearless_dancerrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    boston.
    Posts
    3,854
    Concert Stars
    wish he would have elaborated. i wonder why he picked carrie, not cause i don't agree, but because a lot of people automatically go for kelly clarkson.

  • #13
    Insane Carrie Fan carrieidol1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,950
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by fearless_dancerrr View Post
    wish he would have elaborated. i wonder why he picked carrie, not cause i don't agree, but because a lot of people automatically go for kelly clarkson.

    I think he probably based it on success. Kelly and Carrie are on par with each other when it comes to vocals. Perhaps Kelly is a step up??? At this point, however, no one can deny that Carrie's success goes far beyond Kelly's.

  • #14
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,859
    Concert Stars
    I totally know what you mean, but as Kelly and Carrie's vocal stylings are so different I don't think it's fair to give one an "up" over the other.
    It more comes down to style preference. Note for note I think you'd have a hard time picking the better vocalist.
    But yes, Carries abilitiy to stay relevant has elivated her in the publics perception far above Kellys.

  • #15
    Obsessed Carrie Fan bree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,791
    Concert Stars
    What a compliment! Great to hear him say that. I totally agree!

  • #16
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,716
    Yeeeeeeessss!

  • #17
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by yehchern View Post
    i think i remember randy always said kelly and fantasia ??and now he said carrie
    He has been the President, Vice President and # 1 fan of Fantasia fan club forever. lol

  • #18
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Totally cool.
    Also, I gotta give props to Kimmel for laying it out there about someone like JLo judging a singing contest. He was honest and he was not stepping down on this idea that just cause you are a star does not mean you are right to tell real singers what they have and don't have.
    I would love Carrie on a show like that, only problem is he has such a strng personality, Carrie usually backs off of people like that and lets them run the interveiw.
    I believe carrie was on jimmy kimmel when PLAY ON came out. Jimmy even gave carrie a guacamole turkey!

  • #19
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,859
    Concert Stars
    OMG, your right.
    Hilareous

  • #20
    Insane Carrie Fan fearless_dancerrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    boston.
    Posts
    3,854
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieidol1 View Post
    I think he probably based it on success. Kelly and Carrie are on par with each other when it comes to vocals. Perhaps Kelly is a step up??? At this point, however, no one can deny that Carrie's success goes far beyond Kelly's.
    hmm, i don't agree that kelly's voice is better.. but that may just be my subjective opinion.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •