Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 108
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: 2020 CMA Awards

  1. #81
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    432
    Concert Stars
    Overall, it seems as though Miranda’s tide has turned with the award shows just basing it off of the past few years, but I could see Bluebird winning something. Considering she didn’t win entertainer when she was winning female for how many freaking years in a row in addition to a bunch of other awards, she might not be one who wins ever. It seems as though she is always kind of on low key tours that blend together with relatively average attendance, so I think that’ll definitely hurt her when it comes to entertainer (like it probably has in the past). I would rather have some one who has never won before win entertainer though, and if Miranda were to hypothetically win I could see her acknowledging Carrie somehow.

  • #82
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,974
    It should be fair since no one toured this year so voters should go off of the past year and the past couple months.
    oldyfan and CU4ever like this.

  • #83
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    7,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    How is Miranda overdue for an EOTY? TBQH, she never even deserved a nomination because her tour numbers/ album sales/ overall visibility was never enough to make it to the top 5.
    Exactly! The reported tour numbers by Billboard last year or early this year were awful.. her album sold like 45k first week, she just have Bluebird, she is not even close to win Entertainer but with WME you never know..
    oldyfan, maddkat and CU4ever like this.

  • #84
    sco
    sco is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,161
    Honestly I'd be fine if they just cancel the awards this year. Nobody toured, production schedules and release schedules were all messed up, etc. Id love to see them do a music showcase, maybe even a fundraiser, and just forego they awards part of the show. Maybe its just me because thats the part of the show I care the least about anyway. I do think they owe Brad and Carrie something symbolic for 11 and 12 years of service.
    CU4ever likes this.

  • #85
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,293
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieidol1 View Post
    I thought I read something about a record... never mind. But still, Garth actually had a big year relatively speaking, so of all the years since 2017, this year would actually make sense for a nomination, whereas the past few years - not so much. Thatís all I was trying to say....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did he even have a song out during eligibility? Seems he released no music, and that should be counted towards a nomination. He hasn't earned it in my opinion. By these metrics Reba might as well be nominated, she's in the top ten (more than Garth can say currently), has another collaboration with Caylee Hammack, and is releasing and older album later this year. I'd like to see a legacy EOTY, for her especially next year after she tours.

    Now, obviously she won't be nominated and that'd be silly to even think she would, about as crazy as Garth being justified in there.
    teesharky likes this.

  • #86
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,192
    Concert Stars
    I just can’t. To the people that think this egotistical (has been) man deserves a nomination. His last pr stunt has done me in...

  • #87
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    432
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Did he even have a song out during eligibility? Seems he released no music, and that should be counted towards a nomination. He hasn't earned it in my opinion. By these metrics Reba might as well be nominated, she's in the top ten (more than Garth can say currently), has another collaboration with Caylee Hammack, and is releasing and older album later this year. I'd like to see a legacy EOTY, for her especially next year after she tours.

    Now, obviously she won't be nominated and that'd be silly to even think she would, about as crazy as Garth being justified in there.
    Did you all hear about his proposed entertainer award he was trying to get approved? (Your legacy comment reminded me.) It was an entertainer of the year award for the older generation of people like him the Grandpa lol. I didnít know until recently that heís actually a Grandpa which surprised me. However it did not get approved and it isnít happening, but thatís one of the most pathetic concepts Iíve ever heard. It seems as though he was trying to create the award for himself essentially.
    adam1995 and CU4ever like this.

  • #88
    Carrie Follower СнцскеяшᏍd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Denali
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by pacarriefan View Post
    Garth is removing himself from contention for EOTY...interesting. Hopefully he has undergone some type of realization about all of that bull crap.
    My take from the outside looking in....This is other than SWIFTY the most egotistical self promoting artist in the history of Country music..This move stamps his name on this award forever and he knows it... Every time someone wins this award it will be said they won because Garth took himself out of the running... For me the really important thing is that itís gonna be A VERY CARRIE CHRISTMAS! CHEERS
    CU4ever likes this.

  • #89
    Ultimate Carrie Fan carrieidol1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    6,017
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Did he even have a song out during eligibility? Seems he released no music, and that should be counted towards a nomination. He hasn't earned it in my opinion. By these metrics Reba might as well be nominated, she's in the top ten (more than Garth can say currently), has another collaboration with Caylee Hammack, and is releasing and older album later this year. I'd like to see a legacy EOTY, for her especially next year after she tours.

    Now, obviously she won't be nominated and that'd be silly to even think she would, about as crazy as Garth being justified in there.
    The thing is, in 2020 specifically weíre in uncharted territory. There isnít touring and really not much in terms of music released; many artists who mightíve planned 2020 releases are postponing. Anyway, fact of the matter is that Garth has stood out this year on social media; doing almost weekly concerts and ďconferencesĒ as well as a TV special, etc. I follow his social media along with pretty much all the contenders and he by far has done the most with what he could this year.

    Look, Iím not sitting here trying to make a case for Garth. But there definitely is a case to be made for him this year, more than the past few years. I donít want him to win or be nominated, but if he were this year, even considering last year it wouldnít be unjustified.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • #90
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    24,670
    Concert Stars
    ^ yeah you are

    the eligibility year runs from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020

    lots of artist did lots of stuff before the quarantine. Even after quarantine Brad & Keith have done more then garth. He's is not the end all to be all.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #91
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,914
    Concert Stars
    it hurts too much to even bother hoping anymore. Last year crushed me.

  • #92
    Junior Carrie Follower Zach1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    How is Miranda overdue for an EOTY? TBQH, she never even deserved a nomination because her tour numbers/ album sales/ overall visibility was never enough to make it to the top 5.
    Miranda tours every year vs Carrie's every three years, of course Carrie will have stronger tour numbers because she doesn't come as often thus builds anticipation. Would you say the same about Carrie even though she hasn't been selling out stadiums like Eric, Luke, Jason, Garth, etc? No. Her album sales over the past five years have actually been very close to Carrie's. They're actually pretty awesome given the lack of radio success she's had over the past 5ish years. Everybody is seeing diminished sales numbers due to streaming becoming larger, and Carrie's next album will reflect that. The only reason CP sales are so massive is because of the bundle. For example, when I got the album I received 4 copies due to me buying tickets. Had there been no bundle I would have bought 1 copy of it. The same concept goes for other casual fans as well. In addition to her solo projects she has an animal shelter and her own boot line and makes side projects with the Pistol Annies. Like I said she's not as overdue as Carrie, but if that man can win after not doing anything I'd say Miranda should win at least once before it's all said and done. Feel free to disagree, but to diminish her success and act like she's done nothing is false.

  • #93
    Ultimate Carrie Fan carrieidol1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    6,017
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ yeah you are

    the eligibility year runs from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020

    lots of artist did lots of stuff before the quarantine. Even after quarantine Brad & Keith have done more then garth. He's is not the end all to be all.
    Okay but heís not an unreasonable choice and definitely a viable top 5 contender. Thatís all. Jeeeeeeeeeeesus canít say anything around here anymore.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zach1998 and countrygram like this.

  • #94
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    432
    Concert Stars
    I think there are just a lot of lingering frustrations (rightfully so) with both Miranda and Garth taking awards from Carrie when it appeared that she was the obvious winner. I’ve seen Miranda in concert and like her for the most part so I’m not getting involved in if she is or isn’t deserving of EOTY (although I still think she would have won by now if she was going to win when her year after year after year wins were in full force). I also think people would feel differently about Garth this year if he wasn’t flat-out arrogant and obnoxious last year, and those feelings have been heightened by his latest shenanigans. It just feels like he’s lying about everything such as how bothered he is still.

  • #95
    Junior Carrie Follower Zach1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by pacarriefan View Post
    I think there are just a lot of lingering frustrations (rightfully so) with both Miranda and Garth taking awards from Carrie when it appeared that she was the obvious winner. Iíve seen Miranda in concert and like her for the most part so Iím not getting involved in if she is or isnít deserving of EOTY (although I still think she would have won by now if she was going to win when her year after year after year wins were in full force). I also think people would feel differently about Garth this year if he wasnít flat-out arrogant and obnoxious last year, and those feelings have been heightened by his latest shenanigans. It just feels like heís lying about everything such as how bothered he is still.
    That's definitely the issue imo. The only reason I make an argument for Miranda is unlike Garth, all those years she won when she didn't deserve it she wasn't arrogant about it. She knew Carrie deserved a lot of those more than her, hence why she would mention her in literally every acceptance speech almost. It's just after seeing how big of an advocate she's been for Carrie you think people would go a little easier on her. Like, last year when she was so outspoken about Carrie deserving EOTY that was all across headlines. If you actually go back and look when she started being so outspoken about it, it was literally within a couple of weeks of when the final ballot closed, therefore trying to make it be hot on voters minds while they were voting. Someone like that should be looked at as an ally imo.

  • #96
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    432
    Concert Stars
    ^and if Garth had at least said something along the lines of “hey, Carrie had a career-defining tour and would’ve been a deserving winner” or something like Miranda would always say, this whole situation would be somewhat different. I do think things are better in terms of the Miranda vs Carrie “rivalry”, and now everyone is more focused on Garth instead (but that’s his own stupid fault because of his own personality, speech, etc).

  • #97
    Obsessed Carrie Fan CU4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,803
    Concert Stars
    I'm disappointed so many fellow artists have Blake Shelton's mentality. It's why Carrie will never win the award.

    "He is Garth Brooks. GARTH BROOKS!!! I don’t give a **** what anyone says. ANYONE. Entertainer of the century."


    https://twitter.com/blakeshelton/status/1288512904682250241?s=20


    pacarriefan and maddkat like this.

  • #98
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Citizen of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,157
    Reading Blake Shelton's Twitter feed takes more courage than I can muster on a warm August eve
    pacarriefan, glenn7 and Momin like this.

  • #99
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    271
    Yup 100% true. I remember watching the live stream red carpet and the guy interviewed Thomas Rhett about his choice for EOTY. And the response was like ďcome on, of course itís Garth.Ē They donít care what heís done in the care, they care about who he is and his legacy. Itís how George Straight won a few years back. Itís BS

  • #100
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    271
    And Iím sure Blakeís response would be different if he was actually nominated along with Garth after a massive tour lol.

    I appreciate that Luke Bryan stuck up for Carrie
    CU4ever likes this.


  •  
    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Oct. 24, 2020] Stagecoach (canceled)
      By maddkat in forum Concerts & Events: Reviews, Photos & Videos
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 06-10-2020, 06:06 PM
    2. 2020 CMT Awards
      By maddkat in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: 05-23-2020, 08:47 PM
    3. Carrie at CSR 2020
      By maddkat in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 48
      Last Post: 02-26-2020, 04:10 PM
    4. 2020 Grammys
      By maddkat in forum Music
      Replies: 194
      Last Post: 02-14-2020, 04:10 PM
    5. 2020 IheartRadio Awards
      By maddkat in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 01-08-2020, 01:16 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •