Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By CU4ever
  • 1 Post By Klinnerz
  • 1 Post By CU4ever
  • 2 Post By maddkat
  • 1 Post By lolita55
  • 4 Post By Farawayhills
  • 2 Post By AnthonyLovesCarrie

Thread: Carrie and More Crossover Performances?

Concert Stars

Carrie and More Crossover Performances?

Kacey Musgraves apparently has a new Christmas Special coming out in two weeks on Amazon Prime. It looks really exciting and fun - and has a lot of pop guests.

Which brings me to the point of this thread, does anyone think Carrie may start doing more things like this? Like perform with some crossover artists or do some TV specials? If maybe this is what Carrie needs to win awards (Kacey and Female last night), I certainly wouldn't be opposed to her branching out. I know she had a crazy busy year - but for some reason that isn't good enough for voters.
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Klinnerz's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    Kacey Musgraves apparently has a new Christmas Special coming out in two weeks on Amazon Prime. It looks really exciting and fun - and has a lot of pop guests.

Which brings me to the point of this thread, does anyone think Carrie may start doing more things like this? Like perform with some crossover artists or do some TV specials? If maybe this is what Carrie needs to win awards (Kacey and Female last night), I certainly wouldn't be opposed to her branching out. I know she had a crazy busy year - but for some reason that isn't good enough for voters.
    I think Carrie needs to get featured artist on DA and rerelease the single so it can crossover to mainstream radio.

As for Kacey, her special wasn't announced until early November. After the voting for the CMAs tbh. So this has nothing to do with Kacey winning. Kacey won due to her own success prior to the awards.
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Klinnerz View Post
    I think Carrie needs to get featured artist on DA and rerelease the single so it can crossover to mainstream radio.

As for Kacey, her special wasn't announced until early November. After the voting for the CMAs tbh. So this has nothing to do with Kacey winning. Kacey won due to her own success prior to the awards.
    I never said it was this special that caused her to win. It's that she does things like this - such as tour with Harry Styles. She has a lot of crossover appeal and fans. Still, nobody here has denied Kacey's reason for winning or success, so I don't know why you always think we are - we're actually not allowed to bash other artists anyway : D
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    No, I don't
    DaisyTweets and txacar like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    At this point Carrie just needs to do whatever she wants to do. I think she should collaborate with more artists from other genres. She should also release her music to pop radio as well. Maybe record some Alternative country music, and do some movies and or TV shows. She has done everything that she could to put herself in a box so the country music industry would respect her, and last night showed that people who run it don’t. So **** them.
    hjj likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I think Carrie's always shown a gift for singing songs that have crossover potential, without sacrificing Country credibility. This is an early example, which I think was beautifully handled (the poster, though, is mistaken in saying she was 14 - it actually comes from the "Carrie Underwood" album, recorded independently when she was about 19). It's a cover of a song which did have considerable crossover chart success when it was recorded by Lee Ann Womack, with Sons of the Desert. There were, I think, two versions of the original - a Country version with the Sons singing counterpoint, and a Pop version, with the Sons only singing backing to Lee Ann. If Carrie wanted to do something similar nowadays, I'm pretty sure she could pull it off with just one version that would be equally acceptable to both.

txacar, lolita55, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan AnthonyLovesCarrie's Avatar
    Watching these AMAs just reiterates what I've been thinking and saying recently - the pop world is in dire need of a TRUE vocalist. Someone who sounds amazing live and never lip-syncs. Carrie would be so much more appreciated in pop than she would be in country. I believe she has the potential to have Taylor Swift-type popularity worldwide, but I don't think Carrie necessarily cares about that, which is fine also.

As a fan, as long as she is happy giving us great music and performing, I'm happy.
    lizcarlo and oldyfan like this.

•