Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By MelissaD
  • 1 Post By simonplay
  • 1 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 1 Post By jptexas
  • 1 Post By teesharky
  • 1 Post By simonplay
  • 2 Post By carriethequeen
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 3 Post By maddkat
  • 2 Post By maddkat

Thread: Christmas album?

  1. #1
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,089

    Christmas album?

    Has there ever been any talks of her releasing an official Christmas album? I know there's the 5 songs on the holiday edition of Carnival Ride, but I'm surprised she hasn't recorded a full-on Christmas album yet. I've love to hear her take on a lot more of the classics, and not just the religious ones, either. I want to hear the likes of "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town," "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "The Christmas Song," "Merry Christmas Baby" (great opportunity to showcase her jazzy side), "This Christmas," "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus," "Baby It's Cold Outside," etc. I'd also like an updated "O Holy Night" and of course "Silent Night," "Jesus, Oh What a Wonderful Child," "Joy To The World," "Mary Did You Know?" and others. Christmas albums are super quick and easy to record too, and a great way for artists to keep their names out there while they're between major album releases. I hope it happens eventually.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

  • #2
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Has there ever been any talks of her releasing an official Christmas album? I know there's the 5 songs on the holiday edition of Carnival Ride, but I'm surprised she hasn't recorded a full-on Christmas album yet. I've love to hear her take on a lot more of the classics, and not just the religious ones, either. I want to hear the likes of "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town," "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "The Christmas Song," "Merry Christmas Baby" (great opportunity to showcase her jazzy side), "This Christmas," "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus," "Baby It's Cold Outside," etc. I'd also like an updated "O Holy Night" and of course "Silent Night," "Jesus, Oh What a Wonderful Child," "Joy To The World," "Mary Did You Know?" and others. Christmas albums are super quick and easy to record too, and a great way for artists to keep their names out there while they're between major album releases. I hope it happens eventually.
    I feel like next year would be good for this.

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,667
    I been listening to her performances of Have yourself a merry little Christmas and Last Christmas for the past two weeks getting ready for christmas.. lol
    gwade82 likes this.

  • #4
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,429
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    I been listening to her performances of Have yourself a merry little Christmas and Last Christmas for the past two weeks getting ready for christmas.. lol
    I lived in Argentina for 5 years and it was especially hard to get ready for Christmas when you are in the middle of summer. LOL
    But I can see where a Christmas Album from Carrie would help!
    simonplay likes this.

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan jptexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    9,482
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I lived in Argentina for 5 years and it was especially hard to get ready for Christmas when you are in the middle of summer. LOL
    But I can see where a Christmas Album from Carrie would help!

    A lot easier in the Bandera area. Lol
    Smokyiiis likes this.

  • #6
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,701
    Concert Stars
    I want one so badly.
    glenn7 likes this.

  • #7
    Obsessed Carrie Fan PRGuy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,672
    Concert Stars
    If/when this happens, I hope it includes an inspirational ballad that could cross-over to Adult AC radio, starting mid-Fall and running through Winter.

  • #8
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I lived in Argentina for 5 years and it was especially hard to get ready for Christmas when you are in the middle of summer. LOL
    But I can see where a Christmas Album from Carrie would help!
    Haha!! Well it's all I know, it's been like that all my life so it's not weird for us. But I love that Christmas is in the summer here, everybody make family parties in the backyard, good food, drinks and music, then at midnight we all come out to the street and say "Feliz Navidad" to all the neighbords. But I would like to experiment a Christmas in winter with the snow and everything like in the movies.. lol.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

  • #9
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,089
    I think a Christmas album could potentially boost her international appeal as well (especially if the songs are performed in their traditional style (as opposed to being overly countrified), since most people still enjoy her voice even if her music isn't their cup of tea -- or if they just haven't really been exposed to her music since she's only played on country radio. My friend, for example, doesn't like her music at all, and yet her version of "O Holy Night" is her all-time favorite of the song. It'd be awesome to hear her sing the more playful and secular Christmas classics too, like "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town," "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree," "Let It Snow," "Frosty The Snowman," "Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer," and so many others. Her son Isaiah is now old enough to start appreciating the Christmas season too, so I'm sure he'd love some recordings of his mom singing those types of songs.

  • #10
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,429
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    A lot easier in the Bandera area. Lol
    Haha, so true! With a Christmas tree farm around the corner!

  • #11
    Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    964
    Concert Stars
    So funny this is being brought up today because I've been thinking about this topic lately! I would absolutely love a full Christmas album from Carrie. It would be an excellent project to tie over two album eras since we know Carrie likes to take her time :) Or if she has another baby this would require less promotion than a regular album. Perhaps we'll get lucky for Christmas 2020? She could do a Christmas special again too on one of the main networks!

    I think if she did one it would be almost all faith-themed Christmas songs about the true meaning of the holiday (which are the best ones anyways in my opinion!) with a few fun songs sprinkled in. The 5 Christmas songs from the deluxe Carnival Ride version are all about the birth of Jesus.
    ethelu and MSCarriefan like this.

  • #12
    Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    769
    Concert Stars
    Eek... I don’t really enjoy Christmas albums lol. I’m probably the only one to say this, but they don’t do anything for me. I do; however, enjoy the idea of her covering Christmas songs. Please do not go down the route of writing original Christmas songs... no, no, no!

    “Silent Night”
    “O, Holy Night”
    “Noel” by Chris Tomlin ft. Lauren Daigle (I love this version)

  • #13
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,142
    I have always thought that if Carrie does a Christmas album, she would want to write a couple of the songs herself. Also, I don't think she would do an album of just the usual traditional Christmas songs. She would want to mix it up with songs that you don't hear too often.

  • #14
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,461
    Concert Stars
    Carrie doing a Christmas album would literally be the best Christmas gift! As someone who was a huge Martina fan before Carrie came along - Martina's original Christmas album is my favorite album she ever released. And, of course, Mariah Carey's Christmas album still gets heavy rotation during the holiday season from me. Plus I love Kelly Clarkson's album. The only bad thing is that Carrie would sound so good on so many Christmas songs, it would be hard to pick which ones I would want her to sing! O Holy Night has long been my favorite Christmas song and I agree that an updated version of that with her more mature vocals would be incredible. I also loved when she sang Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (probably my 2nd fave Christmas song ever) so a recorded version would be nice. She has either covered or recorded most of my favorites, including DYHWIH, but I think some fun songs would good too - especially for Isaiah and Jacob!

    Personally, I love the idea of her writing an original or two for the album. Who says she couldn't write the next "All I Want for Christmas"? Kelly had several originals on her album and while I can't remember them all, both Wrapped in Red and Underneath the Tree are really good. I think Underneath the Tree may get decent airplay around the holidays.
    ethelu likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

  • #15
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,558
    Concert Stars
    here's a thread from back in the day of some thoughts of what people want on a Christmas cd
    http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...istmas-cd.html (What Christmas songs would you want Carrie to sing for Christmas cd?)


    I would love some originals on it. Seems Christmas song writing would be right in Carrie's wheelhouse.
    DaisyTweets, ethelu and Kizmet311 like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #16
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by carriethequeen View Post
    So funny this is being brought up today because I've been thinking about this topic lately! I would absolutely love a full Christmas album from Carrie. It would be an excellent project to tie over two album eras since we know Carrie likes to take her time Or if she has another baby this would require less promotion than a regular album. Perhaps we'll get lucky for Christmas 2020? She could do a Christmas special again too on one of the main networks!

    I think if she did one it would be almost all faith-themed Christmas songs about the true meaning of the holiday (which are the best ones anyways in my opinion!) with a few fun songs sprinkled in. The 5 Christmas songs from the deluxe Carnival Ride version are all about the birth of Jesus.
    I agree, but the fun, non-faith based songs are also staples of the holiday season and really help get people, especially kids, into the spirit. It'll appeal to a much broader demographic if it isn't just strictly slow-paced songs about the birth of Jesus. Most people want merry, upbeat songs that capture the joy and happiness of the season. I'm not saying don't do the religious songs too, but there should definitely be a balance. I'd love gospel-infused versions of Joy To The World and Hark! The Herald Angels Sing. & by that, I mean full-on Baptist Church-style.

  • #17
    Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bushkill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,720
    Concert Stars
    She could do a version of Last Christmas because loves Wham.

  • #18
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,558
    Concert Stars
    ^ I'm gonna please no on Last Christmas.Everyone covers and imo it's just a terrible song for Christmas.
    Smokyiiis and txacar like this.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  • #19
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ I'm gonna please no on Last Christmas.Everyone covers and imo it's just a terrible song for Christmas.
    I'm with you. Not a favorite of mine, lol!


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Loretta Lynn's White Christmas Blue Album
      By MayDayGirl97 in forum Music
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 10-10-2016, 06:42 PM
    2. An idea I have for when Carrie releases a Christmas album
      By steven77571 in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 08-27-2015, 06:43 PM
    3. Replies: 227
      Last Post: 12-15-2014, 08:13 AM
    4. Come up with your own Christmas album eras!
      By kelanob in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 10-20-2013, 08:15 AM
    5. Carrie's Future Christmas Album: Your ideal tracklist
      By AnthonyLovesCarrie in forum Carrie Underwood Album Talk
      Replies: 62
      Last Post: 02-25-2012, 10:51 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •