Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 55th ACM Awards

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^^^^ Again that bullsh%t criteria...... include but not limited too.... haha.... subject to the approval of the board (WME) The winner shall be determined by a vote of the ACM professional membership - WME and the good ole boys club.....

Perfect reasons why Carrie will never win....... WME rules and governs all...... There's where the hatred lies....
    teesharky likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJenAryXYAERLAt?format=jpg&name=large
    LMAAAAOOO at the EOTY criteria. Only Carrie checks all those boxes this year, yet she won't win.

Those sh1tty voters pick whoever WME tells/pays them to. They've never even read that criteria.
    Hil, CU4ever, teesharky and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    "Some of the biggest names in Country Music" going to be there. Hmmm? Carrie Underwood is one of them

https://www.facebook.com/AcademyOfCountryMusic/videos/584035339096066/

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    submissions are now opened till Jan 3
    DaisyTweets likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ACM Reveals Voting Windows For '55th Academy of Country Music Awards'
    ACM Awards
    The ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC (ACM) has announced that submissions for its "55th ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS" are open TODAY (12/2) through FRIDAY, JANUARY 3, 2020. The categories eligible for submissions include the main televised awards, radio awards, industry awards, and Video of the Year. The "55th ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS" will broadcast live from the MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA in LAS VEGAS on SUNDAY, APRIL 5, 2020 at 7p (CT) on CBS-TV.

The industry awards, which are given during the ACM Honors ceremony later in the year, will now be voted on only by ACM members who are categorized in the Artist/Musician/Producer/Engineer, Venue, Manager, Talent Agent and Talent Buyer/Promoter categories. Previously, the industry awards were voted on by all ACM members. One new industry category, Fair/Rodeo of the Year, has been added for 2020.
    more
    rainbow1, glenn7 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    I see snubs ahead. Lol sorry but the ACMs have snubbed her hard since 2010.
    maddkat and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    Are those some sort of words in the description for EOTY?! All I can see for some reason is “Carrie, Carrie, Carrie, Carrie, Carrie, Carrie, Carrie, Carrie, Carrie, Carrie, Carrie, Carrie, etc.”

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    It sure would be awesome if she won it for the 3rd time.
    gwade82 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Setting yourselves up again. I've learned my lesson.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ agree, I expect nothing but a FVOTY nom and no wins
    adam1995 and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ agree, I expect nothing but a FVOTY nom and no wins
    Same. It honestly doesn't even matter to me anymore at this point. If she wins, great, but if not, at least it changes nothing.

Concert Stars
    After Miranda winning the most ACMs in history, it proves they mean nothing. No offense to Miranda or her fans, but the fact she has more than the legends is ridiculous. Also, that she won Female in years she did nothing and Carrie released hit after hit... I’m done with them. At least the CMAs have given Carrie a couple more Female Vocalist wins.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    People are probably wise not to get their hopes up. and may indeed prefer to ignore the whole roller coaster of award shenanigans.

However, looking at the two shows, it is the case that, whatever the overlap, they are not simply clones of each other.

The current holder of EOTY at the ACM is Keith Urban - but the big winner in recent years has been Jason Aldean (who has not been in favour at the CMA). Conversely, Garth Brooks has not so far regained the recent voting traction here that he has been enjoying at the CMA. The two organizations do often show noticeable differences in some of their award voting - and a reaction against the CMA voting, or at least a desire to demonstrate a different perspective, is at least possible.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    People are probably wise not to get their hopes up. and may indeed prefer to ignore the whole roller coaster of award shenanigans.

However, looking at the two shows, it is the case that, whatever the overlap, they are not simply clones of each other.

The current holder of EOTY at the ACM is Keith Urban - but the big winner in recent years has been Jason Aldean (who has not been in favour at the CMA). Conversely, Garth Brooks has not so far regained the recent voting traction here that he has been enjoying at the CMA. The two organizations do often show noticeable differences in some of their award voting - and a reaction against the CMA voting, or at least a desire to demonstrate a different perspective, is at least possible.
    This is true, I also think the upset over Carrie’s snub, as well as Eric’s will help them both get EOTY nominations. I have to say, I’m confident Carrie will be nominated, I’m also confident that Eric will be nominated, but I’m also confident Garth will, too. Garth definitely has had a much different track record at the ACMs than the CMAs since his comeback, but I think he will win because of that. Also, right in time for nomination selections, he’s all over TV, has an A&E two-part concert/biography, extended his Dive Bar Tour, and also added more dates for his stadium tour next year... I think this visibility combined with the same reasons he won the CMA (legacy act/biggest country star ever/man/yada yada yada) plus his lack of an EOTY win since his comeback will lead to him winning in 2020. However, Carrie and Eric could both benefit from the relatively loud backlash of being robbed by Garth, so that could change things up. Overall, I’d put my money on Garth this year, but that makes me sick because there’s no question in my mind that the 2019 and 2020 CMA & ACM Entertainer of the Year is: CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Carrie Follower
    Hopefully they push Drinking Alone for the ACM’s for Video. It would be perfect for Single and Song as well, but it doesn’t have the airplay and stats for it yet to really have that edge as well. What you guys think??

Also performance wise, could we expect a Lead single for new album or an album showcase of all the singles from the era, or a tribute performance...

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reid View Post
    Hopefully they push Drinking Alone for the ACM’s for Video. It would be perfect for Single and Song as well, but it doesn’t have the airplay and stats for it yet to really have that edge as well. What you guys think??

Also performance wise, could we expect a Lead single for new album or an album showcase of all the singles from the era, or a tribute performance...
    I'd fall on the floor unconscious if we got this.
    hjj likes this.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12