Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: 55th ACM Awards

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    The Swifties on Twitter are absolutely toxic and problematic for no reason...they’ve been hating on Carrie and Kacey for literally no reason. We don’t need Taylor affiliating with Carrie during the show and having her fans potentially ruin a happy moment. And we don’t want a repeat of the 2016 CMAs.
    CU4ever likes this.

Queen of medleys! Lol
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by pacarriefan View Post
    The Swifties on Twitter are absolutely toxic and problematic for no reason...they’ve been hating on Carrie and Kacey for literally no reason. We don’t need Taylor affiliating with Carrie during the show and having her fans potentially ruin a happy moment. And we don’t want a repeat of the 2016 CMAs.
    I don't get why they're so bitter. I thought they were all about not pitting women against eachother? I just hate that in 2020, there's still all this tension between Taylor and Carrie's fanbases.

Betty feels a bit dirty for what I'm used to in country. I can handle swearing, but I just prefer if country didn't go down that direction. Imagine WAP of country music...

Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens. Hopefully, she also performs a new song. I'm bored of medleys tbh. I don't like the sound of Let There Be Peace, but it could work as promotion for the album. I think Hallelujah would be better though, as it's only September.
    CU4ever and teesharky like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Lol, people here hate on Taylor and Kacey and Miranda and Kelsea, for no reason too.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I didn't see a single negative comment though about Taylor performing at the ACMs on Twitter , but they are saying how Carrie "Curry Underwear" and Kacey "KFC Mustygrease" are going to get destroyed at the ACMs by Taylor and that Carrie should be scared of Taylor's performance on Wednesday among other comments. They act like Taylor is still the only good thing in the genre, so I am kinda scared for how they're going to act during the show if they are already acting like babies. And this is exactly why I wish she wasn't going to be there because it takes positive attention away from all of the people actually in the genre, although Betty is going to country radio.
    CU4ever likes this.

I dont care that Taylor is performing, actually kind of glad so she pulls in some more audience when Carrie hopefully wins her awards.

But I will be pissed if Taylor gets a bunch of nominations at next years awards for having 1 "country" song
    CU4ever likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pacarriefan View Post
    I didn't see a single negative comment though about Taylor performing at the ACMs on Twitter , but they are saying how Carrie "Curry Underwear" and Kacey "KFC Mustygrease" are going to get destroyed at the ACMs by Taylor and that Carrie should be scared of Taylor's performance on Wednesday among other comments. They act like Taylor is still the only good thing in the genre, so I am kinda scared for how they're going to act during the show if they are already acting like babies. And this is exactly why I wish she wasn't going to be there because it takes positive attention away from all of the people actually in the genre, although Betty is going to country radio.
    I wouldn't be scared of a bunch of people on Twitter. They literally say things that have no merit and for attention. Probably less than 10% of anything on Twitter is worth looking at. It's a big fat who cares.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymiee View Post
    I dont care that Taylor is performing, actually kind of glad so she pulls in some more audience when Carrie hopefully wins her awards.

But I will be pissed if Taylor gets a bunch of nominations at next years awards for having 1 "country" song
    I'd doubt that happens.
    teesharky likes this.

Taylor's fans still think that Carrie throw shade to Taylor in the monologue at the CMA's one year, even if Brad said 90% of the joke.. lol they are teens pop fans who loves drama just like Taylor, just ingnore them and let them keep living in their world. Lol
    CU4ever, teesharky and pacarriefan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    Let's be honest, 99% of Taylor fans don't care about Carrie. It's only a bunch of twitter fans that are tweeting stupid things.

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Lol, people here hate on Taylor and Kacey and Miranda and Kelsea, for no reason too.
    Thanks for saying that, i feel like most CU fans here forget what it is talked about in the other threads. I mean, if you want to see a really toxic thread, you should all go read the Red Thread again. Most of you were calling Taylor not so very nice things.
    adam1995 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoctawCountyAffair View Post
    Thanks for saying that, i feel like most CU fans here forget what it is talked about in the other threads. I mean, if you want to see a really toxic thread, you should all go read the Red Thread again. Most of you were calling Taylor not so very nice things.
    I said it because it's true. There are some that hate any song released by some of these women, simply because it competes with Carrie.

Junior Carrie Follower Zach1998's Avatar
    Yes. Everything about this. Taylor has some very toxic fans, but some Carriefans aren’t completely innocent either.
    adam1995 likes this.

Country Universe predictions..

Entertainer of the Year

Should Win:

Luke Bryan
    Eric Church
    Luke Combs
    Thomas Rhett
    Carrie Underwood – ZK, JK, KJC

Will Win:

Luke Bryan
    Eric Church
    Luke Combs – ZK, JK
    Thomas Rhett
    Carrie Underwood – KJC

ZK: Luke Bryan notwithstanding, it’s a completely different field from last year for this award. I’m glad to see Carrie Underwood here, and I’m rooting for her. But I’m not going to underestimate Luke Combs’ meteoric rise either. Eric Church is a dark horse pick, as always.

JK: What concerns me is that there are two artists, Underwood and Church, who are both wildly under-recognized in this category both here and at the CMAs, and there is one artist, Combs, who has rapidly emerged as a full-on juggernaut within the industry. Because she’s won at the ACMs before, I think Underwood is less likely to triumph here than she will be at the CMAs, though she’d still get my vote. And I just don’t know that Church had the visibility during this ACM cycle to derail Combs.

KJC: Keith Urban and Garth Brooks took home the ACM and CMA, respectively, in 2019. Neither are nominated. If voting had been delayed like the show was, I’d predict Luke Combs to take home the trophy. But I’m thinking that during the pre-pandemic voting period, the CMA’s embarrassing mistake in this category was still weighing on ACM voters’ minds, and they will correctly award the trophy to Carrie Underwood.

Academy of Country Music Awards 2020: Predictions & Personal Picks ? Country Universe
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I said it because it's true. There are some that hate any song released by some of these women, simply because it competes with Carrie.
    Even if one hates a song does not mean people have to be mean and show hatred to the artist themselves and or name calling.... really, that is quite childish.....

But lets face it, social media is full of hate and down right nastiness.... One big reason why I don't really look at twitter accounts, nor follow and even now Facebook. Completely turns me off to see hateful things about anyone, whether it be artists or presidents (past or present)...

All of these singers have had some great music, great written songs , but not all to my liking but there is no reason to hate them for a song that is not your cup of tea... And most I cant say I am a huge fan of but have enjoyed some of their songs.....
    adam1995 and teesharky like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I think-ish that the last time Taylor Swift presented Entertainer Carrie lost to Garth? Am i right or wrong.

Concert Stars
    Re who is presenting the award, have they even announced any presenters this year? I think they might not have any

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    I think-ish that the last time Taylor Swift presented Entertainer Carrie lost to Garth? Am i right or wrong.
    At the CMAs in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    Re who is presenting the award, have they even announced any presenters this year? I think they might not have any
    Yes, Lauren Alaina, Cam, Darius Rucker, Runaway June and Bobby Bones are some of the presenters.

I would like Pink to present EOTY if Carrie wins! Seems like the biggest star this year.
    CU4ever and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ lord please no. A country artist should announce the eoty.

agree. Oddly people seem to say that at every award show But it never happens as Carrie never wins anyway. Lol. In the unlikely event she wins- it should be someone meaningful presenting it to Carrie. Ie- like Reese Witherspoon was set up to present EOTY at CMAs last year only fir Garth Vader to steal it.
    CU4ever likes this.

•  
    Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast