• 3 Post By MSCarriefan
  • 3 Post By Farawayhills
  • 1 Post By teesharky
  • 1 Post By carriethequeen

Thread: 7 Artists Who Should Get Their Own Las Vegas Residencies

Concert Stars

7 Artists Who Should Get Their Own Las Vegas Residencies

https://soundigest.com/2019/02/08/7-...s-residencies/

Las Vegas concert residencies have a rich history dating back to the glorified golden days of artists like Liberace, Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra. Everyone is familiar with the residency heavy-hitters (Elton John, Celine Dion, Cher, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, etc.) These shows are as much of a Las Vegas staple as gambling. As entertaining as they are, residencies on the Strip were once notoriously viewed as a last resort for performers when their careers were headed downhill.
    In a fascinating twist of fate, a newer generation of A-list pop stars have decided to dismantle that stereotype and completely redefine the Las Vegas residency. It’s easily the most intriguing topic in the live music industry as of right now; articles and think pieces are being posted weekly all across the board. It’s safe to say that the era of ambitious chart-topping “newbies” kicked off with Lady Gaga’s unexpected announcement in December 2017. The “Million Reasons” singer plays a balancing act with two completely different shows: an extravagant Jazz and Piano Engagement and her tongue-in-cheek pop spectacle Enigma. Since then, current hit makers Cardi B, Drake and Bruno Mars have all hopped on board for upcoming residencies.
    Since Nevada is slowly becoming the newfound focal point for our faves, here’s a list of seven top-tier musicians and bands that would most certainly hold their own on the Strip, listed in alphabetical order.

1) Adele
    2)

Carrie Underwood

As diverse as the Vegas Strip has become, a long-term gig by country music darling Carrie Underwood would still be considered an anomaly since her genre is understated in Sin City. The American Idol alum boasts an impressive discography and a devoted fan base, but let’s stop beating around the bush… we would all fly to Vegas and pay full admission just to belt “Before He Cheats” in a venue with thousands of other people.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I hope she doesn't anytime soon.I want her to keep touring and coming near me instead of having to take a trip to Vegas. #Imselfish
    ethelu, oldyfan, txacar and 3 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie performing in Vegas is about the only thing that would persuade me to go there. Especially since I won't fly and would have to drive, lol. Maybe she can do that when she and I are both "retired" and I have time to drive out west!
    lolita55 likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I could see her doing one in like 10 or 12 years, but definitely not now.
    ethelu and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    No thank you. Every has been is performing in Vegas it seems nowdays. It had more meaning back when it was just a handful of stars. Besides she is still top of her game.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    VERY UNLIKELY!!! Carrie and Mike are DEVOTED Christians - a classic example of "Seek the Lord first and everything will be given to you." They will stay in the BIBLE BELT, which is Nashville. Once in a while for Award Show Performance and Live Tour Performance is acceptable.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ being a Christian has zero to do with playing Vegas. No one gets to decide what is acceptable for Carrie but Carrie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I doubt she does it anytime soon if she ever does because they have worked so hard making Nashville home plus Carrie likes to visit new places when she tours so I doubt she would play in one place other than maybe the Ryman.
    rainbow1, txacar and Suellen like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie has her own residency someday. I’d definitely travel to see her. :-)

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I agree with Maddkat on both counts - of course, it's up to her, and she would do whatever she sees as best - but, also, I hope she continues to prioritize touring. Touring enables her to come closer to many fans, in many parts of the country (and, increasingly, the world). She can interact with fans in ways that might not be easy to include in a Vegas residency. And for many, there is the question of cost and opportunity. Also, for what it's worth (and it is worth something to me) Country is a genre that has always kept touring, in venues of varying size, close to its heart and ethos.

(On a side note, this discussion reminded me of the verse Gram Parsons put in "Return of the Grievous Angel", referring to Elvis:

"The news I could bring, I met up with the king
    On his head an amphetamine crown
    He talked about unbuckling that old bible belt
    And lighted out for some desert town")

Momin, Suellen and txacar like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I would love to see her do it, i definitely could envision her doing something like Brooks and Dunn have been doing. In fact, i think the Colosseum at Ceasar's would the perfect spot for her!

With that said, i would want it to happen after everything has slowed down for her to where she doesn't tour or put out albums on a regular basis any longer. And since i want her to be able to keep doing that for the forseeable future, i hope a future vegas residency is like 15-20 years down the road lol

Concert Stars
    Someday this would work but not yet. Her kids need to go to school in Nashville. I think that’s the lifestyle they want for them- especially with the new house and animals etc. Vegas is great but I wouldn’t want to raise kids there in the city proper- maybe the suburbs though? I am sure they are nice. I just think this is something you do later in your career normally like JLo or Celine etc.
    txacar likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I seem to be in the minority here but I'm totally on board with a Vegas residency... even as soon as next year! And I could actually see Carrie doing one because Vegas is easy for artists- you don't have to be constantly traveling, it's good money, and Vegas has lost its reputation for being just for washed-up artists (Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars are some of the biggest current pop stars). We all know Carrie won't be touring next year regardless, so doing a 15-20 date residency would be awesome I think and wouldn't be in place of a tour. Vegas is also friendly for an artist with kids. You fly out, do 5 shows maybe in a week, then come home for a month. Then go do another week of shows, then come home for a few months. This is what Lady Antebellum did and they all have little ones! I just think it would be something new and fun for Carrie to do in-between albums, because let's face it, we're still probably two years away from a new album *cries*
    hjj likes this.

Concert Stars
    I hope any spare time between albums will be dedicated to her family, festivals, etc., and writing for the next album/tour. She can do Vegas when she's past her prime.

•