• 4 Post By maddkat
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 2 Post By maddkat
  • 1 Post By MSCarriefan

Thread: 7 Artists Who Should Get Their Own Las Vegas Residencies

Concert Stars

7 Artists Who Should Get Their Own Las Vegas Residencies

https://soundigest.com/2019/02/08/7-...s-residencies/

Las Vegas concert residencies have a rich history dating back to the glorified golden days of artists like Liberace, Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra. Everyone is familiar with the residency heavy-hitters (Elton John, Celine Dion, Cher, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, etc.) These shows are as much of a Las Vegas staple as gambling. As entertaining as they are, residencies on the Strip were once notoriously viewed as a last resort for performers when their careers were headed downhill.
    In a fascinating twist of fate, a newer generation of A-list pop stars have decided to dismantle that stereotype and completely redefine the Las Vegas residency. It’s easily the most intriguing topic in the live music industry as of right now; articles and think pieces are being posted weekly all across the board. It’s safe to say that the era of ambitious chart-topping “newbies” kicked off with Lady Gaga’s unexpected announcement in December 2017. The “Million Reasons” singer plays a balancing act with two completely different shows: an extravagant Jazz and Piano Engagement and her tongue-in-cheek pop spectacle Enigma. Since then, current hit makers Cardi B, Drake and Bruno Mars have all hopped on board for upcoming residencies.
    Since Nevada is slowly becoming the newfound focal point for our faves, here’s a list of seven top-tier musicians and bands that would most certainly hold their own on the Strip, listed in alphabetical order.

1) Adele
    2)

Carrie Underwood

As diverse as the Vegas Strip has become, a long-term gig by country music darling Carrie Underwood would still be considered an anomaly since her genre is understated in Sin City. The American Idol alum boasts an impressive discography and a devoted fan base, but let’s stop beating around the bush… we would all fly to Vegas and pay full admission just to belt “Before He Cheats” in a venue with thousands of other people.
    txacar, oldyfan, mbh and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I hope she doesn't anytime soon.I want her to keep touring and coming near me instead of having to take a trip to Vegas. #Imselfish
    oldyfan, txacar, lizcarlo and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie performing in Vegas is about the only thing that would persuade me to go there. Especially since I won't fly and would have to drive, lol. Maybe she can do that when she and I are both "retired" and I have time to drive out west!
    lolita55 likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I could see her doing one in like 10 or 12 years, but definitely not now.

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    No thank you. Every has been is performing in Vegas it seems nowdays. It had more meaning back when it was just a handful of stars. Besides she is still top of her game.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    VERY UNLIKELY!!! Carrie and Mike are DEVOTED Christians - a classic example of "Seek the Lord first and everything will be given to you." They will stay in the BIBLE BELT, which is Nashville. Once in a while for Award Show Performance and Live Tour Performance is acceptable.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ being a Christian has zero to do with playing Vegas. No one gets to decide what is acceptable for Carrie but Carrie.
    adam1995 and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I doubt she does it anytime soon if she ever does because they have worked so hard making Nashville home plus Carrie likes to visit new places when she tours so I doubt she would play in one place other than maybe the Ryman.
    rainbow1 likes this.

•