Page 1 of 116 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree6668Likes

Thread: The 53rd CMA Awards

Insane Carrie Fan

The 53rd CMA Awards

I figure I make a thread of this (If it was posted please move it to its proper place)

CMA Opens 2019 Broadcast Awards Submission Period

May 15, 2019 at 2:47 PM (PT)

The COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CMA) has announced that its radio members can now submit online applications for the “2019 CMA BROADCAST AWARDS” in the categories of Broadcast Personality, Station and National Broadcast Personality Of The Year. Submissions can be made here through SUNDAY, JUNE 30th at 5p (CT).The eligibility period for submissions is FRIDAY, JUNE 1st, 2018 and FRIDAY, MAY 31st, 2019. CMA’s panel of judges, comprised of radio and industry professionals, will then view and evaluate each online entry. Winners will be notified in early OCTOBER and recognized at "The 53rd ANNUAL CMA AWARDS," to be held in NASHVILLE in NOVEMBER.In the CMA's artist categories. the three ballot rounds will be sent to CMA voting members on MONDAY, JULY 8th (closing on WEDNESDAY, JULY 17th); MONDAY, AUGUST 12th (closing on TUESDAY, AUGUST 20th); and TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1st (closing THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24th). For more information on entries, contact CMA Sr. Dir./Awards & Industry Relations BRANDI SIMMS here.

Wondering what Carrie is going to get and Is she and Brad going to co-hosted it.

*Female Vocalist Of The year
    *Album Of the Year
    *Entertainer Of the Year

What do you think she's going to be nominee in?

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/186442/cma-opens-2019-broadcast-awards-submission-period?ref=mail_country_daily
    Last edited by Countryfan2448; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:59 PM.

Female Vocalist and Entertainer! And she will win both!

Insane Carrie Fan
    I'm just hoping for Entertainer, Female would be a bonus.

Concert Stars
    They just announced Thomas and Kelsea are back to host CMA fest. Did anyone see about CMAs?

Insane Carrie Fan
    I think/hope she get nominees in

Female (that's going to be a given)
    Ablum
    Music Video (Love Wins or Southbound - (but it may have not made the deadline for this year's show)
    Entertainer (she has to be nominated and win cause she should had won it in 2016)
    Single
    Song (these two i don't know)
    oldyfan likes this.

Music Video, Single and Song are three categories that she probably will not be nominated for. LW and SoBo are both songs that have not done exceptionally well on the charts, don't have masterpiece music videos (unless they vote for LW's inclusivity angle) and also are not outstanding songs lyrically. That is not to say they don't hold their own place in Carrie's catalogue or amongst what is being played on radio. But looking at them from that perspective, I don't think they will receive nominations in these categories.

FVOTY, AOTY and EOTY are still categories that she is likely to be nominated for, if not win.

I'm just wondering what other albums can be nominated this year. Here's a list that might make it:

1. Maren Morris - GIRL (this definitely made a statement this year and it has been highly successful in terms of popularity. Her tour has done really well, the crowds have sung every words to every song and she has received glowing reviews)
    2. George Strait - Honky Tonk Time Machine (this has also received very good reviews and might be considered a bit of a comeback)
    3. Reba McEntire - Stronger Than The Truth (you never know, the CMAs might appreciate it's traditional approach and give her some votes)
    4. Eric Church - Desperate Man
    5. Kane Brown - Experiment

I would love for the Pistol Annies to get some recognition but that's highly unlikely.
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie's back!!!

hear her talk about CMA meetings and the tour here - https://soundcloud.com/user-26351750...harris-6-20-19

Concert Stars
    Yay! We needed good news today after the rubbishy lawsuit.

Concert Stars
    Ps she intrigued me with her summer plans. Video shoot, photo shoots etc - but it sounded like maybe something else too?

i wonder when they will tour Australia? Maybe after the CMAs?
    txacar, Smokyiiis, mbh and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    My guess is after the CMAs when Australia is in their summery season.
    mbh, oldyfan, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Ps she intrigued me with her summer plans. Video shoot, photo shoots etc - but it sounded like maybe something else too?

i wonder when they will tour Australia? Maybe after the CMAs?
    The video stuff, I'd imagine is the SNF opening.
    txacar, Hil, DizzyDollyDee and 6 others like this.

Wait so did she confirm she was hosting? She talked about maybe some "extra curricular" CMA stuff but did mention hosting did she?
    MSCarriefan and oldyfan like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Carrie's back!!!

hear her talk about CMA meetings and the tour here - https://soundcloud.com/user-26351750...harris-6-20-19
    As a side note to the above, I'd just like to add that the Bob Harris Country Show is currently being curated by another broadcaster, whose voice you hear at the start of that clip.

Bob (who is a previous CMA International award winner) recently suffered a serious heart issue, which required emergency treatment. He is recovering, but will need several weeks of recuperation, away from the show. As Bob has followed Carrie's career supportively for a number of years, and overall has played a very significant part in promoting Country Music to the wider Radio 2 audience over here (not least in the part he played in reviving a major Country Festival, after an absence of many years, for Mainstream audiences) - I'm sure fans would like to wish him a full and speedy recovery and return to broadcasting.
    ethelu, Smokyiiis, hjj and 5 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Further to that, I've since seen a tweet from Bob Harris:

"Thank you with all my heart to everyone who has been in touch with me since I suffered my aortic dissection exactly three weeks ago today. This is a very tough place to be but I am making good progress day by day"

To many who follow music in the UK (and to the friends he's made in Nashville and beyond), Bob is a 'national treasure', so I'm pleased to hear he's making progress after his surgery, and is well enough to post again. He's met Carrie on a number of occasions, and I'm sure he will be following the progress of her UK tour from his home.
    txacar, ethelu, mbh and 3 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    As a side note to the above, I'd just like to add that the Bob Harris Country Show is currently being curated by another broadcaster, whose voice you hear at the start of that clip.

Bob (who is a previous CMA International award winner) recently suffered a serious heart issue, which required emergency treatment. He is recovering, but will need several weeks of recuperation, away from the show. As Bob has followed Carrie's career supportively for a number of years, and overall has played a very significant part in promoting Country Music to the wider Radio 2 audience over here (not least in the part he played in reviving a major Country Festival, after an absence of many years, for Mainstream audiences) - I'm sure fans would like to wish him a full and speedy recovery and return to broadcasting.
    I was in your beautiful Country 3 weeks ago. The Countryside is just lovely.
    mbh, rainbow1 and Farawayhills like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    When do we start our petition for Entertainer or the Year?! lol anyone know if Livesong (I think that was his username on here) is going to make one of those awesome For Your Consideration videos? Maybe I’ll ask him on Facebook later!
    Smokyiiis, mbh, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Dont know him on Facebook but he always did some WONDERFUL videos!

New Carrie Fan
    Hosting confirmation should come out soon?

Carrie kinda dodged around the word “hosting”. She said “Wether it’s a performance or CMA extracurricular things”. Kinda made it seem as if she isn’t sure about hosting again. Or maybe she is not allowed to reveal anything yet.
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by imsolow View Post
    Hosting confirmation should come out soon?

Carrie kinda dodged around the word “hosting”. She said “Wether it’s a performance or CMA extracurricular things”. Kinda made it seem as if she isn’t sure about hosting again. Or maybe she is not allowed to reveal anything yet.
    They usually keep it quiet until week of CMA Fest broadcast in August. We should hear confirmation in a couple of weeks.
    oldyfan likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    CMA's ain't CMA without Brad and Carrie hosting it.
    oldyfan, teesharky and Suellen like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 116 1231151101 ... LastLast