Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2317
Like Tree6668Likes

Thread: The 53rd CMA Awards

Insane Carrie Fan
    https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...dustry-figures

Ann won the Chairman's Award from the CMA.
    Hil, Farawayhills, txacar and 8 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    I think there's a somewhat belated attempt at damage limitation going on there. But it still strikes me as rather awkward. He says she justly deserved the award "as well as the others" - but doesn't give reasons why. It's good that he acknowledges that it was "beautiful" that she came from backstage to stand with the others, and he had a brief chance to speak to her. But he doesn't give either an apology, or a convincing reason, for not mentioning her publicly (beyond the stock claim that he wasn't expecting it and hadn't worked out what to say) - but then he simply repeats the praise he gave to the other artists (which was one of the main things many found disappointing in his original speech).

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I think there's a somewhat belated attempt at damage limitation going on there. But it still strikes me as rather awkward. He says she justly deserved the award "as well as the others" - but doesn't give reasons why. It's good that he acknowledges that it was "beautiful" that she came from backstage to stand with the others, and he had a brief chance to speak to her. But he doesn't give either an apology, or a convincing reason, for not mentioning her publicly (beyond the stock claim that he wasn't expecting it and hadn't worked out what to say) - but then he simply repeats the praise he gave to the other artists (which was one of the main things many found disappointing in his original speech).
    I mean gross. Then he just goes on to say another man is going to win EOTY EIGHT TIMES. WHAT?! When will any woman win if someone is going to win eight times?! I really can't stand Garth Brooks at all anymore. He's such an egotistical narcissist.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Garthís in damage control mode but at the end of the day heís not the problem. The problem is systemic. Itís a system that sees nothing wrong with the format being 90% male. The same people who will admit to a gender based quota then claim Ďbest song winsí with a straight face are the voters for the awards.
    Hil, oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    I love that Eric doesnít care if he offends anyone.
    me too. Itís what I like most about him. Lol
    lolita55 likes this.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Garthís in damage control mode but at the end of the day heís not the problem. The problem is systemic. Itís a system that sees nothing wrong with the format being 90% male. The same people who will admit to a gender based quota then claim Ďbest song winsí with a straight face are the voters for the awards.
    I agree with you 100%. My problem with Garth, along with the obvious, is having won the award 6x before he campaigned for votes knowing he didn't deserve to win just to boost his ego. He's not taking country forward in any way. When it comes to your legacy and how you want to be remembered, this is how he wants to be remembered? Because people are going to remember how arrogant he appeared when he won. It was so bad everyone went into damage control mode (radio, media outlets etc.) it was a bad look.

Insane Carrie Fan
    It was betweeen Carrie and Eric to win Entertainer like it going to be at the ACM's (Maybe)

Concert Stars
    https://www.inquisitr.com/5754083/ga...Gv26ES4UyaSpCs

So apparently Garth thought Carrie was going to win and that she deserved it.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    https://www.inquisitr.com/5754083/ga...Gv26ES4UyaSpCs

So apparently Garth thought Carrie was going to win and that she deserved it.
    Easy for him to say after the backlash, lol.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    He is part of the problem though, if the rumors of him heavily campaigning for the award are true.
    Hil, ethelu, oldyfan and 3 others like this.

If you watch the Extra interview video he says it in such a dbag way that it's like ya I thought she'd win cuz it was honoring women that night and that "she'll be ok". Like lol ok but you wouldn't be ok if you didnt win a 7th time?
    adam1995, Hil, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymiee View Post
    If you watch the Extra interview video he says it in such a dbag way that it's like ya I thought she'd win cuz it was honoring women that night and that "she'll be ok". Like lol ok but you wouldn't be ok if you didnt win a 7th time?
    isn't it a subtle dig saying she'd win BECAUSE it was a "woman's night". Carrie deserved it not because it's some woman's night but because she earned it.
    Hil, hjj, DizzyDollyDee and 8 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Wasn't sure where to put this put I actually cried I was laughing so hard.
    Dolly Parton on the Jimmy Fallon show.....

explaining how she got her assets.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
    hjj, Suellen, liz278 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    This vocal coach loves Carrie.

Hil, Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

Hil
    ^^^ that lady and I need to have a long conversation about what happened to Martina's voice. I can tell she knows when she starts singing. Glad to know Carrie has good singing habits. also, she might love Carrie as much as we do lol
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^she's semi delusional about how country treats older women, at least country radio

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    I'm rewatching Carrie's DA performance

I thought of something

I wondering if the voters are kicking themselves for not vote Carrie Underwood to win this year's highest honor?
    They have never kicked themselves before evidently, or they would have voted for her. She constantly steals the show with every performance she does at award shows.
    gwade82 and Hil like this.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    How come in 2016 and this year when Garth won EOTY he wasn't nominated for anything else like Male vocalist,album song etc...not saying you have to be nominated for other awards to be EOTY....but if hes made such an impact as the voters think why isnt he getting any other nominations?

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^she's semi delusional about how country treats older women, at least country radio
    Agreed. The fact she said country is has such a comradely feel shows she way off base if sheís including women in that statement.

Concert Stars
    Carrie will be played on country radio into her forties. That doesnít happen in pop. In that regard, she is correct. Also, based on her comments, itís not like she listens to country radio and would know whatís going on. Sheís is going off of the show honoring female legends and not forgetting them like pop does. Plus, from what Iíve heard from every person ever, Nashville, the country community, is more like a family than Hollywood.
    Hil likes this.

•