Page 108 of 116 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2317
Like Tree6668Likes

Thread: The 53rd CMA Awards

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieidol1 View Post
    You canít blame Trisha for supporting and rooting for Garth, thatís her husband, her world, I wouldnít ever expect her to vote for anyone else if heís nominated. If my mom or future spouse was nominated for an award, no matter how deserving, theyíll always have my vote. Thatís just family code, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That has nothing to do with the clip where she said voting for Carrie would depend on who she was up against. Trisha being hateful. Something happened...or didnít, that makes the ladies so jelly.

Trisha has a beautiful voice, but Carrie out sings her and everyone else in Country music. She takes risks that none of the other ladies have taken, and sheís beautiful to top it off. She doesnít need Nashville, but, Nashville needs her.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    One more post off the CMA topic ( and no CMA talk does not include women of country hating Carrie posts) and the threads closed
    Oops sorry! I had already responded.

Concert Stars
    I wonder if the reason Carrie didn’t win Female is because so many thought she would win Entertainer. Since so many times an artist doesn’t win both awards, people might have changed their vote to Kacey to “spread the wealth.”
    glenn7, Farawayhills, hjj and 8 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan countrymama22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I wonder if the reason Carrie didnít win Female is because so many thought she would win Entertainer. Since so many times an artist doesnít win both awards, people might have changed their vote to Kacey to ďspread the wealth.Ē
    It wouldnít surprise me. Itís rare to see an artist win female and entertainer, or male and entertainer.
    oldyfan and Hil like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan countrymama22's Avatar
    Ty Herndon called Carrie one of his musical heroes today. So sweet.

Concert Stars
    Guys, I’ve started a new thread where we can discuss about these female artists who have shown their true colors. Please let’s take the discussion there.
    http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...very-nice.html (Not Very Nice)

Thank you
    teesharky and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymama22 View Post
    Ty Herndon called Carrie one of his musical heroes today. So sweet.
    he's so sweet

Insane Carrie Fan
    CMA's 2019 is in the books (sad)

To look forward too (Happy)

AMA's (Maybe)

CRS
    Stagecoach
    Fitness Book
    New single from Cry Pretty before going on to make the next one (or the songs she has done will be 2.0).

American Country Music Chatter
    @ACMC_Country

10s

What a great photo!
    @carrieunderwood

@DollyParton
    #CarrieUnderwood
    Last edited by Countryfan2448; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:09 PM.

Junior Carrie Follower gagacasanova's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Her losing truly let the misogyny in country music shine (as if it already hasn't). It's honestly a shame to see all her hard work slip to an award to someone who really doesn't deserve it, but really only got it because of his status in the industry. I guess playing 10 shows in the eligibility period qualifies for the award. But, honestly, seeing all the positive media attention for her and everyone going against Garth really is a payoff. A lot of people are backing her and it's nice to see that. I'm not a mind reader but I'm certain that it broke her to see her lose such a prestigious award to an egotistical, manufactured artist. I honestly wanted to give her the biggest hug in the world.

Concert Stars
    Does anyone else think that Trisha is shading Carrie/Carrie fans in this tweet? If not I don't know, this just seems too in your face, bragging, or something like that to me.

"This is what the 7x CMA Entertainer of the Year does on a Saturday night! Just watching my husband and 84,000+ of his friends in Neyland Stadium. nbd #EOTY#lucky7@garthbrooks
    @CountryMusic
    #Knoxville"

**(this is not attacking Trisha, her music, or her fans)
    teesharky, txacar, oldyfan and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    Does anyone else think that Trisha is shading Carrie/Carrie fans in this tweet? If not I don't know, this just seems too in your face, bragging, or something like that to me.

"This is what the 7x CMA Entertainer of the Year does on a Saturday night! Just watching my husband and 84,000+ of his friends in Neyland Stadium. nbd #EOTY#lucky7@garthbrooks
    @CountryMusic
    #Knoxville"

**(this is not attacking Trisha, her music, or her fans)
    seems like it. She is trying to justify his win. 5 shows and he won. 5 shows
    CU4ever and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Yes I thought that tweet was a pushback from
    trisha to Carrie and her fans. Too bad this show came after the CMA eligibility period Trisha. You would think she would know the CMA rules by now.
    CU4ever, oldyfan and glenn7 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    ​Did anyone see Mama Underwood in the audience? I saw the Fishers but didn't notice Carole.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Although I agree with the main point, that Garth hasn't done enough, in either performance dates, or new releases, to really compare with the contemporary artists nominated for EOTY - the eligibility period actually can't be used in this context. The eligibility period only applies to the "musical product" awards (album, single, song and video). It doesn't apply to the personal awards - so it's technically within the rules to vote for a legacy artist's achievements over a longer period (even if galling for the artists with a more active current volume of work, and for their fans)
    CU4ever likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Yes I thought that tweet was a pushback from
    trisha to Carrie and her fans. Too bad this show came after the CMA eligibility period Trisha. You would think she would know the CMA rules by now.
    Ahh, but T, they're already gunning for next year!!! He's gotta get his cash ready for the payola for next year's award!!!
    CU4ever and jimshoe like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Although I agree with the main point, that Garth hasn't done enough, in either performance dates, or new releases, to really compare with the contemporary artists nominated for EOTY - the eligibility period actually can't be used in this context. The eligibility period only applies to the "musical product" awards (album, single, song and video). It doesn't apply to the personal awards - so it's technically within the rules to vote for a legacy artist's achievements over a longer period (even if galling for the artists with a more active current volume of work, and for their fans)
    Well, I guarantee this notion goes against everything I think everyone thinks how it works. Artists and fans alike. I've never gotten this thought when reading the criteria or guidelines. I'm pretty sure that's sorta why Carrie structured her tour dates the way she did. And for years the talk has always been about the eligibility period.

If this is how its supposed to work for the personal awards, than Carrie should've won every single year for FVOTY because in her short 15 year career she's run circles around every other female artist.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I think Carrie just needs to do a stadium tour. I’d rather her do less tour dates so more people would be willing to see her. Sell the tickets at a low price and I think she would be selling them out too. Although the Esquire article made a great point about “stadium country.” It should never depend on that, but I feel like it’s the only thing left for her to do. It’s a shame tho. Every super successful female county artist reached that status by crossing over into pop and remixing their songs. It’s a shame that the men don’t need to do any of that.
    CU4ever and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy16 View Post
    I think Carrie just needs to do a stadium tour. Iíd rather her do less tour dates so more people would be willing to see her. Sell the tickets at a low price and I think she would be selling them out too. Although the Esquire article made a great point about ďstadium country.Ē It should never depend on that, but I feel like itís the only thing left for her to do. Itís a shame tho. Every super successful female county artist reached that status by crossing over into pop and remixing their songs. Itís a shame that the men donít need to do any of that.
    My Carrie show I went to sold out and it was over 11K people - and there were people sad that the show sold out and they couldn't get tickets! And Carrie's able to sell out MSG- I'm sure she would be able to sell out huge stadiums. Maybe this is what she needs to get awards - this or crossover work

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Ahh, but T, they're already gunning for next year!!! He's gotta get his cash ready for the payola for next year's award!!!
    Just like Carrie donates a $1 of each ticket to a cause, Garth is as well! $1 of each ticket is going into the Garth EOTY 2020 fund!
    oldyfan and angeliccarrie like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy16 View Post
    I think Carrie just needs to do a stadium tour. Iíd rather her do less tour dates so more people would be willing to see her. Sell the tickets at a low price and I think she would be selling them out too. Although the Esquire article made a great point about ďstadium country.Ē It should never depend on that, but I feel like itís the only thing left for her to do. Itís a shame tho. Every super successful female county artist reached that status by crossing over into pop and remixing their songs. Itís a shame that the men donít need to do any of that.
    Do you really think she would sell out a stadium? She blocks off large sections of most arenas. Have any other women (any genre) filled a stadium other than Taylor?

Selfishly, I hope she continues her arena tours so people in smaller markets can see her (as well as huge markets like here [Houston] where she is not a big draw).

•