Page 107 of 116 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2317
Like Tree6668Likes

Thread: The 53rd CMA Awards

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Haha and this year Martina had to do background vocals for Carrie in Independence Day! Lol

I always thought that Martina had a problem with Carrie and for some reason Carrie mentioned Martina as her favorite singer in Idol but now she always mention Dolly or Reba.
    She never mentioned Martina again once she officially became a part of the industry. That's another giant clue right there.
    HuiZ, rainbow1, Hil and 2 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    On the CMAs generally, a couple of the awards that really pleased me this year were Ashley McBryde winning New Artist, and Jenée Fleenor winning musician.

In Ashley McBryde's case, she may be unlikely to become a radio favourite, but her work is stylistically a strong antidote to some the recent trends followed by many of the male chart artists.

In the musician category, it's been well underlined that this was not only the first female win, but even also the first female nomination! What may be less obvious is that the same artist has hitherto won this award for as many years as Carrie has been hosting (he called her his good luck charm - but since he didn't win this year, it may really have been Brad that brought him the luck, lol). Also Jenée is a fiddler - so that seems another welcome shift away from the longstanding guitar monopoly
    rainbow1, oldyfan and ethelu like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    I went back and listened to Bobby Bones defending Garth. He had some valid points. Obviously there is no place for personal attacks or disrespect to Garth but pointing out facts to back up the argument that Carrie deserved it more are neither. What I found most frustrating is his argument that the voters voted to give it to a Garth so that means he deserved it is bunk. The voters are the same good old boy misogynists that see nothing wrong with the format being 90% male. They also have a history of being lazy and putting little thought and no research into their choices. There’s no doubt vote splitting also played a part in it.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Runaway June
    @runawayjune
    ·
    1h

Still cannot believe this happened!!! Thank you
    @littlebigtown
    for sharing your stage with all of us. What an honor it was to be up there with our friends and heroes. A
    @CountryMusic
    night we will never forget!

This is about the CMA's (Like my post about Brad) that two was about the CMA's.

Concert Stars
    I totally forgot about the WME factor here. Clearly they pushed hard for Garth Vader to preserve the Empire at all costs. They are a big reason miranda won so much.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I don't think the possibility of Trisha or Martina disliking Carrie (if that's even true) is the reason is lost EOTY. She lost due to some lazy and probably some sexist voters. Martina isn't pulling any strings behind the scenes, she's not even getting nominations anymore.
    true. I think ignorance played a role too. Most of the Garth stabs tweeting and commenting have no clue about the CMA rules or what it means to have an eligibility period. They don’t care about stats and treat this like a lifetime achievement award.
    they argue that Garth is a legend or he yours stadiums etc but fail to look at when that occurred.

Then add the WME factor avd Garth will win forever like Miranda did.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    We're simply connecting the dots .. doing our "homework," if you will. The discussion is still specifically based upon the outcome of this trash show, we're just taking it a step further and exploring the full anatomy of the obvious bias that country music has against Carrie.
    Both Trisha and Martina were at the CMAs. I think the discussion is healthy. Carrie fans were dealt a major blow and this helps put things in perspective.
    MelissaD, rainbow1, Hil and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^^Welp, this discussion prolonging the stress is definitely not healthy for me. CMA 2019 is now a sad image in my rear view mirror. Better days are coming. See you on another thread.
    oldyfan and brenda218 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    CMA's are over and the outcome isn't what we all except but we just have go forward cause we can't live on the past we need to work on future.
    oldyfan likes this.

I know Carrie has gotten unfairly judged by some in the industry. Hate it that she was/is so heartbroken. I also like seeing so many people rally around Carrie and giving her so much support. She may have some people who don't want her to win but from all the support from the artists to writers (I mean who write for stuff like taste if country ect..) its obvious she does have support. I think from so many people negative reactions (I mean reactions like Keith facial expression, Dolly and Reba reaction, Miranda setting down to the supportive tweets ect..) that so many wanted Carrie to win. Its looking so bad that Garth got it so its not respectable win.

Insane Carrie Fan
    there's no reason to look into Garth's comments. of course he'll compliment random people that aren't actual contenders for EOTY. lol

Junior Carrie Follower
    Yeah the fact that it’s still being talked about days later alone shows how big of a moment this really was. Not even for us fans
    Hil, oldyfan and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    My heart totally broke for Carrie. I marvel at her class and graciousness through moments like this. That's one of her most admirable traits as a person, and why will always support her. I think Keith's face said it all (though I did yell at my TV).
    rainbow1, Hil, oldyfan and 2 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I went back and listened to Bobby Bones defending Garth. He had some valid points. Obviously there is no place for personal attacks or disrespect to Garth but pointing out facts to back up the argument that Carrie deserved it more are neither. What I found most frustrating is his argument that the voters voted to give it to a Garth so that means he deserved it is bunk. The voters are the same good old boy misogynists that see nothing wrong with the format being 90% male. They also have a history of being lazy and putting little thought and no research into their choices. There’s no doubt vote splitting also played a part in it.
    He does make some valid points - and I don't want to disrespect Garth personally. He's had a great career - even if he's not my cup of tea. But the point is, he won on a name and a legacy, far more than he won on current work. Carrie is constantly pushing forward, as stylistic innovator, song interpreter, songwriter, instrumentalist, and now producer. "Cry Pretty" showed that she doesn't shirk exposing feelings or her vulnerability, nor showing empathy for issues that affect the world around her. That album showed a willingness to re-invent herself, in a way I've yet to see in his current work.

His latest song strikes me as too close to a bombastic attempt to pump genre clichés. Small venues are an important part of this genre's penetration - but I don't see him playing dive bars. He says he'll "Hank" it - but I don't think Hank did it that way. Carrie showed real respect for Hank's style and lyrics in "Low", and Hank's grand-daughter sang with her on "Ghosts". Garth just got Blake - end of story for me!
    rainbow1, Hil, oldyfan and 5 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    On the CMAs generally, a couple of the awards that really pleased me this year were Ashley McBryde winning New Artist, and Jenée Fleenor winning musician.

In Ashley McBryde's case, she may be unlikely to become a radio favourite, but her work is stylistically a strong antidote to some the recent trends followed by many of the male chart artists.

In the musician category, it's been well underlined that this was not only the first female win, but even also the first female nomination! What may be less obvious is that the same artist has hitherto won this award for as many years as Carrie has been hosting (he called her his good luck charm - but since he didn't win this year, it may really have been Brad that brought him the luck, lol). Also Jenée is a fiddler - so that seems another welcome shift away from the longstanding guitar monopoly
    I as well was very pleased..... Ashley is one of those that caught my attention with A Little Dive Bar in Dahlonega, her album Girl Going Nowhere I have to say was quite well done...

Not sure how she will do in Country music with that hard look of hers and those IMO way to many tats...... But I do like her voice......
    Farawayhills, Hil and oldyfan like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I think once you won a award you shouldn't be nominated again. talking about Album and Entertainer for next time.
    oldyfan and teesharky like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    Someone on Twitter said it looks like Mike unfollowed Garth on Instagram, but Garth still follows him... so

Concert Stars
    ...and the tweet by the same person, said, Carrie did too. When you try to like it, it says Carrie's is no longer available.
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ then they deleted that tweet. Theres no proof Carrie or Mike were ever following garth. Pure rumors
    oldyfan and DaisyTweets like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•