Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: When did you first become a fan?

When did you first become a fan?

When did you first become a fan of hers?

I had heard about Carrie winning AI in 2005, but it wasn't until the fall of that year, when I was listening to 99.5 the Wolf in Dallas, Texas one day and the DJ says, "Been getting a lot of requests for this one, here's Carrie Underwood and "Jesus, Take the Wheel." I listened to it, and I thought she had a beautiful voice. I liked the song too, because we have all had times when we need some help from above. So, that's how I became a fan.
    mbh, lizcarlo, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Been a huge fan since her American Idol audition. She was the 1st contestant I called in and voted for every week. I was sort of obsessed haha. Then after winning she has been my all time favorite artist for the past 14(?) Years and never once have I been sick of her or thought she had a bad song/album.

Also pretty embarrassing.... when she was on idol I played the sims 2 a lot and made the top 8 contestants and would kill them off as they got eliminated from idol....Carrie is the only one left! Haha yikes

Quote Originally Posted by jaymiee View Post
    Been a huge fan since her American Idol audition. She was the 1st contestant I called in and voted for every week. I was sort of obsessed haha. Then after winning she has been my all time favorite artist for the past 14(?) Years and never once have I been sick of her or thought she had a bad song/album.

Also pretty embarrassing.... when she was on idol I played the sims 2 a lot and made the top 8 contestants and would kill them off as they got eliminated from idol....Carrie is the only one left! Haha yikes
    :dead: I bet your favorite song is Two Black Cadillacs... lol
    Farawayhills, jaymiee and lizcarlo like this.

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Since her AI audition! I called her winning the shoe based on it, which only made me like her more when she WON... in case you didn’t know, she WON lol. Yeah, for the past 14 years.
    lizcarlo, glenn7 and Farawayhills like this.

Concert Stars
    From her audition!! That voice !!! The song she chose.......and she is from Oklahoma!!!!
    mbh, lizcarlo, glenn7 and 1 others like this.

I was in car with dad skimming through radio. Heard Just A Dream on radio and asked dad if I can listen to the song. He let me. Loved the song and her voice so much. Her voice was so emotional and beautiful that it was just stunning for me. Checked out her other music and bought her cds. I have been fan since then.

What's funny is I was visiting Grandma when Carrie won AI. It was fate I guess :-)
    Farawayhills and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Been a fan since Idol.

Junior Carrie Follower AngeloUnderwood's Avatar
    I live in Italy and in 2005 I was 12, so I've never heard about her growing up. I found her out in 2010 when I discovered country music through Taylor Swift, and became a fan in late 2011.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I became a fan after her idol audition. Is was not only her voice but the camera loved her as much as it did Elvis Presley. Then the more I watched and listened the bigger fan I became. That continues to this day.
    lizcarlo, rainbow1, ethelu and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Became a fan from her idol audition! My mom called me into the room because she said there’s a girl coming on who sings to her cows. Cows are one of my favorite animals haha! When I heard her sing that first time I became a fan and watch religiously every week! I had a poster in my locker at school I made on the computer saying she will win American idol!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I've told my story before, but suffice it to say my journey to fandom was rather unusual:
    1. I hadn't actually heard Carrie until she recorded an Ashley Monroe song (Flat on the Floor)
    2. I was interested in her because other singers I followed on MySpace were talking about her
    3. The first page I followed was actually her dog's (The Unofficial Ace Underwood Fan Club), which Ashley recommended

Since then, I've explored a lot about what I missed earlier - but that was my start, lol

Insane Carrie Fan
    Sound of Music Live! I had heard of Carrie before, but not being into country music, I didn't pay much attention. I only watched SOML because I hated the grief she was getting about playing Maria, and felt sympathy for her. I really liked the show and how innocent Carrie's Maria was. I started watching videos of Carrie on YouTube, and the rest is history.

Concert Stars
    I picked her at her audition. I knew she had "it".
    rainbow1 and glenn7 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I can't remember if I paid much attention to her audition but I clearly remember Hollywood week. I voted every night for Carrie with my family. My brother and I would keep calling even if we received the busy signal on the landline. It was just something about her and it still is.

I love that I get to say that I have followed Carrie since I was 10 years old when she was on Idol.
    Every album basically represents a milestone in my life from middle school to now
    mbh, gwade82, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Since her first audition.. she had everything..
    1. the voice
    2. the nice factor
    3. the hot factor
    4. the girl next door factor

This was a combination that made her unbeatable.. She's also the only winner I predicted correctly after the original audition... been wrong every season since then but in fairness to me there hasn't been such a clear star since then either.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Since A/I audition.
    rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Concert Stars
    Since her Idol audition. She had it all.
    ethelu, mbh and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Eder Rodrigues's Avatar
    I'm from Brazil, Idol isn't very know around here. It was in 2007 when a friend of mine showed me some videos (So Small, All-American Girl and Ever Ever After). At first, I though she wasn't my type. I was a big fan of Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Beyoncé. Then, she showed me "So Small" on the CMAs and I was very impressed she was actually singing LIVE.

She gave me a brazilian edition of Carnival Ride, her ONLY physical album released in Brazil (2,000 copies only). Since then, I started to follow her, created a fan site that lasted 6 years, and the rest is history.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    When I saw the Before He Cheats music video on Australian TV!
    rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I had never really watched AI in seasons 1-3, remember seeing some clips of Kelly Clarkson from season 1 and thought she was good, but just never really gained much interest in the show in the first 3 seasons. Fast forward to January 2005, i don't know what i was doing, i must have been really bored that night, but for whatever reason i ended up watching AI the night that Carrie happened to audition. talk about luck there! From the moment she auditioned, i was hooked for the rest of that year, I did not miss an episode the rest of that season and for the next couple years of AI too actually. She's the only person on the show i ever actually took time to vote for, and could not wait to see her release music and am so glad she did not give in to releasing a pop album, and am glad she has remained country and that also country embraced her the way they did. And i'm so happy she has had an amazing career up to this point and just hope it can keep going for as long as possible!
    rainbow1, gwade82, mbh and 1 others like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast