Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Like Tree1017Likes

Thread: 2019 CMT Awards

Obsessed Carrie Fan NC State Carrie Fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    He was snubbed long before his experimental album. When he released such a great swong like My Old Man, etc- it deserved recognition as that was clearly a country song. Grammys nominated it, but not the country establishment.

Their recent music is not bad. It just doesn't fit with bro country crap. Their performance last night was excellent.
    They haven’t performed their own single at the ACM’s or CMA’s since I believe 2011. This was long before their experimental album and you are right they are constantly selling out venues.

Did not mean to shift the conversation from Carrie. I just still am not over the massive snubs and same people winning awards at the ACM/CMA Awards. I am glad Carrie chooses to take the high road but I see this as taking up for her as well because she has absolutely not got the recognition over the years she deserves and I think we all know it.

20 CMTs which are fan voted....that says enough right there
    liz278, mbh and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    He was snubbed long before his experimental album. When he released such a great swong like My Old Man, etc- it deserved recognition as that was clearly a country song. Grammys nominated it, but not the country establishment.

Their recent music is not bad. It just doesn't fit with bro country crap. Their performance last night was excellent.
    We'll disagree on the music. He's currently not making country, and I thought the performance was bad. I know, however, I wouldn't want Carrie to lash out like he did. It was childish. At least Carrie has grace, even when she is not rewarded like she should be.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    my pics of the rehearsals of SB, which of course look like the live version,lol, and a few after winning
    https://www.facebook.com/donna.durbi...2391272&type=3

this is her 'you guys' after about our 10th "Carrie" chant, she's just so sweet

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Congrats to Carrie on her wins.. It is so amazing the love and support her fans have showed her through all the years of her totally AWESOME career......

Insane Carrie Fan
    Pyrotek Special Effects
    @pyrotekfx
    ·
    Jun 5

Official Partner of the
    @carrieunderwood
    Sparklers over here
    @bobbybonesshow
    -- at those are called Gerbs. They actually not fireworks at all! #CMTMusicAwards
    mbh, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    my pics of the rehearsals of SB, which of course look like the live version,lol, and a few after winning
    https://www.facebook.com/donna.durbi...2391272&type=3

this is her 'you guys' after about our 10th "Carrie" chant, she's just so sweet
    OMG D! Carrie is so sweet & humble, awesome pics, thanks for sharing!
    maddkat, mbh, rainbow1 and 4 others like this.

I have the CMT performance on repeat currently its so good! I love that she let loose and actually belted a little bit at the end it sounds great! I swear her CMT performances are always the best!! (especially Church Bells I might need to go watch that next)

Insane Carrie Fan
    She should add more high notes at the end of SB.
    mbh likes this.

Concert Stars
    Can we tell yet if the CMT Awards had any impact on sales or streaming for Cry Pretty (album or single), Southbound, or all?
    mbh likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGuy79 View Post
    Can we tell yet if the CMT Awards had any impact on sales or streaming for Cry Pretty (album or single), Southbound, or all?
    Some info here: http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...ml#post4788280 (Cry Pretty Era - Current iTunes/Streaming Positions)
    PRGuy79, mbh and rainbow1 like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    She should add more high notes at the end of SB.
    Hopefully, in the near future. Something like what she did in Before He Cheats. Although Carrie's performance of Southbound at CMT Music Awards is already stunning and she looks stunning, too, I love to see her with her high-energy belting. It is her God given natural ability to sound so much beautiful while belting at heart because it gives her voice that strongest emotions - and it is her full voice that sounds magical. Although emotion depends on the nature of material, she can add more high notes at the end of SB.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar

Insane Carrie Fan
    Carrie Fans
    @Carrie_Fansite
    ·
    21h

#runawayjune #lindsayell #carrieunderwood #girlpower #CMTAwards

Insane Carrie Fan
    nashvilletn13
    @nashvilletn13
    ·
    Jun 6

Here's a picture of
    @carrieunderwood
    talking to her #CryPrettyTour360 openers
    @runawayjune
    ... with guest appearance by
    @DierksBentley
    rainbow1, txacar, PRGuy79 and 7 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    For all you guys who voted your butt off for Carrie, you guys are AMAZING. And for those of you who went all the way out of town for 1 song, you guys are truly dedicated.
    14 years later and still #1! Proud to be part of this fan base!
    txacar, ethelu, PRGuy79 and 10 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    It's not the issue with their previously released country music, because it was definitely country, and among the best being made at its time, but recently it has been strange, bad music, which he supposedly recently said is genre-less. He can't be mad at the establishment, when he actively took himself out of not only the establishment but out of the genre itself.
    Artists sometimes change their music to try different things to get heard or noticed again. Lots do it. As of late, he was being ignored doing “country” I think was the problem. Carrie has sometimes veered off onto somewhat pop songs on occasion to change it up.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pkc4rls View Post
    Artists sometimes change their music to try different things to get heard or noticed again. Lots do it. As of late, he was being ignored doing “country” I think was the problem. Carrie has sometimes veered off onto somewhat pop songs on occasion to change it up.
    But currently he isn’t doing country. He looks entitled. Sometimes the industry ignores certain people, it happens. Zac Brown is acting no differently than Jason Aldean when he acted out about the CMAs not awarding him. It’s not much different. Bad look.

Concert Stars
    ^^^ I just want to add that it seems like men are such whiners when it comes to not winning awards. I have seen Jason and Eric complaining about not getting awards for their stadium tours, or getting nominations. Try being a woman in the industry :-)

Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    ^^^ I just want to add that it seems like men are such whiners when it comes to not winning awards. I have seen Jason and Eric complaining about not getting awards for their stadium tours, or getting nominations. Try being a woman in the industry :-)
    They are graceful about it all (even when talking about how women get shafted) and just do their thing. Carrie has had years where it should have been her easily. She didn't whine and act like spoiled brat.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    I am still so happy for Carrie. Shows what fans want and what we can do for her!
    (She looks so happy and she deserves it)
    txacar, mbh, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

•  
    Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast