Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Like Tree1017Likes

Thread: 2019 CMT Awards

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JTTW108 View Post
    Anyone have a video of her female video win? My dvr missed the first 20 minutes for whatever reason
    Hil posted them in the hq video forum
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Congratulations to Carrie on her wins (very deserving) and most of all the Carrie fans who are so devoted that they spend hours voting. You guys are the best!!!!!!!
    txacar, rainbow1, mbh and 3 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan NC State Carrie Fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I am surprised no one is talking about Zac Browns acceptance speech last night. As soon as he walked on stage I could tell he was mad and he let the Nashville community have it and I was so here for it!

I wish more of the outsider artists would take a stand. They have started to call out the lack of women in radio but now they need to start addressing the unfairness to certain artists.
    Smokyiiis, rainbow1, Hil and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I love how happy she was last night! So glad we could get these awards for her.
    Last edited by CU4ever; 06-06-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    ethelu, rainbow1, mbh and 6 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by NC State Carrie Fan View Post
    I am surprised no one is talking about Zac Browns acceptance speech last night. As soon as he walked on stage I could tell he was mad and he let the Nashville community have it and I was so here for it!

I wish more of the outsider artists would take a stand. They have started to call out the lack of women in radio but now they need to start addressing the unfairness to certain artists.
    The problem with Zac Brown though, is he doesn't even seem to be trying to make country music anymore. He said is new album will be genre-less, then gets mad when country doesn't play him. He actively took himself out of country.

Obviously, there are issues with country and not country, but those not making country, saying what they're doing is country are being played. Zac Brown is saying he's not doing country, but wants country play, makes no sense.

Plus, how did they actually win? I didn't even know they had active music released to be considered country.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    The problem with Zac Brown though, is he doesn't even seem to be trying to make country music anymore. He said is new album will be genre-less, then gets mad when country doesn't play him. He actively took himself out of country.

Obviously, there are issues with country and not country, but those not making country, saying what they're doing is country are being played. Zac Brown is saying he's not doing country, but wants country play, makes no sense.

Plus, how did they actually win? I didn't even know they had active music released to be considered country.
    I listen to Zac Brown because he does NOT make what is considered country music today. In fact, I cast as many votes for him as I did for Carrie in their individual categories. He and Carrie are the best entertainers in the genre, bar none. However, I do not approve of artists using that platform to air their grievances when fans have worked so hard voting to give them the platform. He's certainly not the first, tho.

Huge Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ZBB gets lots of airplay here in Chicago. Their song “My Old Man” is still bring played even after the release of “Roots”. I don’t understand the frustration.
    txacar, rainbow1 and mbh like this.

Junior Carrie Follower gagacasanova's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Congratulations Carrie on your 19th AND 20th CMT wins!!
    txacar, rainbow1, mbh and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    It's not the issue with their previously released country music, because it was definitely country, and among the best being made at its time, but recently it has been strange, bad music, which he supposedly recently said is genre-less. He can't be mad at the establishment, when he actively took himself out of not only the establishment but out of the genre itself.

Still so happy for Carrie! Now if only we could vote for the CMA's....They better at least open their eyes (and ears) for EOTY this year! Carrie all the wayyy
    adam1995, txacar, rainbow1 and 8 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    txacar, Smokyiiis, sd20 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars

Shes just a little wisp of a thing in these pics and in person! She looks so Good!
    txacar, sd20, rainbow1 and 4 others like this.

Carrie Follower
    Most viewed performance on the CMT's You Tube Channel.
    rainbow1, mbh, Smokyiiis and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    She made all the best dressed lists too. She’s always so impeccably dressed to fit every occasion and she and Mike were adorable. Hope Mike LOVES his two birthday presents!

Concert Stars
    Congrats to Carrie on her 20 CMT Award wins! She is the Meryl Streep of the CMTs! That seems like an unbreakable record!

Carrie performance for Southbound slayed. I'm so happy for Carrie winning Female Video Of The Year for Love Wins and Video Of The Year for Cry Pretty. Her speeches are always so sincere and the best. Carrie looked so gorgeous in her outfits.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by NC State Carrie Fan View Post

Agree. I love ZacBB, and I don't care that he cursed on tv. There was a reason for it, and I get it. They get snubbed at award shows alot just like Carrie, but they are very talented and very popular.

Their tour sells out huge venues all over- and it is a great show. They are snubbed bu CMAS and ACMS all the time, though Grammys do like them.

Zac once said that he won't play the back room dealing political games that it takes to win awards in country music, and i respect them for that. He wants to win honestly, on merit, and not the way WME and other backroom deals are done.

Concert Stars
    It's not the issue with their previously released country music, because it was definitely country, and among the best being made at its time, but recently it has been strange, bad music, which he supposedly recently said is genre-less. He can't be mad at the establishment, when he actively took himself out of not only the establishment but out of the genre itself.
    He was snubbed long before his experimental album. When he released such a great swong like My Old Man, etc- it deserved recognition as that was clearly a country song. Grammys nominated it, but not the country establishment.

Their recent music is not bad. It just doesn't fit with bro country crap. Their performance last night was excellent.
    glenn7 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Congrats to Carrie and great job to all of you guys, who tirelessly voted (or very tiredly voted, lol)! I think they should start calling her the Queen of CMT, because she just is.

I will admit I was a bit worried this year, with Kane and Luke Combs blowing up, and having very active young fan bases, but clearly there is no fan base like Carrie's. 14 years strong!

well said. I actually was more worried about Kane Brown. He got more retweets than Carrie on twitter, but we had more individual fans voting tirelessly.
    rainbow1, CU4ever, sd20 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by yehchern View Post
    Congrats everyone for the win! We still have it after a decade! Haha
    haha yes we are a force to be reckoned with even this many years after Idol. haha That's pretty cool.
    rainbow1, Hil, CU4ever and 5 others like this.

•  
    Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast