Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2591Likes

Thread: 2019 ACM's

Obsessed Carrie Fan

2019 ACM's

Don't know where to put this so feel free to move it to where it belongs, i figure i go ahead in start this thread for the ACM's for 2019.

ACM Announces New Submissions Process, Category Name Changes, Voting Timeline For 2019 Awards
    ACM Awards 2019
    The ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC (ACM) has unveiled its plans for a new submissions process, category name changes, and ballot timelines for professional membership voting for the "54TH ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS." These changes will synchronize voting of all AWARDS, including Industry Awards, Studio Recording Awards, Radio Awards, and Video Of The Year. The "54TH ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS" will take place on SUNDAY, APRIL 7th, 2019 beginning at 8p (ET/delayed PT) on CBS-TV and will be broadcast live from the MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA in LAS VEGAS.

The new category names for the ACM AWARDS will be as follows: Album Of The Year; New Female Artist Of The Year (formerly New Female Vocalist Of The Year); New Male Artist Of The Year (formerly New Male Vocalist Of The Year); New Duo Or Group Of The Year (formerly New Vocal Duo Or Group Of The Year); Music Event Of The Year (formerly Vocal Event Of The Year); Single Of The Year (formerly Single Record Of The Year); Entertainer Of The Year; Female Artist Of The Year (formerly Female Vocalist Of The Year); Male Artist Of The Year (formerly Male Vocalist Of The Year); Duo Of The Year (formerly Vocal Duo Of The Year); and Group Of The Year (formerly Vocal Group Of The Year). The first six of those categories will be added to the existing submission process already in place for the Radio Awards, Video Of The Year, and Industry Awards categories, wherein the ACADEMY will present all eligible recordings and artist for consideration to the voting membership. The remaining categories will continue to be determined via write-in from the professional membership.

Additionally, submissions eligibility periods for the "54TH ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS" will be from MONDAY, JANUARY 1st, 2018 through MONDAY, DECEMBER 31st, 2018. Key dates for ACADEMY professional members for the 2019 ACM AWARDS cycle are: New Membership/Membership Renewals Open on MONDAY, OCTOBER 29th, 2018; the Submissions Period Opens MONDAY, DECEMBER 3rd, 2018; the Deadline for New Membership/Membership Renewals Closing is MONDAY, DECEMBER 31st, 2018. The AWARDS Submissions Period closes on FRIDAY, JANUARY 4th, 2019; First Round Voting will take place from FRIDAY, JANUARY 18th through THURSDAY, JANUARY 24th, 2019; Second Round Voting will be held from MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4th through MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11th, 2019; and the Final Round Voting will take place from MONDAY, MARCH 11th through TUESDAY, MARCH 19th, 2019. To apply for membership with the ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC, visit the ACM Membership platform here.

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...s-category-nam

Don't know if Carrie's going to be there (I like for her to be there) but do you think she's going to get some nominations? If so post what you think.
    txacar, lolita55, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    Don't know where to put this so feel free to move it to where it belongs, i figure i go ahead in start this thread for the ACM's for 2019.

ACM Announces New Submissions Process, Category Name Changes, Voting Timeline For 2019 Awards
    ACM Awards 2019
    The ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC (ACM) has unveiled its plans for a new submissions process, category name changes, and ballot timelines for professional membership voting for the "54TH ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS." These changes will synchronize voting of all AWARDS, including Industry Awards, Studio Recording Awards, Radio Awards, and Video Of The Year. The "54TH ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS" will take place on SUNDAY, APRIL 7th, 2019 beginning at 8p (ET/delayed PT) on CBS-TV and will be broadcast live from the MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA in LAS VEGAS.

The new category names for the ACM AWARDS will be as follows: Album Of The Year; New Female Artist Of The Year (formerly New Female Vocalist Of The Year); New Male Artist Of The Year (formerly New Male Vocalist Of The Year); New Duo Or Group Of The Year (formerly New Vocal Duo Or Group Of The Year); Music Event Of The Year (formerly Vocal Event Of The Year); Single Of The Year (formerly Single Record Of The Year); Entertainer Of The Year; Female Artist Of The Year (formerly Female Vocalist Of The Year); Male Artist Of The Year (formerly Male Vocalist Of The Year); Duo Of The Year (formerly Vocal Duo Of The Year); and Group Of The Year (formerly Vocal Group Of The Year). The first six of those categories will be added to the existing submission process already in place for the Radio Awards, Video Of The Year, and Industry Awards categories, wherein the ACADEMY will present all eligible recordings and artist for consideration to the voting membership. The remaining categories will continue to be determined via write-in from the professional membership.

Additionally, submissions eligibility periods for the "54TH ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS" will be from MONDAY, JANUARY 1st, 2018 through MONDAY, DECEMBER 31st, 2018. Key dates for ACADEMY professional members for the 2019 ACM AWARDS cycle are: New Membership/Membership Renewals Open on MONDAY, OCTOBER 29th, 2018; the Submissions Period Opens MONDAY, DECEMBER 3rd, 2018; the Deadline for New Membership/Membership Renewals Closing is MONDAY, DECEMBER 31st, 2018. The AWARDS Submissions Period closes on FRIDAY, JANUARY 4th, 2019; First Round Voting will take place from FRIDAY, JANUARY 18th through THURSDAY, JANUARY 24th, 2019; Second Round Voting will be held from MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4th through MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11th, 2019; and the Final Round Voting will take place from MONDAY, MARCH 11th through TUESDAY, MARCH 19th, 2019. To apply for membership with the ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC, visit the ACM Membership platform here.

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...s-category-nam

Don't know if Carrie's going to be there (I like for her to be there) but do you think she's going to get some nominations? If so post what you think.
    Is the criteria going to stay the same. Because if it is I don't understand why they changed it.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Carrie will undoubtedly get a female artist of year nomination. I think she has a good shot at album as well. She probably has a decent shot at song for Cry Pretty as well. I would imagine she will be there. She said in an interview they had April scheduled for tour rehearsals so sheís planning on being back to work by then.
    rainbow1, mbh and Kizmet311 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    @ACMAwards Please welcome back @reba as host of the 54th #ACMawards!

Tune-in to @CBSThisMorning Feb. 20 to see @reba announce this yearís nominees! https://t.co/3IMYvmWiXE

https://twitter.com/ACMawards/status...129536001?s=19

Junior Carrie Follower
    Reba is hosting. Nominees announced on CBS this morning on Feb. 20th!!!!
    txacar, rainbow1, Suellen and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Cool. Please don’t snub Carrie again voters. After the Grammys I cannot take anymore snubs right now.
    rainbow1, Suellen, txacar and 2 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I couldn't agree more. I boycotted the Grammys because of the snubs. I still listen to the Cry Pretty album and I just don't understand why it was ignored. Cry Pretty should have least received a nomination for vocal performance.

I hope the ACMS will show Carrie some appreciation for her music.
    rainbow1, Suellen, txacar and 4 others like this.

Nominations coming tomorrow! Can't wait for the token FVOTY nomination! Lol

They will nominate Kacey for everything and Miranda will receive a couple of awards just because she get married, just another year at a country awards show! Haha!
    Last edited by simonplay; 02-20-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I wouldn't say Kacey will definitely get tons of nominations, possible, but chances are nominations were finalized or mostly turned in before the Grammys. Will she win most or all awards she gets nominated for? I believe her chances have gone way up.

I'd expect Kacey getting Female, Album and Song. Possibly a music video and single nomination as well. I expect her to sweep the three awards I expect her to get noms for. Nothing wrong though with shaking things up. Do we really want to see Miranda win again? And if it isn't Carrie, then someone new is great.
    Last edited by adam1995; 02-19-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    lizcarlo, txacar and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Grammys suck but i hope the ACM's don't do the same.
    txacar and teesharky like this.

I want Carrie to be nominated and win for album. Cry Pretty is such fantastic album. I would not mind Kacey getting some awards. Golden Hour is another great album in my opinion.
    txacar, ethelu, teesharky and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I am so praying that this is not like the horrid disappointment of the Grammy snubs. I cannot take another morning like that.
    glenn7 and oldyfan like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Honestly, I think Carrie will have a better year next year, with a tour under belt, and hopefully even better singles (DA and Low). Hopefully, an album nomination though.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Not terribly surprised by the nominations so far. One thing I'd change is take Miranda Lambert out of Female Artist, and add in Kelsea. "Cry Pretty" would be a nice addition to Song, but it's not really a surprise.

Concert Stars
    This was disappointing to say the least.

Huge Carrie Follower countrymama22's Avatar
    Well that didn’t go like I was hoping. Extremely disappointed.
    jessicaleanne1992 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymama22 View Post
    Well that didnít go like I was hoping. Extremely disappointed.
    We just have to begin accepting award shows donít realize what they have with Carrie. Itís disappointing and sad, but if they donít realize what a jewel they have, theyíre missing out

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Can't say I'm surprised. As every year, there are some real head-scratchers, "Down To The Honky Tonk" for single? What?

Concert Stars
    Can’t believe Carrie had the best selling female album of 2018 and the best selling country album in over three years and didn’t get nominated. What a joke.
    JoeOrfino, glenn7, Suellen and 2 others like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast