Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree508Likes

Thread: 2019 ACM's

Concert Stars
    Hopefully, they'll be more performers announced. In the likely case that Carrie isn't announced, it's just the nail in the coffin for not watching this "award show".
    glenn7 likes this.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    So, no need to watch!
    As for now but maybe.
    txacar likes this.

Concert Stars
    So, no need to watch!
    I agree. I read somewhere there were more announcements to come. Hope it's true. I surely won't watch if Carrie's not there.
    ethelu, rainbow1, gwade82 and 3 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    So, no need to watch!
    ...it's the first round...

Insane Carrie Fan
    They announced like ten performers, there's usually 18 or so, let's give it a minute.
    txacar, rainbow1, Suellen and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So, no need to watch!
    Well if you mean no Carrie it's a 3 hour show, which usually has 20-22 performances,so this is only half the list.
    rainbow1 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I really hope Carrie does perform! I think it would be great to ramp people up for the tour even though most of us are already excited about it!!
    txacar and CrazyAboutCarrie like this.

Concert Stars
    The only reason I want her there is to perform DA and show those voters what idiots they are. Otherwise the ACMs can eat dirt the way they snubbed CP.

Carrie Guru
    I'm pretty sure Kacey is going to win most of her awards, so I don't have any expectations for Carrie. However, I don't have any doubt that Carrie will be performing a new single.
    rainbow1, txacar, lizcarlo and 2 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kacey is going to win most of her awards, so I don't have any expectations for Carrie. However, I don't have any doubt that Carrie will be performing a new single.
    I sure hope so. No Carrie...No need to watch!!
    txacar, Suellen, lolita55 and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I sure hope carries wins the female vocalist award or whatever it is called now. If Kacey wins it I am going to be disappointed because I am not a huge fan of her voice and I think she is super boring when she performs.

^ Kacey is not going to win, her album didn't sold well, all her singles flopped and yes as you said her performance skills are terrible.
    I think it's between Carrie and Maren but Miranda breath and WME buy another award for her so there is Miranda too.

Concert Stars
    ^Female Artist of the Year gives them an out not to award Carrie. Vocally, Carrie has no peer. Artistry can include writing, style, stage presence, and a multitude of other attributes they can use to justify someone other than CU. BTW, did Miranda do anything during the eligibility period other than Pistol Annies, a duet (?), and writing? I don't remember a single or album.

Insane Carrie Fan
    They haven't given Carrie the vocal award for a long time now, so a name change doesn't change the dynamics. And for those that are certain Kacey won't win, you better be prepared. This seems to be a race between Carrie and Kacey, and both deserve it, in my opinion. I just wouldn't be the least bit surprised, and no one else should be either. Kacey is the it girl right now, and whether you like her or not, she has made her presence known and has spread country music to a wider audience.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    They haven't given Carrie the vocal award for a long time now, so a name change doesn't change the dynamics. And for those that are certain Kacey won't win, you better be prepared. This seems to be a race between Carrie and Kacey, and both deserve it, in my opinion. I just wouldn't be the least bit surprised, and no one else should be either. Kacey is the it girl right now, and whether you like her or not, she has made her presence known and has spread country music to a wider audience.
    Should have said "justification" not to award Carrie. The weight can be where the voters want it -- either on writing, vocal performance or vocal style. Re Kacey, I believe she will probably win. She has been the it girl overseas for a long time. All she had to do was rekindle the spark in the U.S. Now she's everywhere again and voters shouldn't ignore that (though jealousy is still rampant in country music). Still hoping for Carrie, but know WME is still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    How exactly? People outside the country world barely know her. Nobody has spread country music to a wider audience than Carrie anyway, everybody know that.

I feel like if I put the stats of both of them Carrie wins by a landslide.
    maddkat, DaisyTweets and oldyfan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    ^Female Artist of the Year gives them an out not to award Carrie. Vocally, Carrie has no peer. Artistry can include writing, style, stage presence, and a multitude of other attributes they can use to justify someone other than CU. BTW, did Miranda do anything during the eligibility period other than Pistol Annies, a duet (?), and writing? I don't remember a single or album.
    No, just background vocals for a Jason Aldean's song. Lol
    maddkat, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    The Aldean song does owe something to Miranda, since she turned down the first one he asked her to sing on, and that was instrumental in persuading him to suggest this neo-traditional song instead. However, I don't think that song will do her any good in this award category - her remarks about its radio run are likely to have killed that off, and there was a noticeable lack of chemistry the one time they performed it live, at the CMA. If it does anything in the event category, it's likely to be due to the video, where Miranda's wistful presence, showing both resignation and regret, did quite a bit to give the song context and extend it's meaning.

She put all her recent energy into the Pistol Annies, though - most of the promotion for that project seemed to be coming from her, her family, and her associates at Shopkeeper Management and Carnival Music (with no obvious profile from the label or radio).

In the eligibility period she had two pretty full tours, and she was also the youngest artist ever to have a residency at the Hall of Fame. That is certainly enough to justify a nomination, but I don't see her getting the solo award - mainly because her recent strong preference for deep genre, Americana-leaning material has broken the alliance between stylistic-leaning and commercial-leaning voters which analysis by Nashville Scene suggested sustained her long award run. (The move away from the radio format probably suits her personally, and may have seemed in line with her age - but it has probably taken her out of the equation as far as Music Row is concerned.)
    txacar, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    How exactly? People outside the country world barely know her. Nobody has spread country music to a wider audience than Carrie anyway, everybody know that.

I feel like if I put the stats of both of them Carrie wins by a landslide.
    Of course Carrie has more impressive stats, but that's not everything, obviously, because voters have disregarded them before. Kacey is big overseas, possibly bigger than Carrie. Kacey just won Album of the Year at the Grammy's, the biggest award for music. She has been on tour with Katy Perry and Harry Styles, and brought country to very uncountry audiences, but keep thinking she doesn't have the industry's attention.
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    ^ Kacey is not going to win, her album didn't sold well, all her singles flopped and yes as you said her performance skills are terrible.
    I think it's between Carrie and Maren but Miranda breath and WME buy another award for her so there is Miranda too.
    She will win.They think she's hip, she's cool, she does drugs.WOW.They'll give it to her because country music desperately wants to seem cool to the pop crowd.
    simonplay and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast