Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By FanSince04
  • 2 Post By PRGuy79
  • 2 Post By rcramer
  • 3 Post By Farawayhills
  • 1 Post By FanSince04
  • 1 Post By FanSince04
  • 3 Post By ethelu
  • 1 Post By rainbow1

Thread: Carrie Duets

Junior Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar

Carrie Duets

I’d just like this to be a nice chat about duet partners we’d like to sing with Carrie! My top five are as follows:

1) Brett Young (sings “Mercy”)

Their voices would pair beautifully together especially over a ballad. I can sing then doing a sing like “I Told You So” or even “Heartbeat”.

2) Reba McEntire

The duet of “Does He Love You” at the Opry was a dream come true. I can see them creating a smash hit together! It’s have to be a sing like “The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia” or “Church Bells”. It should be my number one, but I’m a sucker for a male/female duet.

3) Kelly Clarkson

Can you see it now? It’s be the duet every AI lover would be talking about until the end of time. Personally, Carrie can be soulful. Don’t believe me just take a listen to “CCA”. Kelly is soul queen with some amazing vocal runs! I really need this to happen... like on her new record 😃

4) Sam Smith

Dude can sing and we all know it. He’d be able to keep up with Carrie vocally. The song would be an emotional one because it’s Sam Smith! I love emotional songs; they are my favorite. Carrie is queen of storytelling, especially an emotional song. I could see he song being similar to “I Know You Won’t” or “See You Again”.

5) John Legend

I love his voice. I can honestly see them creating something magical. I can see these two singing in a spiritual song. I would replay that song over and over! On the other hand, I wouldn’t complain if they made “Like I’m Gonna Lose You (pt. 2)”. I would not complain at all 👌🏼
    txacar, lizcarlo and Suellen like this.

1. Chris Stapleton: I'd love an amazing country song for duet. Chris and Carrie would sound incredible together on amazing country song.

2. Sam Smith: They could do pop piano driven song. He has beautiful voice. The would sound heavenly together.

3. Florence Welch: I'm certain it will never happen. I think they would sound amazing together.

4. Tami Neilson: They would make killer duet. Both have such beautiful voices.

5. Miranda Lambert: would love for them to do high quality timeless song

Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    1. Chris Stapleton: I'd love an amazing country song for duet. Chris and Carrie would sound incredible together on amazing country song.

2. Sam Smith: They could do pop piano driven song. He has beautiful voice. The would sound heavenly together.

3. Florence Welch: I'm certain it will never happen. I think they would sound amazing together.

4. Tami Neilson: They would make killer duet. Both have such beautiful voices.

5. Miranda Lambert: would love for them to do high quality timeless song
    I didn’t think of Chris Stapleton. Honestly, I’m not seeing the major hype with him, but it’d be a decent duet.

Concert Stars
    Justin Timberlake
    Adele
    Chris Stapleton
    Darius Rucker
    Pink
    lizcarlo and ethelu like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Adele for sure..... Would love to hear her and Josh Groban do a duet.....
    lizcarlo and ethelu like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Luke Bryan sales and hype wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Poe View Post
    Luke Bryan sales and hype wise.
    Luke Bryan does sale and is quite popular, but I don’t see their voices fitting well together. I didn’t think that when they duetted on “Play It Again” during a concert either.

Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    Adele would be an amazing collaboration!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FanSince04 View Post
    Personally, Carrie can be soulful. Don’t believe me just take a listen to “CCA”. Kelly is soul queen with some amazing vocal runs! I really need this to happen... like on her new record
    This aspect interests me. I'd love to hear Carrie show a more soulful side in some of her music. It would mean an adjustment in the vocal style that many have come to identify her with - but I'd be keen to see her develop that more raw and haunting tone that she's touched on in some of her songs. As you say, CCA gives a pointer - and was well received by many fans, who've often said they'd wished it had been a single.

I'm afraid I don't know Kelly Clarkson's work well enough to say how far I'd want a duet - but, for me, the "Queen" of Blue-eyed Soul is probably Susan Tedeschi, and that would be a collaboration I'd definitely go for. In this example - performed at the White House - Susan is accompanied by her husband, Derek Trucks, on slide guitar, and the duet is sung with Warren Haynes (of the Allman Brothers' Band, who has also performed with the Grateful Dead, and the Dave Matthews Band)

Another possibility to mention in this context would be Bonnie Raitt. Carrie's first appearance in a national televised context was singing part of one of Bonnie's songs - and Bonnie is noted for collaborating widely with other artists. This is an example of Bonnie dueting with Norah Jones.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzDUi_L6MzA

Finally. I'd like to mention that the ending of "Good Girl" suggests to me that Carrie could really try a full-blown Texas Blues collaboration one day. Carolyn Wonderland (who is a virtuoso on lap steel, as well as electric guitar) might be a possible guide.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g57GEmiAGmY

Quote Originally Posted by FanSince04 View Post
    I didn’t think of Chris Stapleton. Honestly, I’m not seeing the major hype with him, but it’d be a decent duet.
    I think him and Carrie would be incredible together. Him can really sing and she could let loose a bit with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    This aspect interests me. I'd love to hear Carrie show a more soulful side in some of her music. It would mean an adjustment in the vocal style that many have come to identify her with - but I'd be keen to see her develop that more raw and haunting tone that she's touched on in some of her songs. As you say, CCA gives a pointer - and was well received by many fans, who've often said they'd wished it had been a single.

I'm afraid I don't know Kelly Clarkson's work well enough to say how far I'd want a duet - but, for me, the "Queen" of Blue-eyed Soul is probably Susan Tedeschi, and that would be a collaboration I'd definitely go for. In this example - performed at the White House - Susan is accompanied by her husband, Derek Trucks, on slide guitar, and the duet is sung with Warren Haynes (of the Allman Brothers' Band, who has also performed with the Grateful Dead, and the Dave Matthews Band)

Another possibility to mention in this context would be Bonnie Raitt. Carrie's first appearance in a national televised context was singing part of one of Bonnie's songs - and Bonnie is noted for collaborating widely with other artists. This is an example of Bonnie dueting with Norah Jones.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzDUi_L6MzA

Finally. I'd like to mention that the ending of "Good Girl" suggests to me that Carrie could really try a full-blown Texas Blues collaboration one day. Carolyn Wonderland (who is a virtuoso on lap steel, as well as electric guitar) might be a possible guide.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g57GEmiAGmY
    Beautiful performance by Susan and Derek! I can see why you’d mention her for a duet with Carrie. I say Kelly because of her ability to go full soul and pull back when necessary. Listen to her sing “Medicibe” and “Move You”.

Yes! Bonnie Raitt is a must see duet. It would be a nastolgic performance since Carrie came into public eye singing Bonnie’s song. Carrie has been known to duet with artists of different backgrounds and styles than hers (Tony Bennet, Steven Tyler, Ludacris, etc.)
    Farawayhills likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lizcarlo View Post
    I think him and Carrie would be incredible together. Him can really sing and she could let loose a bit with him.

I have two things to say. One, I love this performance and song after first hearing it today. Second, Carrie and Chris need to sing a mash up of her song “Cry Pretty” and his song “Sometimes I Cry”. It has to happen!
    lizcarlo likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcramer View Post
    Josh Groban reminds me of:

rainbow1, txacar and lizcarlo like this.

Concert Stars
    We were bursting with pride that day, huh?!!! ^
    txacar likes this.

•