Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 2018 Official Fan Club Party

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

2018 Official Fan Club Party

Since I'm a member of the OFC, but never post on the boards there, I started this thread for anyone here who might want to talk about the Fan Club party.

They started sending invites out last night. I got mine, so I now have to decide if I am going and let them know within a couple of days. I like that it's a morning party, because I can drive down to Nashville, attend the party, and then head on home after. It's only a 3 1/2 hour drive for me and I gain an hour going down due to the time zone change. Carrie is performing so it's really hard to turn that down! However, I am seeing her at the Opry on Friday night, so that would be two trips to Nashville in less than a month. Gotta make up my mind, though, because if I confirm and then don't attend I lose the chance at any M&Gs or Fan Club parties in the future! Yikes!
    countrymusicfan15, Hil and jimshoe like this.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Since I'm a member of the OFC, but never post on the boards there, I started this thread for anyone here who might want to talk about the Fan Club party.

They started sending invites out last night. I got mine, so I now have to decide if I am going and let them know within a couple of days. I like that it's a morning party, because I can drive down to Nashville, attend the party, and then head on home after. It's only a 3 1/2 hour drive for me and I gain an hour going down due to the time zone change. Carrie is performing so it's really hard to turn that down! However, I am seeing her at the Opry on Friday night, so that would be two trips to Nashville in less than a month. Gotta make up my mind, though, because if I confirm and then don't attend I lose the chance at any M&Gs or Fan Club parties in the future! Yikes!
    Have you decided what to do yet,Kiz?I got invited too but I just donít know if Iíll be able to go that week since my family is moving.I want to go just to experience it,but I just donít know if there will be anyone to take me since that week will be so crazy for my family & myself.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Have you decided what to do yet,Kiz?I got invited too but I just donít know if Iíll be able to go that week since my family is moving.I want to go just to experience it,but I just donít know if there will be anyone to take me since that week will be so crazy for my family & myself.
    Yes, I just confirmed this morning! The only thing I would say is don't confirm unless you are sure you can go. They had a pretty strict warning in the invitation email that if you confirm your attendance but don't show up, you are ineligible for not only invites to future fan club parties, but you're also ineligible for M&Gs at concerts. I don't know how strictly they will enforce that, but I wouldn't risk it. If you live really close to Nashville, perhaps you could ask someone in your family to take you and drop you off for the party? It's right beside the mall, so they can definitely kill some time shopping while you're at the party.
    "Thank you for that ĎCaptain Obviousí sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the Ďrightí notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Yes, I just confirmed this morning! The only thing I would say is don't confirm unless you are sure you can go. They had a pretty strict warning in the invitation email that if you confirm your attendance but don't show up, you are ineligible for not only invites to future fan club parties, but you're also ineligible for M&Gs at concerts. I don't know how strictly they will enforce that, but I wouldn't risk it. If you live really close to Nashville, perhaps you could ask someone in your family to take you and drop you off for the party? It's right beside the mall, so they can definitely kill some time shopping while you're at the party.
    Right now,I live about 40 minutes away from Nashville,so that wouldnít be a problem,I hate even mentioning it because itís such a huge part of my life,but I have a disability & I just donít know if my mom or my dad would feel comfortable with me going by myself in such a strange place.I might try to approach it with my dad this morning,but I donít even think he knows that Iím part of the fan club & my mom might know Iím a part of it but thatís it.My dad just isnít the shopping type of person & he would just sit there for an hour watching people go by,so Iím not even sure that would appeal to him.Iíll try approaching it with him,but there is just no guarantee that it will even happen.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Right now,I live about 40 minutes away from Nashville,so that wouldnít be a problem,I hate even mentioning it because itís such a huge part of my life,but I have a disability & I just donít know if my mom or my dad would feel comfortable with me going by myself in such a strange place.I might try to approach it with my dad this morning,but I donít even think he knows that Iím part of the fan club & my mom might know Iím a part of it but thatís it.My dad just isnít the shopping type of person & he would just sit there for an hour watching people go by,so Iím not even sure that would appeal to him.Iíll try approaching it with him,but there is just no guarantee that it will even happen.
    That is tough. Your parents could stand in line with you until the point of being checked in so they could at least be sure you make it in the building. Once you're in, we all just sit in the audience for the party and if it's a nice day, your parents could just sit in the Opry plaza if they want to stay close and bring a book to read or something. Good luck. The parties are a lot of fun, although I mainly go to hear Carrie perform since she will sometimes sing songs that she doesn't usually sing in concert. Last year was special because she sang every song from Storyteller that she didn't sing on the tour, plus CCA again.
    maddkat likes this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    I have been a member of the Fan Club for a couple years and this is the first year I have won a chance to go! I was so excited I immediately confirmed!
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Good for you. I live abroad and I wouldn't miss it if I got a ticket and if I live in US. You're right about the fact there is a chance to hear her sing songs she barely sings in concert. And I guess you can take a picture with Carrie.
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Today was amazing!! I’m still wearing my glitter tears from the makeup station! Haha
    Kizmet311, rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I didn't see this thread here, so i posted all the fan club posts all in Carrie twitter and Instagam thread.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I took this video today.

Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    And the other one that I took:

Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Thanks so much for the videos. I love the chatter st the start of the Cry Pretty one. Itís nice to hear how excited she is about the song. Itís one of my all time favs too!
    rainbow1, Kizmet311 and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    thanks for the videos
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Thank you for the videos 😀
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Wow the Champion live was everything and more than I thought it would be!!! Thanks for sharing Stacey! It's truly appreciated.
    Smokyiiis, rainbow1 and Kizmet311 like this.

Concert Stars
    I always enjoy the chatter too. Did she say anything about Jimmy at all or just introduced the other guy?
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I always enjoy the chatter too. Did she say anything about Jimmy at all or just introduced the other guy?
    just introed the new guy.I'm gonna miss Jimmy.:-(

couple videos I shot, the angle will look familar since I was sitting next to Kiz,lol
    BHC by Carrie & Joey ( the karaoke contest was hilarious) - https://www.facebook.com/donna.durbi...t=feed_comment
    TC - https://www.facebook.com/donna.durbi...4482184236769/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    just introed the new guy.I'm gonna miss Jimmy.:-(

couple videos I shot, the angle will look familar since I was sitting next to Kiz,lol
    BHC by Carrie & Joey ( the karaoke contest was hilarious) - https://www.facebook.com/donna.durbi...4482184236769/

TC - https://www.facebook.com/donna.durbi...4482184236769/
    Oh Donna, you posted the same video twice. I don't facebook so is there a way to see the other video?
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Oh Donna, you posted the same video twice. I don't facebook so is there a way to see the other video?
    sorry it's early after a long night.lol
    fixed it
    DaisyTweets and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Thank you D!!! You're a peach!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
    maddkat and rainbow1 like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast