Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: The CMA's 2018

Obsessed Carrie Fan

The CMA's 2018

Do you think Carrie and Brad be back cohosting it this year?

I got a email

CMA Sets Broadcast Award Submission Window; CMA Award Voting Schedule
    How To Submit And Vote
    The COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CMA) has opened the window for broadcast award submissions in the Station Of The Year, Broadcast Personality Of The Year, and National Broadcast Personality Of The Year categories. Through 6p (CT) on SATURDAY, JUNE 30th, entries can be submitted here. All entries must reflect performances and events between THURSDAY, JUNE 1st, 2017 and THURSDAY, MAY 31st, 2018. The CMA has established a panel of judges comprised of distinguished radio and industry professionals who will view and evaluate each entry online. CMA Broadcast Award winners will be notified in early OCTOBER.

Also announced today (5/7), the eligibility period (SATURDAY, JULY 1st 2017 to SATURDAY, JUNE 30th, 2018) and voting schedule for "THE 52ND ANNUAL CMA AWARDS," which will be conducted online. The first ballot and instructions will be emailed MONDAY, JULY 2nd to CMA members in good standing who are eligible to vote. Voting for the first ballot closes at 6p (CT) on THURSDAY, JULY 12th. The second ballot will be emailed to CMA members MONDAY, AUGUST 6th. Voting for the second ballot closes at 6p (CT) on THURSDAY, AUGUST 16th. The final nominees in each of the 12 categories will be announced later this Summer.

Winners of "THE 52ND ANNUAL CMA AWARDS" will be determined in a final round of voting by eligible voting CMA members. The third and final ballot will be emailed to CMA members MONDAY, OCTOBER 1st. Voting for the CMA Awards final ballot ends at 6p (CT) on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23rd. All balloting is officiated by the professional services firm DELOITTE AND TOUCHE LLP.

Do you think Carrie will get nominations? its early to know but....
    teesharky, Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    As long as Miranda doesn't win FVOTY again then I will be happy.

Concert Stars
    Carrie may get 1 or 2 token noms but I have no real hope of a win. Miranda will win the next 800 years.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Under a new team, even though it isn't WME, she may be able to get a song and single nomination along with FV.

Next year, though, I think will be the year to watch for.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I think there was a taste of country article that said it was iffy they would cohost since the label change but I’m not sure I believe they’d change up such a wonderful set of cohosts

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I think there was a taste of country article that said it was iffy they would cohost since the label change but I’m not sure I believe they’d change up such a wonderful set of cohosts
    Well Taste of Country is crazy!!!! First, she had already changed labels last year and they still hosted. And 2nd, they have a winning team they won't be changing that anytime soon!!! The network knows it and the CMA head honchos know it and the producers know it. There won't be a change.
    rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think it's all up to Brad & Carrie. If they want to keep hosting, then I think the job is theirs. At some point, though, one of them may want to quit and then I think they'll both quit.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Does hosting have anything to do with the label though? Isn’t it a bit like Calia? It’s an entirely separate thing from the music. Prob just trying to stir with that article!
    txacar, Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    She’s such a wonderful manager of time because in the years where she is touring strongly I just don’t know how she DOES it all but it comes off like they’ve rehearsed for years for that one night
    rainbow1 and DaisyTweets like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    And the window is official closed... Hoping they go for Cry Pretty for Single/Song/Video, who knows maybe even the Champion for Vocal Event, and then Female as well
    Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reid View Post
    And the window is official closed... Hoping they go for Cry Pretty for Single/Song/Video, who knows maybe even the Champion for Vocal Event, and then Female as well
    Think with you, it is theirs as long as they want it at this point.
    Hope Carrie wins, but doubt it it. She has deserved it every year.

If there was ever a doubt if Paisleywood hosting they never would have last year.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyjones18 View Post
    If there was ever a doubt if Paisleywood hosting they never would have last year.
    Why do you say this? It was their 10th anniversary hosting. There's NO WAY they would've not hosted last year.

I personally think they're a lock to host for 3 more years to break the hosting mark set by Vince Gill. Besides, they're still bringing in the ratings so I don't believe there's anyway that the network or the CMAs would want to break things up. And they work so well with Deaton and Wild. Plus, you can tell that Carrie & Brad still enjoy doing it.

Smokyiiis likes this.

The post above was talking about an article from Taste of Country, last year, that questioned whether or not Paisleywood would be hosting.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Anyone thinking Cry Pretty might get a Song of the Year nomination at the CMA Awards?? Eligibility period ended June 30th, so nominee process will be beginning soon!

^I think it will get votes from female voters -- not so sure about the guys. Ballot dates (from opening post):

"The first ballot and instructions for “The 52nd Annual CMA Awards” will be emailed Monday, July 2 to CMA members in good standing who are eligible to vote. Voting for the first ballot closes Thursday, July 12 (6:00 PM/CT).

The second ballot will be emailed to CMA members Monday, Aug. 6. Voting for the second ballot closes Thursday, Aug. 16 (6:00 PM/CT). The final nominees in each of the 12 categories will be announced later this summer.
    Winners of “The 52nd Annual CMA Awards” will be determined in a final round of voting by eligible voting CMA members.

The third and final ballot will be emailed to CMA members Monday, Oct. 1.
    Voting for the CMA Awards final ballot ends Tuesday, Oct. 23 (6:00 PM/CT). All balloting is tabulated by the professional services firm Deloitte & Touche LLP."
    Last edited by txacar; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:31 PM.

Insane Carrie Fan
    A Song nomination would be nice. Hoping for it, also hoping for Single, but I think next year could be an exciting year. Holding out for the Entertainer award next year. I bet UMG will push hard for her.
    txacar, Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

I think that it would be pretty cool for song and/or single. ☺
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Anyone thinking Cry Pretty might get a Song of the Year nomination at the CMA Awards?? Eligibility period ended June 30th, so nominee process will be beginning soon!
    if it were by any other artist I'd say it's a guarantee, but the CMAs (and ACMs) haven't shown Carrie co writes any love at all over the years.I don't expect that to change,but hope it does.
    txacar, DaisyTweets and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Junior Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    Let’s be realistic. She’ll get female vocalist and that is all.... keeping with tradition.

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast