Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree2914Likes

Thread: The CMA's 2018

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^I think I've been disrespected since I happened to pop up on here I just I shouldn't have, there's couple members here that are harsh towards me. If you read my post more closely you will see what I said.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    ^I think I've been disrespected since I happened to pop up on here I just I shouldn't have, there's couple members here that are harsh towards me. If you read my post more closely you will see what I said.
    in the music timeline from June or July of 2017 to now Carrie had two Songs that's what I was getting at so excuse me for saying what I believe in. If you can't take it when don't post back.

Honestly, supporting The Champion being at any of these shows is super hypocritical of us since most of us have dissed other artists (FGL comes to mind) for having non-country entries in these shows. I've done the same, but it's bizarre.

Cry Pretty deserves awards and I think it has a decent shot at some noms because despite its commercial performance, it had great critical success.

Junior Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Please its just my opinion and what Carrie should put into the box for nominations FYI. Don't hate me for voicing my opinion. I wish people wasn't so harsh to someone when they speak up about what they think and feel about something if you disagree with that's fine if you think "The Champion" shouldn't have any business being at a award show then you shouldn't have voted for it for CMT's then.
    I think you may have misread the reply to your comment. Stuffy was simply saying the country awards don’t typically show Carrie any love for her country songs, so they highly doubt The Champion will get any love. I’m sorry you felt hated. That’s a terrible feeling, but please understand their response wasn’t personal towards you. Also, stuffy and Countryfan2448 please continue to reply and post. Heck, you see I’m doing it and still defending others when people misunderstand or target others.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Please don't feel like you can no longer participate in the discussion. I for one like reading about the comments and take of other people on different aspects of Carrie's music. Everyone here should be able to express their own opinion as long as we don't disrespect other members. And I definitely did NOT get the hate or disrespect vibe from your post.
    That was more about replying to specific sensitive people rather than the board as a whole.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    The Champion and The Fighter both drew heavily on musical influences from outside, and I, personally, wouldn't describe either of them as being stylistically Country songs in their recorded versions (Carrie did make The Fighter rather more Country in a live arrangement). However, many people would draw an award eligibility distinction between them, in that the latter involved two artists who identify with the Country format, and the song was pitched to Country radio.

To my mind, though, that distinction doesn't carry much weight. I would put more emphasis on stylistic and contextual considerations, rather than on commercial or corporate interests. If the CMA members are happy to nominate work by (for example) Keith Urban, Sam Hunt or Maren Morris, which stylistically draws heavily on General Music, I don't think they have a strong case for ruling out The Champion. It's been played on Country shows here (mainly because of Carrie) - but the main point is that Country has always been inclusive (right back to Jimmie Rodgers using musical phrases drawn from contemporary Vaudeville), and the theme of the song is aspirational, and compatible with some of Country's concerns (which was emphasized quite strongly in the video). Ludacris is associated with the Dirty South movement, which sought to give Hip Hop a more Southern flavour, and as such can be considered another strand in the regional melting pot of musical influences, that Carrie herself enjoys and draws on.

Having said that, though, I'd be rather surprised if The Champion did get a nomination - not because it "couldn't" or "shouldn't", but because it seemed to be consciously kept separate from Carrie's Country work, was given the feel of a "special event" song, will probably be rather off the radar by the time the voting gets under way, and will probably be superseded by heavy promotion of Carrie's new work.
    txacar, ethelu, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

Please its just my opinion and what Carrie should put into the box for nominations FYI. Don't hate me for voicing my opinion. I wish people wasn't so harsh to someone when they speak up about what they think and feel about something if you disagree with that's fine if you think "The Champion" shouldn't have any business being at a award show then you shouldn't have voted for it for CMT's then.
    The funny thing is you say that but you do the opposite. And you even reply the same answer over and over again. Just respect the others and they will do the same for you.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    if you have a problem with a post report it, if it's with a poster take it to pms but everyone stay on topic and stop whining

any off topic post from this point will be deleted
    Last edited by maddkat; 07-05-2018 at 05:34 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Michael J On Air

@Michaeljonair
    Jul 5

More
    The @CountryMusic #CMA has called members to nominate artists for this years CMA's. MINE- https://wmzq.iheart.com/featured/mic...-do-you-think/ … @kennychesney @Jason_Aldean @carrieunderwood @billycurrington @DanAndShay @ScottyMcCreery @davidleemurphy @Morgan_Evans @OldDominion @LOCASHmusic @brothersosborne https://t.co/P2Ky8ZzFZI

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^Some of those picks are weird. Like did Billy Currington actually do anything this year? LoCash? That's got to be joke. And wasn't "Ain't My Fault nominated last year, or did it win last year?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    ^Some of those picks are weird. Like did Billy Currington actually do anything this year? LoCash? That's got to be joke. And wasn't "Ain't My Fault nominated last year, or did it win last year?
    It Ain't My Fault was posted to Youtube in May 2017, so that should fall outside the eligibility criteria unless they use the criteria for when the song peaked on the chart instead.

Also, this may not be a popular opinion, but I honestly think they need to institute some kind of rule for these award shows to allow new blood to win in EOTY, MVOTY, and FVOTY. After a certain number of wins, the artist should just be retired from the category. At least with album and songs/singles people are sometimes on different cycles so others have a chance to win, but to me Kenny is such a boring choice for EOTY. Sure he sells out stadiums, but I think his music has gotten pretty boring over the years and he's won the award before.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    It Ain't My Fault was posted to Youtube in May 2017, so that should fall outside the eligibility criteria unless they use the criteria for when the song peaked on the chart instead.

Also, this may not be a popular opinion, but I honestly think they need to institute some kind of rule for these award shows to allow new blood to win in EOTY, MVOTY, and FVOTY. After a certain number of wins, the artist should just be retired from the category. At least with album and songs/singles people are sometimes on different cycles so others have a chance to win, but to me Kenny is such a boring choice for EOTY. Sure he sells out stadiums, but I think his music has gotten pretty boring over the years and he's won the award before.
    I like the idea of incorporating new rules, but an artist should not be “retired” from a category simply because they keep winning. As much as I’d like Miranda to never win FVOTY again, the awards would become meaningless. There is a huge argument for the awards already being meaningless, but I think they become participation awards if artists are considered “retired” or “ineligible” because they have won so many.

I would like to see more fan voting taken into consideration. I’m weary about that too though, since Carrie and Blake have GREAT fan support yet, other artists would be hindered in that way. It would be nice to see a rule out on M/FVOTY and EOTY that states all singles released within the time of eligibility must have reached top 10. AOTY should require an artist to have reach top 10 on Billboard 200 and top 5 on Billboard Country Albums.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I had the same thoughts!

Billy's single "Do I make you Wanna" spend 3 consecutive weeks at #1 in Billboard Country Airplay in August . And he is always touring.

And: "Setting a new record in August 2017 with his number one single "Do I Make You Wanna", Currington is the only country music artist in US Billboard Country Airplay chart history to have a song in the #1 spot gain an audience of nearly 9,500,000 over another country music artist's song in the #2 spot."

Don't know about the others..

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Billy's single "Do I make you Wanna" spend 3 consecutive weeks at #1 in Billboard Country Airplay in August . And he is always touring.

And: "Setting a new record in August 2017 with his number one single "Do I Make You Wanna", Currington is the only country music artist in US Billboard Country Airplay chart history to have a song in the #1 spot gain an audience of nearly 9,500,000 over another country music artist's song in the #2 spot."

Don't know about the others..
    Oh...still seems like he did nothing. Not a quality of an artist of the year, lol.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by FanSince04 View Post
    I like the idea of incorporating new rules, but an artist should not be “retired” from a category simply because they keep winning. As much as I’d like Miranda to never win FVOTY again, the awards would become meaningless. There is a huge argument for the awards already being meaningless, but I think they become participation awards if artists are considered “retired” or “ineligible” because they have won so many.

I would like to see more fan voting taken into consideration. I’m weary about that too though, since Carrie and Blake have GREAT fan support yet, other artists would be hindered in that way. It would be nice to see a rule out on M/FVOTY and EOTY that states all singles released within the time of eligibility must have reached top 10. AOTY should require an artist to have reach top 10 on Billboard 200 and top 5 on Billboard Country Albums.
    Yeah, there is never going to be a perfect, fair system to award who should really win each year. Of course, Carrie might never win EOTY if they only give it to guys that can sell out stadiums (not that she'll win anyway, but that's not my point). I think EOTY has to be about more than just attendance numbers and it's criteria is clearly about more than just that. I do think MVOTY, FVOTY, Duo, and Group SHOULD be a numbers game and it should go to the most successful artist that year on the charts. Album and Song should be some combination of sales, streaming and quality. I don't think the highest selling should always win, but I also don't think the critic's choice should always win if it's an album most country fans have never even listened to. Single should be like MVOTY/FVOTY - based on radio play, streaming, and sales.

Basically, any award that should be based on hard statistics should really just be chosen by committee, and perhaps EOTY (since it's about more than strictly numbers and could include subjective material), VOTY, Song, Album, Vocal Event, and Collab could be voted on by the membership. And of course, the membership should really be like the Recording Academy and only include people involved with making the music, not journalists, publicists, agents, etc. It would be so much more fair that way. I mean, the Grammy's are a pretty decent model - I don't know why the ACMs and CMAs can't fix it, except for one thing - the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that must somehow be involved.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Oh...still seems like he did nothing. Not a quality of an artist of the year, lol.
    Well we know that means nothing since Miranda wins everything every year even between albums.. lol

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Well we know that means nothing since Miranda wins everything every year even between albums.. lol
    True, but men get different standards for some reason, in country music.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Kenny may be a boring choice for EOTY,but he must be selling out enough stadiums,selling enough tickets to his shows to be considered for EOTY & people do love him so you can’t just completely rule someone out because you think they’re boring or they’ve won the award before.If the voters like what they see &they see that people love his music,he sells out shows,why wouldn’t they not consider nominating him for EOTY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concert Stars
    Yeah, there is never going to be a perfect, fair system to award who should really win each year. Of course, Carrie might never win EOTY if they only give it to guys that can sell out stadiums (not that she'll win anyway, but that's not my point). I think EOTY has to be about more than just attendance numbers and it's criteria is clearly about more than just that. I do think MVOTY, FVOTY, Duo, and Group SHOULD be a numbers game and it should go to the most successful artist that year on the charts. Album and Song should be some combination of sales, streaming and quality. I don't think the highest selling should always win, but I also don't think the critic's choice should always win if it's an album most country fans have never even listened to. Single should be like MVOTY/FVOTY - based on radio play, streaming, and sales.

Basically, any award that should be based on hard statistics should really just be chosen by committee, and perhaps EOTY (since it's about more than strictly numbers and could include subjective material), VOTY, Song, Album, Vocal Event, and Collab could be voted on by the membership. And of course, the membership should really be like the Recording Academy and only include people involved with making the music, not journalists, publicists, agents, etc. It would be so much more fair that way. I mean, the Grammy's are a pretty decent model - I don't know why the ACMs and CMAs can't fix it, except for one thing - the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that must somehow be involved.
    Exactly! I think it should be based on numbers and chart poristion. I believe we’d see more fresh faced winning with enough familiar faces taking home awards too. Lauren Alaina should have done better at awards shows this past year than she did. Carrie would do WAY BETTER each year too! It’s just flawed.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

•  
    Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast