Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree2914Likes

Thread: The CMA's 2018

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Carrie may get 1 or 2 token noms but I have no real hope of a win. Miranda will win the next 800 years.
    I just donít understand that because yes Miranda is a great songwriter but she only does small tours and doesnít even perform in major cities including Nashville. Iím just so confused on the CMAís love of choosing her for female vocalist of the year. Carrie puts herself out there way more and has also performed other things besides just her music on tour.
    Smokyiiis, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugarcandyman View Post
    Letís be realistic. Sheíll get female vocalist and that is all.... keeping with tradition.
    I mean, she pulled in an Entertainer nomination in '16, so she could. Will she win? That's another story.
    teesharky, rainbow1 and Kizmet311 like this.

Concert Stars
    How much longer do we have to wait for them to announce hosts?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    if it were by any other artist I'd say it's a guarantee, but the CMAs (and ACMs) haven't shown Carrie co writes any love at all over the years.I don't expect that to change,but hope it does.
    Well I am hoping that because it has the "Love Junkies" on it with her that they will have some pull.
    teesharky, rainbow1 and Kizmet311 like this.

Concert Stars
    How much longer do we have to wait for them to announce hosts?
    They usually announce it when they air the CMA Fest.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ I know but that was a month ago.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^it doesn't air till August though
    rainbow1 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    ^ I know but that was a month ago.
    It's as Liz said in the post directly before yours -- when they AIR CMA fest. That will be the beginning of August.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Carrie's been busy in the past and she still co-host it but I ain't watching if she's not co-hosting it.

Junior Carrie Follower FanSince04's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think they have a good thing going and will co-host. The awards shows make me very angry with not giving her nominations, nor awarding her with any awards. I do believe these are rigged. Iím not a Miranda fan and find it completely CRAZY she wins any award!

Junior Carrie Follower
    I personally think Carrie and Brad won't be hosting for an 11th year. Just my own prediction. I know they love it and so does everyone else but I think they're ready to let go after 10 years. I think the world has gotten too "soft" of their sense of humor(look at last year and all the hate CU got for 'Before He Tweets') I could be completely wrong, though. However, I think she'll be far busier this time around and she may not really have time to come up with the material and all the meetings and the extra stuff that comes with hosting and what not for the show. I know, I know, she released ST before the CMAs but that was RIGHT before the CMAs. Cry Pretty is being released two months before and she'll be spending nearly all of September and early October promoting/doing festivals overseas and in the US.

Obsessed Carrie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mgbjr View Post
    I personally think Carrie and Brad won't be hosting for an 11th year. Just my own prediction. I know they love it and so does everyone else but I think they're ready to let go after 10 years. I think the world has gotten too "soft" of their sense of humor(look at last year and all the hate CU got for 'Before He Tweets') I could be completely wrong, though. However, I think she'll be far busier this time around and she may not really have time to come up with the material and all the meetings and the extra stuff that comes with hosting and what not for the show. I know, I know, she released ST before the CMAs but that was RIGHT before the CMAs. Cry Pretty is being released two months before and she'll be spending nearly all of September and early October promoting/doing festivals overseas and in the US.
    So?Sheís been far busier in the past and still made time to do the CMAS.She knows how to manage her time so this could be worked into her schedule somehow.Theyíre probably not as ready to let go of the show like you think they are.Its not their fault that people donít have a sense of humor & took their Before He Tweets skit way out of context!!You just canít discount them hosting right off the bat unless they decide to get some other duo to host the show,which is almost next to impossible since Brad & Carrie have done such an amazing job hosting the CMAs every year!!Kind of hard to replicate their success!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Carrie is Carrie she has a way of Surprising us so we'll see.

Off-topic Happy 4th of July To all on here.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    The Champion
    Cry Pretty should get noms for CMA's so we'll see.
    txacar and ethelu like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    The Champion
    Cry Pretty should get noms for CMA's so we'll see.
    I wouldn't count on it with the behind the scenes country music politics. Blown Away won the Grammy for country song and couldn't even score a song nomination at either of the big country shows. No single or song it was ridiculous. Good enough for the Grammys but not the less prestigious country awards.

Insane Carrie Fan
    "The Champion" has no business being nominated at a country show. "Cry Pretty", in a perfect world would be the Song of the Year.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    "The Champion" has no business being nominated at a country show. "Cry Pretty", in a perfect world would be the Song of the Year.
    That's your opinion. The Champion will be in the "Duet" catogery's .

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    I wouldn't count on it with the behind the scenes country music politics. Blown Away won the Grammy for country song and couldn't even score a song nomination at either of the big country shows. No single or song it was ridiculous. Good enough for the Grammys but not the less prestigious country awards.
    Please its just my opinion and what Carrie should put into the box for nominations FYI. Don't hate me for voicing my opinion. I wish people wasn't so harsh to someone when they speak up about what they think and feel about something if you disagree with that's fine if you think "The Champion" shouldn't have any business being at a award show then you shouldn't have voted for it for CMT's then.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    Please its just my opinion and what Carrie should put into the box for nominations FYI. Don't hate me for voicing my opinion. I wish people wasn't so harsh to someone when they speak up about what they think and feel about something if you disagree with that's fine if you think "The Champion" shouldn't have any business being at a award show then you shouldn't have voted for it for CMT's then.
    I have no idea where you got that I hate you from my post. My post wasn't even a disagreement because I didn't say it shouldn't be nominated. I said it wouldn't. Maybe you should reread my reply because you didn't understand it. There's definitely no hate for you anywhere in it.

Yes Cry Pretty should get nominated for the CMA awards. I'm just letting you know that it may not happen.

I should've known better than to reply. I definitely won't make that mistake again after this one.
    txacar and adam1995 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    I have no idea where you got that I hate you from my post. My post wasn't even a disagreement because I didn't say it shouldn't be nominated. I said it wouldn't. Maybe you should reread my reply because you didn't understand it. There's definitely no hate for you anywhere in it.

Yes Cry Pretty should get nominated for the CMA awards. I'm just letting you know that it may not happen.

I should've known better than to reply. I definitely won't make that mistake again after this one.

Please don't feel like you can no longer participate in the discussion. I for one like reading about the comments and take of other people on different aspects of Carrie's music. Everyone here should be able to express their own opinion as long as we don't disrespect other members. And I definitely did NOT get the hate or disrespect vibe from your post.

•  
    Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast