Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree439Likes

Thread: Carrie at the Opry May 11

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie at the Opry May 11

Carrie will celebrate her 10th Opry anniversary on May 11

@opry
    2m
    You guys are good! We're thrilled to announce that we'll be celebrating @carrieunderwood's 10 Year #Opry Anniversary on May 11!

listen here -
    https://www.opry.com/

line up
    Carrie Underwood, Old Crow Medicine Show, Ricky Skaggs, Ashley Campbell, Dom Flemons, Riders In The Sky, and more

first show - https://soundcloud.com/user-56033432...e-opry-5-11-18

second show - https://soundcloud.com/user-56033432...d-show-5-11-18
    video package - https://video.twimg.com/amplify_vide...K1A8.mp4?tag=2
    Last edited by maddkat; 05-11-2018 at 09:54 PM.
    DaisyTweets, glenn7, hjj and 13 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Wish I lived closer. I really would like to be there. Sads for me.

If anyone is going from CF, please cheer loud for me too. lol
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Wish I lived closer. I really would like to be there. Sads for me.

If anyone is going from CF, please cheer loud for me too. lol
    Gosh I WOULD LOVE to be there too! It would be a first for me!
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I just asked my husband if we could go to Nashville on May 11th and he said no, lol. Tickets for the second show go on sale tomorrow at noon, I think. Part of me would love to just take my daughter and run down to Nashville for the night! It's such a short drive for us - just 3 1/2 hours.
    opry051008 likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    I'll surely be listening from OKla!!!!!
    Smokyiiis and opry051008 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    I knew it! So excited for her to be back at the Opry. Some of her best shows are the simply Opry ones.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @ScottSheriff
    Opry here we come!

@carrieunderwood

It’s such an honor to be a part of the @opry family! Can’t wait to celebrate 10 years!
    sd20, hjj, Smokyiiis and 4 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So, since it's her anniversary, do you think they will celebrate at both shows or just the early show? There aren't really great seats left for the 7:00 show, but the late show goes on sale today. I might consider doing the late show, but I wonder if it will be anything more than her typical 3 song set?
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    So, since it's her anniversary, do you think they will celebrate at both shows or just the early show? There aren't really great seats left for the 7:00 show, but the late show goes on sale today. I might consider doing the late show, but I wonder if it will be anything more than her typical 3 song set?
    I'm pretty sure it's always done at the early show. Donna and Glen would know for sure.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I think it would be done like how they did for RM. They had the cake and everything during the first show. If I remember correctly neither Carrie or Dolly were at the 2nd show.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Thanks. That sucks. I didn't see the show and ticket announcement for the Opry until a couple hours after it came out and by then all the good seats were gone. I know I could still do the 9:30 show, but it would have been nicer to see more of Carrie during the celebration.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Thanks. That sucks. I didn't see the show and ticket announcement for the Opry until a couple hours after it came out and by then all the good seats were gone. I know I could still do the 9:30 show, but it would have been nicer to see more of Carrie during the celebration.
    I just bought two tickets to the 7:00 show! They're not great seats but they're in a similar section in the balcony where I sat last year and the Opry is small enough that you still feel close to the stage. I'll get better seats for the 9:30 show. So my guess is by noon they meant Nashville time? Cause it's past noon in Ohio and I can't find the show anywhere on the website!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriethequeen View Post
    I just bought two tickets to the 7:00 show! They're not great seats but they're in a similar section in the balcony where I sat last year and the Opry is small enough that you still feel close to the stage. I'll get better seats for the 9:30 show. So my guess is by noon they meant Nashville time? Cause it's past noon in Ohio and I can't find the show anywhere on the website!
    Yes, I assume they meant Central time. I've sat in the balcony before for the Opry and it's fine, but I would be taking my 5 year old daughter to see Carrie for the first time and would like to be closer. If I can't get good seats for 9:30 I'll just wait for the tour.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I know I only have a few mintues until tickets go on sale. Do you think Carrie will do more than 3 songs at the 9:30 show? I feel like she has maybe done a 5 song set occasionally?
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I got front row for the 9:30 show!!!!! Not quite dead center, but that's ok! I am so so so happy right now and I get to take my little girl! You think there is any chance at all she'll sing Cry Pretty at both shows, lol. I suspect not and that I'll miss out on that one, but that's ok.
    glenn7, jimshoe and Suellen like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I got front row for the 9:30 show!!!!! Not quite dead center, but that's ok! I am so so so happy right now and I get to take my little girl! You think there is any chance at all she'll sing Cry Pretty at both shows, lol. I suspect not and that I'll miss out on that one, but that's ok.
    Congrats!!! and I think there's a 100% chance she'll do CP at both shows.
    It is the new single. At least I really hope she does for you guys.
    Last edited by maddkat; 04-18-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    glenn7 and Kizmet311 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    I know I only have a few mintues until tickets go on sale. Do you think Carrie will do more than 3 songs at the 9:30 show? I feel like she has maybe done a 5 song set occasionally?
    I'm hoping for a little bit longer of a set with it being her anniversary show and her first shows of the year! But we'll see. My sister and I are 5th row for the second show- I'm so excited! 24 hours ago I had to idea when I would see Carrie next!!
    maddkat and Kizmet311 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Holy smokes! Take some good photos!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I will definitely take photos and Donna has requested video of CP if she sings it at the second show! I'll put the hubby on video duty so I can enjoy the performance!

Oh and for future reference, calling the box office was the way to go. The Opry site isn't the easiest to get tickets right at sale time since the show doesn't appear until it goes on sale. I just wish I had called the box office a couple minutes earlier and I maybe could have gotten center section, but I am NOT complaining.

Since I'm doing this show I wonder if my husband will say no to the Fan Club Party and Tuesday night Opry if she does those again this year and I get picked, lol.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower
    I wish I could be at one of those shows so badly but my brothers birthday is on the same day & my mom said it would be wrong to not be there for his birthday so I have to miss it which makes me so sad so I’ll have to listen to the app to hear it!!So jealous that you get to go!!Take lots of pictures for us!!
    txacar likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast