Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree6916Likes

Thread: 2018 ACM Awards Discussion

Concert Stars

2018 ACM Awards Discussion

Academy of Country Music | ACM News

11/30/2017
    ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC ANNOUNCES RADIO AWARDS CRITERIA CHANGES AND OPEN SUBMISSIONS DATE FOR 53RD ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS COUNTRY MUSIC RADIO AWARDS CATEGORIES

ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC® ANNOUNCES RADIO AWARDS CRITERIA CHANGES AND OPEN SUBMISSIONS DATE
    FOR 53rd ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC® AWARDS
    COUNTRY MUSIC RADIO AWARDS CATEGORIES
    TERRESTRIAL, SATELLITE AND INTERNET RADIO NOW ELIGIBLE FOR
    NATIONAL ON-AIR PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR CATEGORY
    Submissions Period January 3-15, 2018
    ENCINO, CA (November 30, 2017) – The Academy of Country Music® announced changes today to the ACM Awards radio categories’ criteria and open submissions date for the 53rd Academy of Country Music Awards®. For the first time ever in the National On-Air Personality of the Year category, submissions will be accepted from terrestrial, satellite and internet radio personalities, if all eligibility requirements are met. The Academy has also removed the requirement to be a current Academy member to be eligible to submit for all radio categories.
    Additional changes to On-Air Personality of the Year, National On-Air Personality of the Year and Radio Station of the Year categories include a shorter aircheck, and a streamlined essay portion with a maximum length of five hundred words – replacing the individual written summaries of industry or community work, etc. For additional details, please visit https://www.acmcountry.com/voting-criteria.
    Open submissions for the 53rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards® will begin Wednesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:00 AM PT / 11:00 AM CT at www.ACMcountry.com and will end at 5:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM CT on Monday, January 15, 2017. The 53rd Academy of Country Music Awards will air LIVE next spring from Las Vegas on a date to be announced, on the CBS Television Network.
    The Academy of Country Music Awards telecast recognizes winners for the previous calendar year. The radio eligibility period is between November 24, 2016 to December 31, 2017.

http://www.acmcountry.com/news?n_id=1194

ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC ANNOUNCES VOTING TIMELINE CHANGES FOR 2018 AWARDS & BEYOND

ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC® ANNOUNCES
    VOTING TIMELINE CHANGES FOR 2018 AWARDS & BEYOND
    January 10, 2018 Deadline to Apply for New Memberships & Renew Memberships
    For Voting Eligibility for the 53rd Academy of Country Music Awards in 2018
    Encino, CA (November 30, 2017) – The Academy of Country Music® announced today the ballot timeline for professional membership voting for the 53rd Academy of Country Music Awards™, which includes a shift to a calendar-year submissions eligibility period as well as synchronizing voting timing of all Awards categories, including Industry Awards categories, Studio Recording Awards categories, Radio Awards categories and Video of the Year Award. The 53rd Academy of Country Music Awards will be broadcast LIVE from Las Vegas next April, 2018 (date to be announced).
    “The Awards/Voting Committee conducts annual reviews of criteria and procedures to ensure the integrity and relevance of all of the awards. Recently, the Board of Directors approved changes to the eligibility period and category guidelines. This, along with technological upgrades to our voting and membership systems, allows us to better position the Academy for the future,” said Nick Di Fruscia, Vice President, Awards & Membership for the Academy of Country Music.”
    In 2018, the submissions eligibility period for the 53rd Academy of Country Music Awards will be November 24, 2016 through December 31, 2017, extending to account for the change. In 2019 and thereafter, the submissions period will be January 1 to December 31.
    In addition, Awards voting in every category has been synchronized. The ballot timeline for professional members for the 2018 ACM Awards cycle is as follows:

• First Round: January 22, 2018 – January 31, 2018
    • Second Round: February 12, 2018 – February 21, 2018
    • Final Round: March 7, 2018 – March 14, 2018

Radio Award categories and Video of the Year Award submissions period will be January 3, 2018 – January 15, 2018. For more information, visit www.acmcountry.com.
    New membership applications and existing membership renewals must be completed by 5:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM CT on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 for members to be eligible to vote during the 2018 Awards cycle. To apply online for membership with the Academy of Country Music, please visit the new ACM Membership platform at:
    https://acm.dmds.com/en#/.

**No idea where to put this. Please feel free to move.

brenda218 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

2018 ACM Awards Discussion

Carrie should have TF eligible.
    Hopefully she'll get a fvoty nod
    brenda218 and txacar like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well, if they can nominate MM or RM or KM to fill out the category than Carrie should get a spot just on her popularity alone. She brings attention to the genre every time she appears in People or any of the other celebrity 'news' sites.

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    I would love to see her there and another win.

Concert Stars
    2017 was a very quiet year for Carrie so I honestly am worried she won't even get a Female Vocalist nom....Hope she does though. It would be so sad if she didn't.

If a new single comes out in February or so-- perhaps she will attend and perform it hopefully. I don't think she will win anything though as she did not win a single award last year despite her MASSIVE Storyteller success.
    txacar and Carrieroxmysox2011 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Last edited by maddkat; 12-14-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    txacar likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Hmm, the article that I got from the posted link didn't say that. It said that it hasn't been announced yet. Did I get linked to the wrong article?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Hmm, the article that I got from the posted link didn't say that. It said that it hasn't been announced yet. Did I get linked to the wrong article?

no, I choked.Assumed the pic meant they were hosting.Hopefully they get new hosts.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
    brenda218 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    no, I choked.Assumed the pic meant they were hosting.Hopefully they get new hosts.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
    Right there with ya on them hopefully getting new hosts. I'm hoping that LB will be too busy with Idol to do it.

Concert Stars
    I voted for Reba as my favorite ACM host, while I was on there!! LOL!!
    txacar and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    Anybody know if Luke and Dierks have been confirmed as co-hosts? Wish they would bring Reba back.

First round voting ends tomorrow.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Reba as Colonel Sanders for host!
    rainbow1, txacar, Suellen and 1 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    The other night I did see an ad for the ACMs and of course the commercial lead with who else but the one and only CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!!! Nothing about the hosts though.
    rainbow1, txacar, ethelu and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Anybody know if Luke and Dierks have been confirmed as co-hosts? Wish they would bring Reba back.

First round voting ends tomorrow.
    Luke might have a conflict with the ACMs and his hosting stint on Idol. Could be what the hold up - trying to find a new partner for Dierks.I would not be surprised if they go with a woman and try to capture the Carrie/Brad magic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Luke might have a conflict with the ACMs and his hosting stint on Idol. Could be what the hold up - trying to find a new partner for Dierks.I would not be surprised if they go with a woman and try to capture the Carrie/Brad magic.
    Well, that's not going to happen :-) Look at all the other award shows that have tried and have failed.
    txacar, ethelu and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Well, that's not going to happen :-) Look at all the other award shows that have tried and have failed.
    The idea of Dierks trying to do light banter with almost anyone sounds painful. Brad is a great comic against Carrie playing the straight man. I can not imagine they would find anyone with that chemistry.
    rainbow1, teesharky and txacar like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    There have been so few artists that can actually prove to be good hosts. And since the ACMs haven't had Reba, they haven't had a good host. I think they should just try a comedian of something, i.e. Jeff Foxworthy or Bill Engvall type, in the country wheelhouse, who can actually make jokes that aren't forced. Actually, I think Chip Esten did a great job at the CMTs, but his comedy experiences helped him quite a bit.

Concert Stars
    Kelly Pickler would be better than Dierks!

Concert Stars
    ^yes Kellie Pickler would be a good partner to someone that could balance her out. She could be the funny bubbly one, and she would be great at that. But they need a counter part to balance her out and bring her down to earth. haha
    rainbow1 and txacar like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ yeah Kellie can get a little over the top real fast ,lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast