Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1793
Like Tree6916Likes

Thread: 2018 ACM Awards Discussion

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    At some point you take yourself out of the running. If you are smart you should see the ridiculousness of surpassing legends when it’s undeserved. I know Miranda works hard and tours a lot. But there is no way she is better than Reba was.

Quote Originally Posted by gwade82 View Post
    Ever heard of self respect. Ask Aretha
    Hmmmmmm.... I think ARETHA spelled it R-Ꭼ-Ꭶ-Р-Е-С-Т ... Iím sure you mean well and I donít entirely disagree with you.. Вut in my honest opinion Miranda has nothing to do with Carrie being snubbed on multiple occasions... If not Miranda it would of been someone else besides Carrie..The Country community doesnít think Carrie earned all of the accolades at the start of her career... Success for her came to easy and early in their minds...They hold Carrie to a much higher standard because of this... Little did they know that OUR GIRL is even better than those standards... I really believe that many are starting to realize this... Thatís why the best is yet to come for OUR GIRL... JMHO.....CHEERS

One of these days I'm gonna have to move to the US so I can watch her videos without getting blocked. So bleeping annoying!

On that note, if anyone has the performance video on their computer can you please be a dear and PM/email it to me.

Edit: Nvm, thanks Hil for the upload!
    Last edited by amiroamor; 6 Days Ago at 09:54 PM.
    oldyfan, Smokyiiis and gwade82 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by СнцскеяшᏍd View Post
    Hmmmmmm.... I think ARETHA spelled it R-Ꭼ-Ꭶ-Р-Е-С-Т ... Iím sure you mean well and I donít entirely disagree with you.. Вut in my honest opinion Miranda has nothing to do with Carrie being snubbed on multiple occasions... If not Miranda it would of been someone else besides Carrie..The Country community doesnít think Carrie earned all of the accolades at the start of her career... Success for her came to easy and early in their minds...They hold Carrie to a much higher standard because of this... Little did they know that OUR GIRL is even better than those standards... I really believe that many are starting to realize this... Thatís why the best is yet to come for OUR GIRL... JMHO.....CHEERS
    I also believe this is true. The problem is that there are basically only 2 women who dominate country music for all of these years, Miranda and Carrie. So if they don't give it to Carrie, there's only Miranda. It's definitely frustrating to see our girl go unrewarded when she really deserves it, but I certainly do not blame Miranda. I don't know why you guys think that if the shoe was on the other foot that Carrie wouldn't be accepting all these awards. After 7 Grammys, Carrie hasn't taken her name off the Grammy list.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    NewsOK‏ @NewsOK 15m15 minutes ago

Superstar @carrieunderwood made a triumphant return to the stage Sunday during the 2018 #ACMAwards, blogs @BAMOK http://bit.ly/2qDRQRn pic.twitter.com/xC185xtu9J

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I also believe this is true. The problem is that there are basically only 2 women who dominate country music for all of these years, Miranda and Carrie. So if they don't give it to Carrie, there's only Miranda. It's definitely frustrating to see our girl go unrewarded when she really deserves it, but I certainly do not blame Miranda. I don't know why you guys think that if the shoe was on the other foot that Carrie wouldn't be accepting all these awards. After 7 Grammys, Carrie hasn't taken her name off the Grammy list.
    If she won year after year, then I would be embarrassed. But the Grammy's don't reward you for an off year.

Thatís not a good comparison. Those 7 wins were awarded to Carrie in the eligibility periods when she was truly active and with fresh material.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gwade82 View Post
    There is always one. I didn't like her when she came in 4th on Nashville Star. I meant her singing
    That's fine. We don't all have the same likes. I like some of her stuff, but not all.

Concert Stars
    I have to respectfully disagree with you on that. Miranda have been going downhill for a few years now, her songs fails to chart high on country charts, her sales are weak. TBH, Kelsea or Maren deserved it more. The continuous love for Mianda is baffling. The most awarded artist at the ACM who never had the stats to back it up (at most, I give her 2-3 FV).

Now to Carrie.... HOLY SH!+, she is perfect, better than the studio version. She looked beautiful and hot as ever. This is how you show them!!! Wow!!!!

Concert Stars
    What bothered me the most was how badly CARRIE wanted EOTY after that out of this world Storyteller Tour and when she didn’t win it was a for sure “this is totally rigged” AHA moment for me....since then I just support our girl and try not to worry so much about the voting block.

Omg, I just watched it.. Like Omg.. I know I said it before, but can she get any better? Wow, apparently she does! My jaw is still somewhere on the ground..

And Cry Pretty is a gem on the studio version but Woww to the live performance!! Just chills!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I wasn't going to be a dog in this fight but this comparison borders on the ridiculous.Carrie has won 7 Grammys in 13 years, Lambert has won 17 of the last 18 fvoty given out by the ACMs/CMAs and you equate the two? I can't even.smh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower
    three days after the performance, i still havent seen the entire video.

Can somebody help a friend out????

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post

I think it's even on you tube Neil. Can you see it on CBS.com? Check the ACM thread?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILHUNK View Post

did you check here? http://www.carriefans.com/forums/hq-...ml#post4760110 (ACM Awards)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mentorquest: Always proud to share the stage with this one. @carrieunderwood absolutely slayed last night on the #acmawards. Talk about a powerhouse vocal performance of #crypretty. WOW!!.

I love the affection that the band has with her and I see that it's reciprocal.

Concert Stars
    An excerpt from Easttexasradio

People magazine claims Carrie Underwood allegedly skipped the red carpet at the ACM Awards because she did not want anyone to see her prior to her public return following her fall. A source tells the magazine; “She ended up skipping the red carpet because she didn’t want to be bombarded with questions about the accident. It’s the most shaken anyone has ever seen her … this whole ordeal. She was terrified of people seeing the scars. Her hair and makeup team must’ve been under so much pressure.”

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    I don't think Ann will have to work very hard to get a slot for Carrie -- so many beautiful Billboard articles about her comeback, the song, and her performance. They would have to want that!!! Hope so for your sake -- glad it is broadcast in your country.
    Plus, she'll be in California for that wine music festival thing a few days before, so it would make sense.
    cmarieu, Kizmet311, txacar and 1 others like this.

•  
    Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast