Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1793
Like Tree6916Likes

Thread: 2018 ACM Awards Discussion

The performance was amazing! And that standing ovation! I am so happy for Carrie. I hope she is happy how everything went yesterday too.
    I am glad The Fighter won, I could see that it meant a lot to her and Keith.
    She looked amazing, I love all dresses. I miss short hair, but I can understand she wanted a change after having short hair for long time.
    Hil, Smokyiiis, oldyfan and 4 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    The Talk was extremely supportive of Carrie. They talked about how the scar could be minor to people looking at her last night, but to her it could be major. Tayra Banks guest hosted and said we all know our faces so be we can see by things differently and people have no clue how Carrie heals and there are so many different types of fading treatments. They said her hair could even have covered something so people need to just let her be. They said that she so deserved the standing ovation and they thought it probably made Carrie feel great. They were really nice and she was stunning.
    Hil, Jane-Alex, Kizmet311 and 13 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @opry
    55m
    Anyone else reliving #OpryMember @carrieunderwood's performance of #CryPretty from last night's #ACMawards over and over again?! cbs.com/shows/academy_…
    Hil, Smokyiiis, hjj and 12 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie' s half hour was the most viewed!

Ratings Update: 2018 ACM Awards Show Enjoys Viewership Gain

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2018...ouseholds/amp/

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ never a surprise,lol
    Hil, Claire2004, rainbow1 and 5 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I am posting this in CP thread also: Frustrated. Radio DJ of a Pop station just spoke about Carries performance at ACM and how amazing it was. A total show stopper. The DJ went on to say: "I would love to post it on our site so you all can see it but I can't find it anywhere. Probably contractual. But if you see it it is unbelievable that voice comes out of her".

Just very disappointed every time Carrie does one of her amazing performances that get so much buzz the next day and no one can find it or see it. But when its an artist like Swift or Perry it gets millions of views...... I just don't understand why its such an issue with Carrie not getting videos up to view...... just frustrating...

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    WOW, can't believe the performance still hasn't been uploaded to youtube. Was definitely expecting it to have been uploaded and with tens of thousands of views already once I got home from work.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I am posting this in CP thread also: Frustrated. Radio DJ of a Pop station just spoke about Carries performance at ACM and how amazing it was. A total show stopper. The DJ went on to say: "I would love to post it on our site so you all can see it but I can't find it anywhere. Probably contractual. But if you see it it is unbelievable that voice comes out of her".

Just very disappointed every time Carrie does one of her amazing performances that get so much buzz the next day and no one can find it or see it. But when its an artist like Swift or Perry it gets millions of views...... I just don't understand why its such an issue with Carrie not getting videos up to view...... just frustrating...
    We should all start tweeting TPTB, spam the ever-loving **** out of them until someone gets it up on youtube. It's ridiculous.

^^ So far Sony and UMG are not much different... TBH.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^I don't know Carrie has two iTunes #1s with UMG. 2/2

Concert Stars
    @carrieunderwood
    3h3 hours ago

ICYMI! Watch Carrie’s performance of #CryPretty from the #ACMawards below! -TeamCU

https://www.cbs.com/shows/academy_of...rd-acm-awards/
    Smokyiiis, Hil, Pi314CA and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    ^I don't know Carrie has two iTunes #1s with UMG. 2/2
    Yes one thanks to the super bowl and other thanks to Carrie's performance. UMG did nothing .

CP wasn't added to big playlists on Spotify
    No Banners on itunes
    They uploaded the lyric video to her personal youtube channel that only have 200.000 suscriptions.
    Lost two days of sales that count for Billboard.

I said "so far" , I hope they do something else soon.
    pklongbeach, Hil, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

ACM Awards 2018: Complete list of winners, best and worst moments

A full list of winners and nominees is below — here are some of the best and worst moments of the ACMs.

How many tuned in to the show just to see Carrie Underwood’s face? The country superstar has stayed out of sight since November, when she took a nasty fall and suffered a broken wrist and facial injuries. Underwood revealed in January that the “gruesome” accident could leave her looking “a bit different” — and she has been leaving a trail of cryptic Instagram photos ever since, piquing people’s curiosity.
    But viewers couldn’t spot any differences during the telecast when Underwood made her heavily promoted debut to perform her new single, “Cry Pretty.” While the mystery of Underwood’s face did not live up to the hype, she did show off her typically flawless vocal skills, and got emotional as the crowd gave her a huge standing ovation at the end. A moment later, she returned to the stage when she won vocal event of the year with Keith Urban for their duet “The Fighter.”
    “I’m still kind of, like, shaky right now,” Underwood said, tears in her eyes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.568b708d5029

I don't know if I'm just being too sensitive, but I don't like this part: "While the mystery of Underwood’s face did not live up to the hype". It's not Carrie's fault that the media has been hyping up the injury.
    maddkat, Hil, DaisyTweets and 9 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ what the hell is he talking about? there was no hype except in media minds about seeing her face.
    they act like Carrie orchestraed some pr campaign around her face. dang it the girl was just living her life trying to recover!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I am with simon. If I understood some strategy for holding an amazing performance away from the public, and if I did not see other videos by other artists practically go viral, I think it would not bother me so much. But in a world where everything is red hot for a day and then is forgotten I see no reason to wait for things to slow down before acting....
    simonplay and bluetb4 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ what the hell is he talking about? there was no hype except in media minds about seeing her face.
    they act like Carrie orchestraed some pr campaign around her face. dang it the girl was just living her life trying to recover!

Exactly! People can be so insensitive. Carrie did not hype up the injuries, she just post a blog addressing it so that the fans will be updated. That's it. It's the media that's been doing the nonstop coverage.
    maddkat, rainbow1, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^^ CBS would be the owners of the video I expect.Talk to them.
    Geez, all this anti UMG talk is already old. She's had a song out fro 5 days.5
    and it's a type of song Sony, I'm betting, would never had oked.Which is probably why she left.So major kudos to UMG for giving us CP!
    lizcarlo, Claire2004, Hil and 8 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How the ACM Awards Dropped the Ball on Recognizing Route 91 Tragedy

https://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/how-the-acm-awards-dropped-the-ball-on-recognizing-route-91-tragedy-w519209

What do you guys think about the way the ACMs handled this? Do you agree with RS?

I will give credit only to Carrie for CP, not UMG.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Klinnerz View Post
    Just looking at Carrie's stage presence during her performance makes me wish her team will do an even bigger stage for the tour. Can't get over that standing o too.
    Is a bigger stage than the ST tour even possible???? lol.
    txacar, rainbow1, mofan and 2 others like this.

•  
    Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast