Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree6916Likes

Thread: 2018 ACM Awards Discussion

Concert Stars
    Maybe Tim and Faith?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    boom! lol
    I had forgot about that bit.thanks

Dustin who?

they could always try and get Vince, he's never hosted the ACMs :-)
    Dustin Lynch. That's who they were kidding about being a couple with Reba. Then said, they ought to host together.
    maddkat and txacar like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    I would like to see Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley but i don't know if Carrie would be able to attend it with her injuries she is still recovering from.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Geez, why the hate for Kelsea? I get it if you don't like her, but is she really so bad that you would boycott the show just because she is hosting? I mean, I generally like Luke, Blake, and Dierks, but I thought they were all terrible hosts. For me, Kelsea would be a step up, because she at least wouldn't act like an idiot. I'm not saying she would be my preference, but I wouldn't not watch because of her. No one is going to top Carrie and Brad, so for me, it doesn't really matter who they get to host. It can be anybody up on that stage to host the ACMs and I would probably still watch.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Geez, why the hate for Kelsea? I get it if you don't like her, but is she really so bad that you would boycott the show just because she is hosting? I mean, I generally like Luke, Blake, and Dierks, but I thought they were all terrible hosts. For me, Kelsea would be a step up, because she at least wouldn't act like an idiot. I'm not saying she would be my preference, but I wouldn't not watch because of her. No one is going to top Carrie and Brad, so for me, it doesn't really matter who they get to host. It can be anybody up on that stage to host the ACMs and I would probably still watch.
    I don’t get the hate for Kelsea either.I have a few theories on the Kelsea hate,but they’re probably not going to be completely correct.One of theories is that Kelsea isn’t Carrie & they probably feel that only someone of Carrie’s caliber & success should be hosting the ACMs.They probably feel that Kelsea just hasn’t had the level of success that Carrie has had &that someone who’s more successful should be hosting the show.I’m guessing that in some weird way,they feel like Kelsea doesn’t deserve the success that she’s had over the past few years.Another theory and it may not be correct,but maybe they feel that Kelsea is somehow a threat to Carrie’s success & they feel if Kelsea is nipping on Carrie’s heels,her not hosting would nip some of that in the bud.Another one is that they just don’t like Kelsea’s personality.Maybe they also feel she’s too young to host an awards show because she isn’t experienced enough to host an awards show of that magnitude.There are probably a thousand other reasons that they think Kelsea shouldn’t host the CMAs,but those are just a few of mine.I would also still watch the show if she was hosting because that is really a non issue for me.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Reba would be a good choice for sure..... She does a great job at hosting.......

Concert Stars
    I actually think Kellie would be a pretty cute choice. She is very upbeat she has a very natural plucky sense of humor that people like and she has a heart for the artists that are being recognized. I actually think she would do a fine job. If she chose to go polished instead of flaky.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well, speaking for myself, I don't believe I said that 'hated' KB or that I was going to 'boycott' the show.

Again, only speaking for myself, I believe a host is a big part of a show like the ACMs. I just don't believe she's capable of hosting a show the stature of the it. IMO, it takes great skill to host a show and just not everyone can do it. I've watched the ACMs the past 5 or 6 years and IMO they've basically been disasters or train wrecks to watch. And like I've already said, her label can buy her all the #1s they want that still doesn't make her a star. Or an artist capable of bringing in fans to watch a show.

I hardly believe I'm the first or only person to not watch a show because of a host. That isn't boycotting, its just a lack of interest on my part of what they're presenting.

Concert Stars
    I don't hate Kelsey. I just don't love her. I have seen an episode of her show she did a while back, did not enjoy her hosting the show. I really don't like country music anymore. I like some but cannot handle most of it, so I don't listen to it anymore. The only reason I turn in to the CMAs is because of Carrie and Brad, and to see her performance. And the only reason I will turn in to the ACMs is to see Carrie's performance if she has one. (If I listen to country it is the "old" country station on Sirius radio)

Huge Carrie Follower
    Every singer is different in their own ways.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    noms will be out early March
    rainbow1, Hil, DaisyTweets and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I actually think Kellie would be a pretty cute choice. She is very upbeat she has a very natural plucky sense of humor that people like and she has a heart for the artists that are being recognized. I actually think she would do a fine job. If she chose to go polished instead of flaky.
    I remember Kellie and Kid Rock hosting the CMT awards so that's gonna be a hard pass from me lol.
    Reba is good, but i'd rather someone new.
    Jennifer Nettles, Brett Eldredge, Little Big Town, Tim & Faith. TBH I don't really care either way. I care more about who's hosting the other one
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^Jennifer Nettles and Brett Eldridge sound like a good pair.
    Hil and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Tim and Faith would be great, in hindsight I didn't mind Blake that much when he was with Reba. The "bros" combo was a real turn off the past few years. Kelsea I wouldn't mind, she's kinda plain in my opinion but I think partnered with someone else she'd be good. She's definitely not an offensive choice. I love Jennifer Nettles and Vince Gill as hosts too. Really anything will be an improvement from the bro hosts the past couple years even if it won't measure up to Carrie and Brad.
    Hil and Kizmet311 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I remember Kellie and Kid Rock hosting the CMT awards so that's gonna be a hard pass from me lol.
    Reba is good, but i'd rather someone new.
    Jennifer Nettles, Brett Eldredge, Little Big Town, Tim & Faith. TBH I don't really care either way. I care more about who's hosting the other one
    Oh God that just sounds awful!
    Hil, ethelu and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Oh God that just sounds awful!
    Maybe its the Kid Rock part????? I remember that combo and it was AWFUL!!!
    Last edited by DaisyTweets; 02-08-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    ethelu, rainbow1 and Hil like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    One award nominations have been announce.

ACM - Academy of Country Music added a new photo — with 99.5 WYCD and 9 others.

Yesterday at 12:12pm ·

opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ actually all the radio awards were announced yesterday
    but those aren't given out on air
    DaisyTweets, rainbow1, Hil and 1 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ actually all the radio awards were announced yesterday
    but those aren't given out on air
    Right! And during the telecast when they're going to commercial they have the winners on stage and they announce what they won.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Well, from where I sit that's part of the problem. Just throwing any female out there and supporting them just because they are a female isn't the answer. Yes, women need to get more opportunities but it doesn't help the female cause if they aren't really up to handling it.

ETA: The show that KB co-hosted was an epic failure. I just don't see her having the hosting chops to do the job. Part of the job of the host is to bring in viewers. A KB co-hosted show isn't going to do that. As I stated before, her label can buy her all the #1 songs they want but that doesn't translate into real fans or a real following.

When Carrie and Brad started hosting the CMAs, they both had headlined successful tours and much of their success is based on the chemistry and friendship between the two.
    Well Carrie and Brad were pretty green the first year they did the CMAs but they were allowed the chance to grow.

I see nothing wrong with supporting any female who hosts the ACMs because I'm willing to give them a chance. If she isn't any good she will eventually get replaced just like Luke and Dierks have been.
    txacar, Suellen, Kizmet311 and 1 others like this.

•  
    Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast