Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: How did you hear about Carrie? (Curious)

How did you hear about Carrie? (Curious)

American Thanksgiving is Thursday which means the holidays season is here. Now I know everybody on here isn’t a Christian, and that we come from all over the world with different beliefs, culture, traditions,etc.

Now with that being said how did you here about Carrie? ie American idol, talk show, award show, radio, a friend/family member, etc)

I’m just curious especially for the international fans

Wrong thread mods feel free to move this to the proper section if this isn’t the right place for it

Also be specific ie 2012 Grammies or something. For me in would been AI audition

Concert Stars
    AI. Although I didn't find this site for a while. Didn't know it existed :-)
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Lol same didn’t find out about this site until the play on era

I saw her when she was performing Alone on Idol and I was like "WTF wow!" ( that was my first time watching American Idol too) so watched her evey week till she won and didn't know anything about her after that. Till her 2006 AMA's performance medley of JTTW, DFTRM and BHC. I loved the BHC part so I search in internet and become a fan for ever.
    Thats it, thanks AI , AMA's and BHC.
    Hil and HuiZ like this.

Carrie Follower
    For me it's quite peculiar. I know her from the Golden Globes 2011 when she was nominated for Best Original Song for There's a place for us. Christina Aguilera was nominated, too and since I am a fan of her I wanted to listen to the competition. I absolutely loved Carrie's voice instantly and when Good Girl came out the next year I became a fan. Here in Italy country music is not popular at all so it took some lucky coincidence to discover Carrie when Vevo etc were not as popular as now.
    pklongbeach, HuiZ and amiroamor like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    From the moment she sang "Could've Been" on Idol. I'm actually not sure that I saw her audition until later. I don't think I watched all of the auditions that season. Anyway, I was hooked from that moment, but I didn't find this site until a couple months after Idol ended, but was here for all of the fun of waiting on her to release Some Hearts.
    Hil likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie -AI audition Jan. 2005
    CF - Nov. 16, 2005, searching for a video of her CMA performance as my power was out the entire night.I listened to SH 4 times in a row that night.
    Hil and pklongbeach like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    From her American Idol audition...... Been here since right after idol, 3/2005........
    glenn7 likes this.

American Idol audition.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Well AI is not aired here in the Philippines until season 8 but JTTW is already a huge hit here and became one of my favorite without knowing who the singer is lol. And when Carrie sang ITYS with Randy in season 8 instantly I fell in love with here voice and she earned another huge fan after that performance.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Her American Idol audition. I just remember thinking that this woman was amazing and could win the whole thing, and then Simon predicted that she would after she sang Alone, and I was happy that I wasn't the only one that saw it.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I didn't watch Idol when Carrie was a contestant. I remember flipping radio stations in the car and hearing JTTW. Instantly liked it. Then, I recall seeing Carrie doing halftime at some football event, and she sang BHC. I didn't listen to country music, so, while I knew who she was, I just thought of her as a country singer.

Then came SOML. I kept hearing negative things about her playing Maria before the show even aired. When I saw the ads on TV, I wondered why anyone would remake TSOM. I wasn't going to watch, but I felt bad for her, and decided to watch in defiance of the naysayers. At first it was difficult hearing someone other than Julie Andrews saying the lines, but after a while, I started to enjoy it. By the end, I really liked it. Watching it a second time, when it aired again, I loved it. I had recorded it, and played it again and again.

There were so many negative articles about Carrie's performance, it was really frustrating. I set about finding positive articles, and that's how I discovered Carrie Fans.
    Kizmet311, rainbow1, Hil and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I watched her very lovely audition on American Idol.
    glenn7 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I never watched any American Idol season, but it being the biggest show during Carrie's time and me being in the age group that would watch it, I had heard of her. And when I started listening to country music around 6th grade (2006-2007), I knew her, but I don't really think I was hooked until she opened the ACM's with "Last Name" in 2008. I got Carnival Ride after that, and collected all the albums ever since. Wow, that's almost tens years, I've been a hardcore fan. Time flew by.
    Hil likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I never watched any American Idol season, but it being the biggest show during Carrie's time and me being in the age group that would watch it, I had heard of her. And when I started listening to country music around 6th grade (2006-2007), I knew her, but I don't really think I was hooked until she opened the ACM's with "Last Name" in 2008. I got Carnival Ride after that, and collected all the albums ever since. Wow, that's almost tens years, I've been a hardcore fan. Time flew by.
    Isn't it crazy? I've been a fan of hers for almost 13 years - as soon as the live shows started airing for Season 4 of Idol and I saw her first live performance. I'm 37 and I have been a fan of quite a few artists in my life, typically always the "big voiced" female singers. I loved Mariah, Whitney, Celine, etc, and when I got back into country music in my younger years I became a die-hard Martina fan. I have never, though, followed ANY artist as avidly and for as long as I have followed Carrie. My fanaticism for Martina pretty much died as soon as Carrie hit the scene and I was a big fan of Chris Daughtry and his band post-Idol, but even that faded after a few years. Carrie is the only artist who has managed to hold my attention to this extent, with me visiting this website almost every day of my life since I joined. It really is crazy. Over a third of my life as a die-hard Carrie fanatic! It's no wonder my family and friends make fun of me for my love of Carrie, haha.
    hjj, rainbow1, gwade82 and 2 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    I became a fan when she auditioned for "American Idol." I became a mega fan when she sang "Alone". I discovered CF sometime in between I believe. I was one of the first members.
    Hil likes this.

Concert Stars
    From the American Idol audition! I was on another board where they were talking about Carrie. Tee was on the board, and one day mentioned CF!! Thanks forever, Tee!!!
    Hil, glenn7 and HuiZ like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Isn't it crazy? I've been a fan of hers for almost 13 years - as soon as the live shows started airing for Season 4 of Idol and I saw her first live performance. I'm 37 and I have been a fan of quite a few artists in my life, typically always the "big voiced" female singers. I loved Mariah, Whitney, Celine, etc, and when I got back into country music in my younger years I became a die-hard Martina fan. I have never, though, followed ANY artist as avidly and for as long as I have followed Carrie. My fanaticism for Martina pretty much died as soon as Carrie hit the scene and I was a big fan of Chris Daughtry and his band post-Idol, but even that faded after a few years. Carrie is the only artist who has managed to hold my attention to this extent, with me visiting this website almost every day of my life since I joined. It really is crazy. Over a third of my life as a die-hard Carrie fanatic! It's no wonder my family and friends make fun of me for my love of Carrie, haha.
    I know it's crazy. I too love the big voiced female singers. They kill me. Reba is the other female singer that just has me amazed. I loved Martina's voice as well, so I actually incredibly sad that she has lost a lot of what made her one of the best ever. And outside of country music Whitney Houston's voice was actually crazy. I don't listen to her, but I know her hits like most probably do, but she's one that when she sings you know who it is. But Carrie, she's amazing of course and I've spent nearly half my life as a fan. Can't wait to see what's next!
    Carrieslegs84 and Kizmet311 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Talk about big voice, well I am a fan of female and male big voices. Unfortunately Mariah's voice did nothing for me, I think it has a lot to do with her melisma... Whitney Houston as one said was crazy, that voice was through the roof......

Like you Adam, Reba was the deal, not only her voice but her songs were just some of the greatest well written music..... And seeing her in New York while she did Annie Get Your Gun, I can see why, the role fit her like a glove......

Love me some big voiced singers, it don't get any finer than that......
    Last edited by rcramer; 11-17-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    adam1995 and Kizmet311 like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast