Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: How did you hear about Carrie? (Curious)

New Carrie Fan
    Google has helped me to reach this community. Glad to be a part here.

I first knew of Carrie, I think, via commercials and news about American Idol. And I think I tuned in specifically for her (because I thought she was cute and/or liked her voice, I can't remember). I didn't pay attention after she won. I remember hearing Jesus, Take the Wheel on the radio when I wasn't really into country music. I thought it was a funny lyric at the time (being an immature 15-16 yr old).

I remember Before He Cheats being everywhere, but I don't think I made the connection that it was Carrie.

It wasn't until the Last Name video that I really remember becoming a big fan in '08 during the end of my senior year of high school into my freshman year of college.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I was on those CMT boards and miss them too. I’m just a bit behind y’all at 62 but can honestly say this is the only fan club I’ve ever joined and relished over the years. I love the comaraderie here so much more than the OFFICIAL fan page. Though is keep my membership active there for concert purposes!

Carrie Follower
    First of all, hello everyone! I'm new to CF, however I come onto the forums often, just never made an account. If any of you were active on Twitter during the Play On/Blown Away eras, then you might know me. Cows4Lyfe was me.

Anywho, back in 2005, my family and I were moving back home(dad was in the military so we got stationed to a few places), we were staying the night in a hotel and my parents turned on the TV. On that TV was the American Idol Season 4 finale. That was where I first saw Carrie. I didn't know anything about her, seeing as this was the only episode of AI that I saw, at that point. I didn't pay too much attention to the TV, so I still didn't really know who she was after the finale. Flash forward to December, my Aunt and cousins were listening to Some Hearts in the car and Don't Forget to Remember Me started playing, and from that moment is when I became obsessed. I got the Some Hearts album for Christmas and the rest is history.

12 years later, here I am. Still obsessed, still in awe, and still a Carrie fan.
    Smokyiiis, ethelu, liz278 and 2 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan angeliccarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Well here I go. I was really into Martina McBride at the time and my neighbor told me that I should check out American idol because there was a girl on there singing Martina songs. Now i have never watched an episode of American Idol until then. I decided to watch it and I needless to say I fell in love with Carrie. I was completely obsessed by the time of the finale. (Still want a recording of Angels Brought Me Here). I remember voting for Carrie on 4 phone lines. I found Carriefans right after American Idol and I have been obsessed with this site and Carrie ever since.

I can't believe it's been so long ago. But I love following Carrie's epic journey with all of you. Let's face it, Carrie sure has made it fun!
    liz278, rainbow1, ethelu and 1 others like this.

New Carrie Fan
    Google has helped me to reach out here. Happy to be a part into this community.
    txacar, ethelu and Suellen like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    Didn't watch Idol Season 4 until someone mentioned Carrie to me, as the potential winner, during Top 6/Top7 week.
    That's when I started to follow her journey..till now..amazing

Concert Stars
    I Told You So (Idol 2009)

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    When I I heard her cover the Tiffany classic Could've Been On AI , I was sold and so were the judges and half the audience

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Through AI and I am a fan forever.

•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234