Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Carrie & Brad

Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Civility hit the road on the first day of the first Obama administration when the Republicans got together & decided they were not going to do anything to move the country forward, they were instead going to work on making Obama a one term president. A lot of these divisive issues can be pointed right at that decision.
    This is absolutely true. Even earlier than that because it wasn't until a black person was nominated for a major political party that the rampant racism was brought to the fore front of society. It wasn't clear how prevalent it still was until Obama came onto the scene. It seems that people tend to forget that when he was elected, Republicans tied dummies of him from trees to say that they wanted him lynched (in 2008 no less).

Carrie and Brad are both celebrities and have been in the public eye for long enough. Yeah, I'm sure it's annoying to them that they're getting hate in comments and tweets, but I would be completely shocked if they weren't prepared for it before they even went out on stage that night.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    this thread is not for political debate.It's to share love for Carrie & brad. keep on topic please. :-)
    rainbow1, Suellen and Hil like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Civility hit the road on the first day of the first Obama administration when the Republicans got together & decided they were not going to do anything to move the country forward, they were instead going to work on making Obama a one term president. A lot of these divisive issues can be pointed right at that decision.
    Okay, but finger pointing doesn't help bridge the divide.

Anyway, Carrie and Brad, they'll make it through.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I love the sentiment of posting support on twitter but it may be counterproductive and just start arguments. Itís probably best to ignore the crazies. Outside of social media Iíve heard virtually nothing. It will blow over. I may have to declare a social media moratorium. Itís making me lose all faith in humanity, and the fact that these people call themselves Christians makes me want to throw up.

Concert Stars
    They voted for Trump & continue to support him through all of his racist/mysoginistic rhetoric. What bigger example of lunacy do you need.

The Obama followers did the EXACT same thing when Brad & Carrie made fun of Obama in the CMA monologue. So it REALLY works both ways. It's not just the right. There are an equal number of left wing lunatics too.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I love the sentiment of posting support on twitter but it may be counterproductive and just start arguments. Itís probably best to ignore the crazies. Outside of social media Iíve heard virtually nothing. It will blow over. I may have to declare a social media moratorium. Itís making me lose all faith in humanity, and the fact that these people call themselves Christians makes me want to throw up.
    You're 100% right. Outside of troll land (social media) nobody cares about this. Nothing should happen, and I predict nothing will.
    rainbow1 and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I often wonder about that.... Many folks like to hide behind the bible unfortunately........
    rainbow1, Hil and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    STOP with political rhetoric in this thread or it will be closed

if you want to go back and forth with this start a thread in the proper forum or better yet argue in PMs
    Hil likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I saw a tweet from Brad wishing Carrie a speedy recovery. I don't know how to forward tweets.
    rainbow1, ethelu, Suellen and 1 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I started watching Johnny Carson when I was a teenager. He would joke about whoever was president, and people didn't get all bent out of shape about it. Being poked fun at is part of the the job. I don't know why people are so touchy these days.

Concert Stars
    ^ Agree. But the fact is-- they are not only "touchy"- they are out of their minds. lol So honestly- knowing how overly sensitive people are about politics these days-- it is far better to avoid it right now and revisit the political jokes a few years down the road when things are not so volatile.

The CMAS are supposed to be enjoyable for everyone. It is not fun to see Carrie and Brad getting trashed and boycotted etc. It's NOT worth it for a 2 minute joke that they can replace with something much funnier.
    Hil, Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Anybody has the whole cma 2017 hosting bits and all carrie appearances? : D

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jaks_weyn View Post
    Anybody has the whole cma 2017 hosting bits and all carrie appearances? : D
    hosting bits - https://vimeo.com/242386790
    jaks_weyn and Carrieslegs84 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Agree. But the fact is-- they are not only "touchy"- they are out of their minds. lol So honestly- knowing how overly sensitive people are about politics these days-- it is far better to avoid it right now and revisit the political jokes a few years down the road when things are not so volatile.

The CMAS are supposed to be enjoyable for everyone. It is not fun to see Carrie and Brad getting trashed and boycotted etc. It's NOT worth it for a 2 minute joke that they can replace with something much funnier.
    Frankly, I hate the idea of them giving in to those idiots.
    Hil and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

Sure it is.They're hilarious.They can't stand by and let themselves be bullied into changing the way they do things.So far in 10 years they've told a bunch of harmless, funny jokes.No reason to change now.
    ethelu, Hil and Carrieslegs84 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Plus, I doubt many of these people that are boycotting are actually fans that spend money on them. I've actually seen comments from "boycotters" saying that they are boycotting them and that they are glad that they never spent any money on them to begin with. That's not how a boycott works.
    ethelu, lolita55, Hil and 1 others like this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Thanks so much, D!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I've just watched BBC4's screening of highlights from the CMA award show. (Unlike Sky Arts, who screened it for the last two years, and gave it two hours, BBC4 only gave it one)

Generally, I was pleased with the coverage - with one big exception. Carrie's hymn, which has been widely praised as the most emotional moment in the show, and was probably the pivotal component of the "unity" theme, was completely missing from the BBC coverage, and not even mentioned. (I cannot say whether this was a programming decision of the producers, or whether it was affected by limitations on the extent of the rights they negotiated with the American network).

From my point of view, it was not a total loss, as I have seen videos of the performance posted - though I would have liked to see the full television experience - and I would guess that many dedicated Carrie fans would also already have seen it. But nevertheless, from the perspective of the general public, it's a significant loss, as it would have been an opportunity for exposure of an aspect of her talent and charisma, in capturing a moment and conveying an emotion, they might not be familiar with.

(Carrie popped up occasionally in brief announcements, but her main moments in this edited coverage were the political jokes from the monologue, shown at the start, and the sequence when she sung with Alan Jackson (which was probably a big moment for her), which they used to end the transmission.)
    txacar likes this.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12