Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Carrie at the Opry Dec. 9 (2 shows)

Concert Stars
    You're right ^ and I know that.....but I really hope her face isn't hurt. The thing she's always said about Mike getting hurt, "Not on His Face" !!
    Suellen and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    I didn't read anything into Mike's beautiful thank you note and I'm not worried, just wishing she didn't have to go through this. Her body has to be very sore and with bruises, cuts and lacerations so I think it's understandable she would not want to dress in uncomfortable clothes and shoes to perform at Opry. Makes me hurt to think about it. Praying she will heal quickly.
    Thanks, your post makes me feel better about Carrieís injuries, but Iím still worried.
    sd20, rainbow1, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I didn't read anything into Mike's beautiful thank you note and I'm not worried, just wishing she didn't have to go through this. Her body has to be very sore and with bruises, cuts and lacerations so I think it's understandable she would not want to dress in uncomfortable clothes and shoes to perform at Opry. Makes me hurt to think about it. Praying she will heal quickly.
    I really didnít read too much into it either.I wish she didnít have to go through it either.She is basically going to have to relearn to use her wrist again & I canít imagine how long thatís going to take to do all of that after an injury like that.My heart just breaks for her thinking of all the pain sheís going through & my prayers are continually with her,Mike & Isaiah as she continues to heal.I have to imagine the soreness only adds to her pain & that must suck.Wherever the bruises or lacerations are located,I have to imagine she might be a little self conscious going out anywhere in public & having people look at it would be quite unnerving.Trying to dress up for the Opry would probably be a nightmare for her & probably in very uncomfortable high heels knowing how much effort it would take to put those things on.The note Mike wrote was heartfelt & beautiful & reassured me that Carrie will be OK & that God is with them in this time of healing & recovery for her wrist.Hopefully this will heal quickly & that she will be back to old self in no time.My dad had trigger finger surgery 3 weeks ago & the healing has been a long process,but probably nothing compared to what Carrie is going through with her wrist & the pain sheís been dealing with.I pray that her healing & recovery is smooth without any complications & that she gets the rest she needs!!Love her,Mike & Isaiah so much!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    but the Opry shows are 3 weeks away. 3! I can't see her being so sore in 3 weeks that she couldn't perform.I would think a young, fit woman like Carrie would heal up any aches in 3 weeks.Just seems like there is still more to the story to me.
    glenn7 and oldyfan like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    but the Opry shows are 3 weeks away. 3! I can't see her being so sore in 3 weeks that she couldn't perform.I would think a young, fit woman like Carrie would heal up any aches in 3 weeks.Just seems like there is still more to the story to me.
    I didnít read too much into Mikeís post. I think he was referring to a bigger lesson than just this incident. Iíll admit I was surprised and concerned when she canceled the Opry appearance. If thereís more to the story they havenít chosen to share it and they have a right to privacy. All we can do is hope and pray for the best.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ agree, not disputing they have every right to privacy. I just think there's more to the story then what we know or what we may ever know
    oldyfan likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^ agree, not disputing they have every right to privacy. I just think there's more to the story then what we know or what we may ever know
    Honestly I tend to agree but I may just be a worrier. As I said all we can do is hope and pray.

Carrie Follower
    3 weeks is definitely a long way post-op. They could just take Smoke Break off the set list since she can't play guitar right now and keep her in one spot on the stage. Any scrapes or bruises should be fading/ disappeared by then. This also makes me think there's more to the story. I just REALLY REALLY hope she wasn't alone when she fell. Poor Mike too, that's probably a terrifying call to get while you're out of town.
    maddkat, liz278 and rainbow1 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    So all we know is :

1) She was in the emerg room
    2) broke her wrist
    3) had surgery

Any idea how she fell
    Was she alone
    Was it on the brick steps

darn!
    Did she had her son or her dogs with her (I hope Not) when she fell. So many questions little information.

Concert Stars
    I hope it is that she is upset about having to cancel the OK HOF induction as that is something she was looking forward to. I am really hoping it isn't anything more serious. I know that I would be depressed if I had to miss something like this. I am a natural worrier :-)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Countryfan2448 View Post
    Did she had her son or her dogs with her (I hope Not) when she fell. So many questions little information.
    As far as I know We have no info! Hopefully we'll hear more on how she is doing soon!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It’s sad Carrie had to postpone her appearance at the Opry. I hope she is feeling better and stronger every day. ❤️
    DizzyDollyDee and DaisyTweets like this.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12