Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree512Likes

Thread: Carrie at the Opry 9-22-17

Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    Sue ��*⚕️‏ @NurseSue76 2m2 minutes ago

Seeing @carrieunderwood at Reba's 40th Opry celebration was amazing!!!!

Concert Stars

Concert Stars

Concert Stars

Concert Stars

Thank you so much Donna for the audio caps!

Love her duet with Reba. Their voices blended well, hope they'll record a duet someday :-)

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    DHLY was sooooo amazing!!! Thanks Donna and anyone else who posted videos!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    this is some group of amazing talent right here

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Does she have her regular band? Doesn't sound like Sydney.
    Sydni was away at her cousin's wedding.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    AMAZING! The whole video was great. This was step one, now we need them to record a totally new duet!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @NashCntryDaily
    1m
    @reba celebrated the 40th anniversary of @opry debut w/ surprise appearances by @DollyParton & @carrieunderwood nashcountrydaily.com/2017/09/23/reb…

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    this is some group of amazing talent right here

now that's a keeper!!!
    adam1995, rainbow1, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    And there's the ever faithful Carrie notching two more appearances at the Opry. I think she's at 8 now so only 2 more to achieve her commitment. Thankfully for the Opry and US she takes her commitments seriously!!!!!

Why oh why is she the ONLY one from the recent inductees to take the honor seriously??????????
    Last edited by DaisyTweets; 09-23-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    Suellen, glenn7, rainbow1 and 5 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @opry
    44s
    Last night was a DREAM. Happy 40th #Opry debut anniversary, @reba!

iveycakestoreWhat an HONOR to make such a special cake for @reba and her 40 years at the @opry ❤️ What an awesome moment. Didn't hurt having @carrieunderwood and @dollypartonthere to celebrate too!! ---------------------------------------------- #Repost@opry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very cool celebration for Reba! I was starting to wonder when Carrie was going to have more Opry shows. Hopefully more to come! ☺

Insane Carrie Fan
    Too bad Dolly didn't sing. It would have been so cool for the three of them to sing together.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I was just thinking about the fact that they were celebrating the 40th anniversary of Reba's first appearance and it wasn't too long ago that they celebrated Carrie's 100th appearance. The celebrating is exciting and all but I find it sad that I believe that Carrie has more Opry appearances in her short 12 year career than Reba (and she had a big head start on Carrie).

I guess I don't understand why artists accept the invitation if they have no intention of fulfilling the commitment. How else do they expect the Opry to survive???

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    The Opry is widely misconstrued. It is (and always has been) a live performance and radio show. But many artists, journalists and fans tend to see it as more like a Hall of Fame - with membership being interpreted as a career accolade, putting an artist in with the "greats". The problem with that approach is that it leads to emotion and gratitude in the circle when they receive the honour - which is probably genuine, but temporary - but then gets put aside to move to the next stage of their career, instead of being seen as a commitment. A great deal of the Opry is concerned with "oldies", performing largely outside the contemporary chart scene, or with relatively little known newcomers making debuts (an aspect which increased significantly under Pete Fisher's management). Although it may not always seem that way to fans (and, let's face it, many fans of those stars do tend to ignore the Opry, except when a favourite artist is making a return there), the Opry does not primarily operate on a basis of offering "star" career performance opportunities, comparable to showcase events. Combined with the low financial rewards, the sad fact is that that tends to work against major career artists taking a break from their other activities for more than occasional "conscience" reunion appearances there. (I'm not justifying the attitude - simply saying that the Opry as a regular radio show, rooted in 90 years of the genre, doesn't gel with most current artists' view of their priorities)

I think why it may be different for Carrie is likely to stem from her personality, values, and the way she sees her her place in the genre. There are two views of Carrie, that I believe are rather narrowly founded stereotypes that fail to cover adequately how she sees herself. One is the non-fan view, that tends to see Carrie as the poster girl for the Mainstream industry, wholly embedded in a contemporary hit-making machine. The other is the fan view, that tends to see her as a global superstar, stratospherically transcending the Country world. Neither view strikes me as expressing the "real" Carrie. A side of her, of course, does revel in the success she gained, and will yet gain - but she's also more than that. For her Country Music is not just an arena to make her look good in - it's a legacy, a world she feels she belongs to, and an ongoing tradition which she wants to honour. For her the Opry is more than a quaint survival - albeit one whose history can give you a momentary honour - it's a way of expressing her identity and her roots in something she loves. I think it's probably no exaggeration to say that she and the Opry were made for each other (and that's something few others could claim)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    OMG........ Two of the greatest female singers in Country music ever on the stage together. This man just died and went to heaven........

Never did I think that DHLY would ever be done by both Queens of Country music...... That dream came true and it was true perfection......

Reba till this day totally blows me away with her voice and her stage presence..... She captivated me 30 years ago and still does to this day.......

Thanks for posting the video and soundclips........ It don't get any better than that.....

•  
    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast