Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1335
Like Tree4340Likes

Thread: 2017 CMA Awards

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I want her to do a Gospel album someday as a side project when she is between regular albums or pregnant etc. It would be easy like a Christmas Album--which I want first- because she wouldn't have to tour.

However I would not expect any awards. So many haters went after Carrie for even being at that Passion conference because they are mad at her for supporting gay marriage etc. And Christian radio would not play her songs like Temporary Home or See You Again or even Something in the Water. She got NO awards or even nominations for Something in the Water at the Gospel Music awards. While she did win for JTTW, that was before she lost the support of Christian radio etc because of songs like Last Name and Before he cheats- etc. One radio station told me flat out they would not play her music like Temporary Home etc. because some listeners were allegedly offended by her short skirts and songs like BHC or LN that somehow offended them.

So I hope she does the album for fun and for herself== but we should not expect Christian radio to play it or give her any awards.

If they snubbed a song as great as SITW- I think the writing is on the wall.

Thank God the Grammys loved SITW anyway.
    I would just LOVE a gospel album from Carrie someday as well.I think it’s a genre of music that her voice is very well suited for.I wouldn’t expect many awards for that either knowing that the backlash from the Passion conference earlier this year was swift & very harsh because of her stance on gay marriage.This is a sad example of why people don’t come to church or shun religion because they feel they will never be accepted because of their lifestyle choices or how they look or who they love.They are driving away people with their actions & hypocrisy & it saddens me.I don’t think the radio station realizes that they don’t speak for their listeners & that their listeners can make their own decision on what & who to listen to despite their claims to the contrary.I have a hard time believing that those radio station have alleged that people don’t like her music because they somehow got it into their heads that Last Name & Before He Cheats are just songs that Carrie sings & not how she lives her life outside of her music career.The whole her skirts are too short thing is ludicrous because it’s just an excuse so they can justify not playing any of her faith based songs on any of their stations.By today’s standards,her skirts & dresses are modest than say,the girls in Fifth Harmony,& they cover everything that they’re supposed to & no less & she still manages to look gorgeous & stunning at the same time no matter what event she’s at or attending.She IS allowed to show off the hard work she puts in getting the insane body that she has & she shouldn’t be ashamed to do so.I wouldn’t if I had her body!!What is this,the 1800s?Women are allowed to wear whatever they please & Carrie is no different.It’s sad that Christian radio will never play her because Carrie has such a huge platform that she’s able to draw people to Christ & his kingdom that would probably never listen to a Christian radio station from every walk of life & be able to appeal to people even if they aren’t Christians or even if they are.These radio stations aren’t exhibiting Christ like behavior & they make the whole Christian music community & Christians look bad by acting they’re doing such a great service to the genre as a whole by not playing her music that could draw more people to God & to her music as a whole.If the Christian music community & radio don’t play her,that’s their loss & it will backfire on them if they don’t watch themselves.Carrie will be fine without their support if that’s the way they’re going to treat her.
    ethelu, txacar, teesharky and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie’s performance of “Softly and Tenderly” moved me so much. I have been watching it back and I get goosebumps every time. It was a fitting tribute to the beautiful souls lost in Vegas and elsewhere. I hope they upload the performance to YouTube or iTunes. It deserves to go viral like HGTA did a few years ago. It is definitely up there in my all time Carrie performances. Just had to comment again. ❤️

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    Carrie’s performance of “Softly and Tenderly” moved me so much. I have been watching it back and I get goosebumps every time. It was a fitting tribute to the beautiful souls lost in Vegas and elsewhere. I hope they upload the performance to YouTube or iTunes. It deserves to go viral like HGTA did a few years ago. It is definitely up there in my all time Carrie performances. Just had to comment again. ❤️
    Still gives me goosebumps too! I’ve been rewatching it all weekend long

Junior Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    If anyone lives in australia, I noticed they are playing the CMAs this Saturday 18/11 in the middle of the day on free to air.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelu View Post
    Even though Carrie won't win awards or even be played on some of those Christian radio stations, I'll bet a whole ton of their listeners will buy her album. Look how excited the audience was at the Passion conference. It always amuses me that they don't like Carrie's short skirts. I mean, the Rockettes were wearing the same type of costumes in the 1950's. Do they not watch women's figure skating in the Olympics? Do these people not ever go swimming, or wear shorts? It's just nuts. Everybody knows Carrie not only talks and sings about her faith, she walks the walk.
    I follow a young duo, Sarah & Savannah Church (who also are kind enough to follow me back). It's interesting that the person who has posted one of their videos has added a remark that if anyone posts about the way they dress, he/she will delete the comment. He/she also adds a post upbraiding "raging maniacs" trying to work their way to Heaven by trashing other people, and says "Yes, I have read the Bible - I studied it in-depth 10-20 hours per week for years, and taught it in churches, homes and businesses for more than 40 years. I do know what it says."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1bDJCkWpxM
    liz278, ethelu, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I follow a young duo, Sarah & Savannah Church (who also are kind enough to follow me back). It's interesting that the person who has posted one of their videos has added a remark that if anyone posts about the way they dress, he/she will delete the comment. He/she also adds a post upbraiding "raging maniacs" trying to work their way to Heaven by trashing other people, and says "Yes, I have read the Bible - I studied it in-depth 10-20 hours per week for years, and taught it in churches, homes and businesses for more than 40 years. I do know what it says."

I like their singing and their attitude.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Wow, once again this morning, just a few minutes ago, our local Christian radio station played just a portion of Carrie's version of Softly & Tenderly. Before they played the clip, the female host said that she listens to this often and she said that Carrie is one that not only talks but she walks the walk of her faith in the public eye. She went on to say that this was a beautiful version of a classic hymn. Again, it was just a portion but was it ever awesome to hear it on the radio.

Man, I made the mistake of reading the comments section of an article about the 'Before he Tweets' spoof. What is wrong with people.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Wow, once again this morning, just a few minutes ago, our local Christian radio station played just a portion of Carrie's version of Softly & Tenderly. Before they played the clip, the female host said that she listens to this often and she said that Carrie is one that not only talks but she walks the walk of her faith in the public eye. She went on to say that this was a beautiful version of a classic hymn. Again, it was just a portion but was it ever awesome to hear it on the radio.
    Awesome!!
    DizzyDollyDee, rainbow1 and ethelu like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Has there been any word of Itunes offering Carrie's Softly & Tenderly to us - I can't believe all Christians wouldn't love a copy - I know I do!!!
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post

I love The Church Sisters. Saw them on Larry's Country Diner a few years ago, didn't realize they had been back on. Their "There's You" CD is really great.
    Farawayhills and ethelu like this.

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Does anyone have a link to the full show?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbk3 View Post
    Man, I made the mistake of reading the comments section of an article about the 'Before he Tweets' spoof. What is wrong with people.
    Trump has managed to tap into a very dark part of a percentage of people who now feel emboldened to express ideas that were once considered "disrespectful" and "immature". the idea of "to hell with politically correctness" means that mean-spirited people feel like they can say anything they want. One of the areas this is becoming most obvious is Americas hidden disrespect towards women. Even women are raised and culturally taught to disrespect each other. While men are raised and taught to respect each other. The idea that Carrie would take such public shame and the man standing next to her would get nothing speaks directly to how much America loves to beat up on women. Also, the idea that a bully and his worshippers would attack anyone who has anything negative to say about them just proves how truly weak they are. Ironic that they would call others snowflakes while the grind and nash their teeth at anything that threatens their ideas.

They are a small percent. And they have always beat up on Carrie. I don't pay attention anymore. They are like the Westboro Baptist Church, horrible people with ugly hate to spew at the world and they deserve to be ignored for the useless and meaningless rubbish they are.....

Ironic that God was speaking through Carrie that night. And guess who couldn't hear it? Those same people that call themselves Christians. Ironic much?

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Trump has managed to tap into a very dark part of a percentage of people who now feel emboldened to express ideas that were once considered "disrespectful" and "immature". the idea of "to hell with politically correctness" means that mean-spirited people feel like they can say anything they want. One of the areas this is becoming most obvious is Americas hidden disrespect towards women. Even women are raised and culturally taught to disrespect each other. While men are raised and taught to respect each other. The idea that Carrie would take such public shame and the man standing next to her would get nothing speaks directly to how much America loves to beat up on women. Also, the idea that a bully and his worshippers would attack anyone who has anything negative to say about them just proves how truly weak they are. Ironic that they would call others snowflakes while the grind and nash their teeth at anything that threatens their ideas.

They are a small percent. And they have always beat up on Carrie. I don't pay attention anymore. They are like the Westboro Baptist Church, horrible people with ugly hate to spew at the world and they deserve to be ignored for the useless and meaningless rubbish they are.....

Ironic that God was speaking through Carrie that night. And guess who couldn't hear it? Those same people that call themselves Christians. Ironic much?
    This started when they disrespected George Bush and started making fun of him on every comedy show. But it was exasperated when Obama was president and he started the great divide by always siding with criminals instead of police. The biggest misogynist was Bill Clinton. He actually raped women instead of make 1 statement. The far left are the ones that cannot hear different views.They have to have safe places and safety pins for safe people to talk too. Please realize the
    Media only presents what they want you to think. Please don’t believe everything you hear and do your own research. Don’t just believe a Facebook post or relie on twitter for your news. In fact turn it all off.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I have asked nicely to remove the political talk from this thread.It hasn't been so we're closing it
    txacar and ethelu like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667