Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood to be inducted into Oklahoma Hall of Fame

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    A broken wrist is way more than a 'simple broken wrist' or a 'mere broken wrist'. A broken wrist is a significant injury and can be quite painful. It's the type of injury that needs to be repaired correctly so as to heal properly to prevent future issues. And depending on the break and how many bones involved, it could be a complicated and delicate surgery to make the repair.

As well as we know Carrie, we know that being inducted into the HOF was/is a big deal to her and one she would consider a huge honor. I'd be willing to bet that she was looking forward to it. Don't you think that she would be there if it were at all possible for her to be? Maybe she asked them to postpone it so she could attend because it is a big deal to her and her loved ones.
    did anyone in this thread say Carrie didn't want to be there? No

simple broken wrist - they cast it she moves on, as happens all the time.If it's more then that and requires surgery then it's not a simple broken wrist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Read the news last night on Twitter. I'm sad for Carrie that she wasn't able to make her HOF induction. I'm sure she is very disappointed. Although to me, I don't know why they wouldn't automatically include her in next year's class. They should. She shouldn't have to be re-nominated like the one article indicated.

Others have already speculated about why she may not be able to attend, from surgery on her wrist, to cuts on her face or maybe her injuries are worse than stated, but I have to think that her injuries are not a lot worse than she stated. If they were, I would think she would have been kept in the hospital longer. As long as she didn't hit her head when she fell, then she probably wasn't even admitted to the hospital and probably stayed in the ER the whole time. At least, that is what I am going to hope.

Although I am sure it is very painful, hopefully the broken wrist was the worst of her injuries.
    maddkat, adam1995, Suellen and 8 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Read the news last night on Twitter. I'm sad for Carrie that she wasn't able to make her HOF induction. I'm sure she is very disappointed. Although to me, I don't know why they wouldn't automatically include her in next year's class. They should. She shouldn't have to be re-nominated like the one article indicated.

Others have already speculated about why she may not be able to attend, from surgery on her wrist, to cuts on her face or maybe her injuries are worse than stated, but I have to think that her injuries are not a lot worse than she stated. If they were, I would think she would have been kept in the hospital longer. As long as she didn't hit her head when she fell, then she probably wasn't even admitted to the hospital and probably stayed in the ER the whole time. At least, that is what I am going to hope.

Although I am sure it is very painful, hopefully the broken wrist was the worst of her injuries.
    Right. She was released later that same morning, that can't be too bad.
    oldyfan likes this.

New Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Right. She was released later that same morning, that can't be too bad.
    I hope not. I guess it's just a waiting game until she appears again. Hopefully she will update us or post on social media again before her Opry appearance on Dec. 9. That's a long time to be left wondering how she is!!!
    Carrieslegs84 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    The long article, with her picture, was on the second page of The Oklahoman today!!
    DizzyDollyDee, Gator and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I haven't posted in quite some time but felt I wanted to clarify about a broken wrist due to Carrie's injury. I hope for a speedy recovery for her. A broken wrist is not a simple injury. Many years ago when I was around Carrie's age I tripped on a curb in front of Wal-Mart. I put my hand out to stop the fall and broke my wrist. It was called a Colles fracture. Sometimes it requires surgery and sometimes it can be manipulated into place. Mine was manipulated by moving my hand back against my arm and then into place. It wasn't fun! I was placed in a cast for 6 weeks. I required pain medication for several days as it was extremely painful and I was very uncomfortable for several days. Once the cast was removed I had to have therapy for several months because I couldn't move my wrist in any direction. I pray that Carrie doesn't require surgery and is not in too much pain. I hope this gives you some idea about a "simple" broken wrist. I'm praying for Carrie everyday and hope her recovery is quick and without much pain.
    Smokyiiis, liz278, Suellen and 6 others like this.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kdprouty View Post
    I haven't posted in quite some time but felt I wanted to clarify about a broken wrist due to Carrie's injury. I hope for a speedy recovery for her. A broken wrist is not a simple injury. Many years ago when I was around Carrie's age I tripped on a curb in front of Wal-Mart. I put my hand out to stop the fall and broke my wrist. It was called a Colles fracture. Sometimes it requires surgery and sometimes it can be manipulated into place. Mine was manipulated by moving my hand back against my arm and then into place. It wasn't fun! I was placed in a cast for 6 weeks. I required pain medication for several days as it was extremely painful and I was very uncomfortable for several days. Once the cast was removed I had to have therapy for several months because I couldn't move my wrist in any direction. I pray that Carrie doesn't require surgery and is not in too much pain. I hope this gives you some idea about a "simple" broken wrist. I'm praying for Carrie everyday and hope her recovery is quick and without much pain.
    Thanks for the information. It helps us to understand what may be going on. A broken wrist can be as simple as a hairline fracture that just needs a cast for a few weeks up to what you describe. It would seem that Carrie's injury was more than just the hairline variety hopefully it wasn't too much worse.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Who is calling her injury simple? I keep seeing people putting quotation marks around simple.
    maddkat and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I don't think that any of us are trying to downplay the broken wrist. I think we are just trying to state or hope that it is the worst of her injuries. Her cancelled appearances have obviously caused concern among her fans, some wondering if her injuries are more serious than was stated by her PR team. I am hopeful that since she was released from the ER or hospital so quickly that her injuries are not any more serious than what has been stated, although obviously they are still keeping her from a couple of commitments this week. As you said, perhaps she is having surgery or is on pain medication that can make her groggy or disoriented, or as others have said she may have cuts and abrasions that are not easily hidden and in her line of work it would be understandable that she might not want to make public appearances in that condition.

Someone I know fell and broke her wrist and her occupation is a milliner (hat maker) so it was critical to her craft and I do know that it took quite some time for her to recover since the injury directly affected her livelihood. Carrie's broken wrist will obviously cause her some hardship as it heals, but hopefully not to that extent since she can still use the other hand to hold a microphone. It would only affect her daily life or trying to play an instrument, which she doesn't do that often. The only other thing it could affect would be if she had any photoshoots lined up for anything, but since any buzz about the album has gone silent, I'm going to assume she wouldn't have been doing anything like that between now and the new year. She was probably getting read to go into holiday mode for the most part.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

New Carrie Fan
    Who is calling her injury simple? I keep seeing people putting quotation marks around simple.
    I don't think anyone is calling her specific injury simple. People are just pointing out that there are numerous bones in the wrist, hand, and arm that can be affected by fractures and some wrist breaks are simpler to repair than others. We don't know exactly how Carrie's wrist is broken or what bones are involved, so I think the "simple" comes from people describing different types of wrist injuries, some of which are simpler or less serious than others. But again, we don't know the specifics of Carrie's break, so we can't say it was a simple fracture or a more complicated fracture.

Concert Stars
    Plus sometimes they can't even cast it right away. I am sure that she is in quite a bit of pain. Poor thing :-(

Praying for her.
    Carrieslegs84 and rainbow1 like this.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I think people are just quoting it because we don't know. My daughter broke her wrist once, didn't even come in from playing or report it until hours later, that was a simple hairline fracture and easily fixed with just a cast. Other breaks could obviously be much worse and require surgery. I think when we first heard about the accident we were all assuming/hoping that Carrie's was the former and it now appears it was likely more the latter.
    teesharky, Hil, Gator and 2 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by 69 meets 40 View Post
    I don't think anyone is calling her specific injury simple. People are just pointing out that there are numerous bones in the wrist, hand, and arm that can be affected by fractures and some wrist breaks are simpler to repair than others. We don't know exactly how Carrie's wrist is broken or what bones are involved, so I think the "simple" comes from people describing different types of wrist injuries, some of which are simpler or less serious than others. But again, we don't know the specifics of Carrie's break, so we can't say it was a simple fracture or a more complicated fracture.
    And we know it is not simple, but it would seem by the details we got that that is at most what it is, which of course is a lot, but has a straight forward answer to fixing, for the most part.
    Last edited by adam1995; 6 Days Ago at 06:50 AM.
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Bottom line: Carrie is a tough cookie who would not lightly skip a charity event she committed to or the big honor of being inducted into OK Hall of Fame. So I feared she had a concussion etc or something far worse than a broken wrist.

Hopefully it’s just what she said and I am over-reacting. I am
    sure she has the best doctors money can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Bottom line: Carrie is a tough cookie who would not lightly skip a charity event she committed to or the big honor of being inducted into OK Hall of Fame. So I feared she had a concussion etc or something far worse than a broken wrist.

I was thinking the cuts and abrasions might be on her face. Can't cover a raw sore with make-up.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    I was thinking the cuts and abrasions might be on her face. Can't cover a raw sore with make-up.
    I was thinking that too.Even the best makeup artist can’t cover cuts & abrasions without having to use a lot of concealer,foundation & powder.It just doesn’t work that way.I’m guessing that Carrie might feel a bit self conscious going out in public with cuts & abrasions & those might end up being shown in any photos that might’ve been taken of her.To me,that would be quite embarrassing & awkward.Any cuts,sores & abrasions just can’t be covered up with makeup no matter how hard a makeup artist tries to cover them up.Overall,I still feel really bad for her with this wrist.It has to be painful & not being able to do much of anything with the injury must be driving her crazy.Cancelling an event like this had to be heartbreaking for her knowing this was something she was looking forward to quite a bit.I will keep praying for her through this recovery process for her continued healing & for her to keep her spirits up!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

Here’s the thing,Tee.Even “tough cookies” experience pain & emotion & they’re not immune to experience feelings of pain & suffering & disappointment like the rest of us.This had to break her heart emotionally to have to cancel this induction,because we all know how badly she wanted to be there.This had to be a hard decision to make to not be able to make the induction ceremony.All I know is,is that the wrist must’ve really hurt when she broke it,so we know we she is in good hands with whatever doctor she has for this injury.Even “tough cookies” experience pain & loss at one time or another & emotion will always somehow always be in the mix somewhere along the way.
    ethelu and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower sweetsugarcandyman's Avatar
    The way she tweeted the other day I’m not surprised. She said it may take some time. I think that was a hint she wouldn’t be around for a while.

I don’t think they would have announced the Opry shows if she couldn’t make it though.

It’s so odd that she is no longer in the running to be inducted. Like she has to be nominated and all that again. You would think they just reschedule.

Concert Stars
    ^^ that’s what gets me. Should be automatic. With her I’m sure it will be but sure seems odd. Wonder if this has ever happened before and someone did NOT make the induction list the next year? Wouldn’t that be something?? !!
    rainbow1 and Suellen like this.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    ^^ that’s what gets me. Should be automatic. With her I’m sure it will be but sure seems odd. Wonder if this has ever happened before and someone did NOT make the induction list the next year? Wouldn’t that be something?? !!
    I have no idea about the history but that would make the HOF look really bad.
    maddkat and rainbow1 like this.

•  
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast