Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree356Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood to be inducted into Oklahoma Hall of Fame

Carrie Follower
    That's devastating. Must have been a heck of a fall. Hope she's okay!

I wonder if she fell going UP the steps instead of DOWN. I've fallen both ways. Broke 4 bones in my hand, had 14 stitches on my forehead, and had a concussion from hitting my head falling while going up a flight of stairs. Greater risk of injury, in my opinion. Regardless, I hope she's okay. Is there any more info on her fall? The statement just said she fell "on" some stairs, so it didn't specify the direction she was going.

Concert Stars
    Really sad and scary! I feel like they may have undersold the true extent of her injuries. She would never miss her OK induction for a simple broken wrist and cuts. It must be far worse than they are letting on. I definitely think she would attend the OK thing if it were just a wrist issue.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    I just read Carrie wonít be inducted on Thursday. I feel so bad for her. Hope it will happen soon.

Carrie Underwood won't be inducted into Oklahoma Hall of Fame Thursday after being injured in a fall | News OK

Wow it must be more serious than they are letting on! No way would she miss such an important event for a mere broken wrist. It must be much worse than we thought! Poor Carrie.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Really sad and scary! I feel like they may have undersold the true extent of her injuries. She would never miss her OK induction for a simple broken wrist and cuts. It must be far worse than they are letting on. I definitely think she would attend the OK thing if it were just a wrist issue.
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. Carrie is not the kind of person to wimp out over a broken wrist. It has to be more serious than her reps have said.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    So just because she can't be there, she can't be inducted, that's pretty stupid? Unless, she specifically asked to not be inducted because she can't attend, that sort of makes sense, but I hope they didn't rescind the induct because of her situation.

Agree thats pretty harsh. The article made it sound like she cannot he inducted if she fails to attend but that they will renew the invitation another year. Hmmm. How odd.
    Hil, adam1995, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Hil
    Agree thats pretty harsh. The article made it sound like she cannot he inducted if she fails to attend but that they will renew the invitation another year. Hmmm. How odd.
    I'm sure it's more to honor them with a ceremony. Worried about Carrie. I'm sure she'll be okay, but sounds like she was hurt pretty bad.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I thought it was worse than they said.. Well I am so sad for her. She was so looking forward to it Iím sure. I pray for her healing and hope her recovery goes well. She still may need surgery to repair that wrist.
    Last edited by mofan; 11-13-2017 at 06:43 PM. Reason: mispell

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I'm a little surprised that if you miss the induction, for unavoidable reasons, you are only "eligible to be considered" for a future induction. (However, I'm not sure how it works, and perhaps the ceremony involves aspects for which the participant's presence, in connection with their activities in a particular year, is essential.) I'm confident that it will happen again.

Edit: After typing that, I remembered they do induct people who are deceased - making it even more surprising that they won't mark her induction in her absence, if it's for good reasons.

Carrie's injuries do seem worse than brief accounts might suggest. I'm really sorry for her, and hope she heals quickly.

I'm so worried. Agree, she would never miss the induction over a broken wrist. They would've already stabilized the fracture by now with a cast. Unless surgery is required that's why she can't attend?
    Hil, teesharky, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by 69 meets 40 View Post
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. Carrie is not the kind of person to wimp out over a broken wrist. It has to be more serious than her reps have said.
    She usually powers through these things,so it must be more serious than we thought.Just a thought,maybe Carrie didnít say anything more because she didnít want us fans to worry.Maybe she felt that releasing any more details about her injuries wasnít necessary unless she really felt the need to release any details that the public needed to know.For a healthy young woman to have an injury like this,tells me that it is more serious than either her or her rep is letting on.When I heard this news,my heart broke.You hate for anything to happen to anyone in your own life,but when itís someone you follow & admire like Carrie,it hurts even more because you feel like itís a member of your own family that got hurt & you want to help them & take away their pain,but you feel helpless.I feel the same way about Carrie & continual prayers will be going up for her continued healing & recovery!!
    teesharky, rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Agree. When Carrie hurt her ankle on tour that one year- she was up and at it very soon in a cast. She didn't let it stop her. So she is not the kind of person to be wimpy and skip because of a few cuts or bruises and a broken wrist. She is not even performing at the Induction so she would not have to sing-- just sit there and enjoy her moment. She could easily attend with a sling and a cast.

Also- the way Charlie Daniels tweeted- I was a bit worried. He made it sound serious for sure.
    Hil, MSCarriefan, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

I'm so worried. Agree, she would never miss the induction over a broken wrist. They would've already stabilized the fracture by now with a cast. Unless surgery is required that's why she can't attend?
    Hil, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    My friend broke his wrist in a mountain bike crash last year. Had to have surgery to place pins to make sure it would heal correctly. Surgery was 5 days after he wrecked, and he was out of the hospital the next day. Surgically fixing fractures is a fairly simple and non-invasive surgery. Even if Carrie had surgery to fix the break, she'd be able to attend an induction late next week (probably not perform, but definitely be there).

I hope she'll update us soon. I know after she fell on stage that one time, she posted a pic of her boot and was on stage a short time later. That's what leads me to believe it's more serious than she's letting on. I'm just grateful she wasn't carrying Penny, Ace, or Isaiah when she fell!!
    Last edited by 69 meets 40; 11-13-2017 at 07:12 PM. Reason: typo!

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    They probably plan to induct her next year when she can attend. That will be better for everybody. I share the concern however that her injuries must be worse than originally indicated. I kind of got that vibe from her tweet. Iím sure she will be fine but it sounds like itís not just a simple broken wrist and some bruises. Her next public appearance isnít for a few weeks so she should be fine by then.

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^ Agree. When Carrie hurt her ankle on tour that one year- she was up and at it very soon in a cast. She didn't let it stop her. So she is not the kind of person to be wimpy and skip because of a few cuts or bruises and a broken wrist. She is not even performing at the Induction so she would not have to sing-- just sit there and enjoy her moment. She could easily attend with a sling and a cast.

Also- the way Charlie Daniels tweeted- I was a bit worried. He made it sound serious for sure.
    I'm sure Charlie Daniels doesn't know details about what happened, so I wouldn't read too much into his tweet.

If it was really serious I don't think Carrie would have updated us and made it sound minor. I really don't think she'd minimize it if it was truly serious. Also, when is this, Thursday? She might have to have surgery that day, so she literally couldn't attend. My mom broke her ankle once on a Monday and they couldn't operate on her until the next Monday, because the doctor wasn't available. Could be that simple. I obviously feel sorry for her, but I don't see it as super serious, as of now.

Concert Stars
    I really hope it was Carrie who tweeted that tweet and not Mike or a friend.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    My guess is Mike. Could also depend on if she broke her right wrist or left wrist. She's right handed, so if she broke her right wrist, that's a more significant handicap than if she broke the wrist of her non-dominant hand.

Concert Stars
    Gosh for a short while I thought there might have been a chance to hear Oklahoma Wind. Seriously though, it had to have been worse than a fractured wrist for her to be unable to join the audience right? I never thought about someone else tweeting for her but I guess that’s possible by all means
    Suellen and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    Well I think they were her words but she might have had help with the actual typing with a broken wrist & all.

Maybe she chipped/broke some teeth when she fell and needs to have them fixed.Or maybe she'll be having surgery on the wrist.Or maybe he has facial cuts & bruises and doesn't want to attend.Maybe one day we'll know. :-)

Next public appearance is the Opry Dec. 9 so hopefully she's raring to go by then.
    Suellen, rainbow1, ethelu and 3 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    A broken wrist is way more than a 'simple broken wrist' or a 'mere broken wrist'. A broken wrist is a significant injury and can be quite painful. It's the type of injury that needs to be repaired correctly so as to heal properly to prevent future issues. And depending on the break and how many bones involved, it could be a complicated and delicate surgery to make the repair.

As well as we know Carrie, we know that being inducted into the HOF was/is a big deal to her and one she would consider a huge honor. I'd be willing to bet that she was looking forward to it. Don't you think that she would be there if it were at all possible for her to be? Maybe she asked them to postpone it so she could attend because it is a big deal to her and her loved ones.

•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast