Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Grady Smith's Carrie Underwood Wednesdays

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Her ability is breathtaking, loved that line...... So so true....

He does look so much better with the trimmed beard....... Almost like a whole new person..
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

I think he looks a lot like Dierks Bentley!
    DazzledByCarrie and rainbow1 like this.

Its hard to believe that he never saw that performance! It was everywhere!! Lol
    Kizmet311 and txacar like this.

Fix You!

Last edited by maddkat; 05-31-2017 at 08:22 PM. Reason: embedded video

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    I feel like I'm in the minority because Fix You isn't my favorite. Don't get me wrong, she, of course, did it amazingly, but I'm really excited for him to do Neon Moon. That's what Fix You was up against in the poll this week, so I'm hoping it wins next week. One of her all-time best in my opinion.
    hjj likes this.

Concert Stars
    What major covers are left? I'm not sure there are enough to last until we get new Carrie music.

Remember When
    All is Well
    Neon Moon
    Yesterday
    Instant Karma
    Take Me Home, Country Roads
    Desperado
    San Antonio Rose
    Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man
    The Sound of Music
    Alone
    Go Your Own Way
    I Remember You
    Patience
    Sweet Child o' Mine
    November Rain
    Summer of 69
    Never Tear Us Apart
    Sweet Emotion
    CMT Crossroads with Steven Tyler
    Walk this Way/Undo It (ACM Awards with Steven Tyler)
    Stop Dragging My Heart Around
    Play it Again (Luke Bryan)
    See You Again (Wiz Khalifa mashup)

others ??

^ Stand by your man
    Home sweet home
    Broken wing
    I'll stand by you
    Praying for time
    It had to be you
    Different drum
    Everybody hurts
    Never tear us apart
    maddkat likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ Always on MY Mind
    Is It Still Over
    Look At Me
    Voices Carry
    brenda218 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On from her tribute at the Opry.
    maddkat, Kizmet311 and brenda218 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    9 to 5
    You're Looking at Country
    brenda218 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    ^ Stand by your man
    Home sweet home
    Broken wing
    I'll stand by you
    Praying for time
    It had to be you
    Different drum
    Everybody hurts
    Never tear us apart
    Different Drum is a great one.
    lizcarlo and brenda218 like this.

Concert Stars
    Did this just stop?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Did this just stop?
    @gradywsmith
    Carrie Underwood Wednesdays we're the only thing about my channel that felt like a monkey on my back! I'll still react to her... In my time!

@gradywsmith Jun 23More
    My goal is to keep my channel a fun hobby. I get obsessed w/ new projects, but I don't wanna crash and burn. So I'm just going slow!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sd20, Suellen, lizcarlo and 6 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Interesting when he mentioned "I like Western Swing Carrie", that is the style I would like to see incorporated in some of her albums...... That style is always so fun to listen to.... And who best to nail a great western swing song with that natural but yet powerful vocals......
    ethelu and brenda218 like this.

Concert Stars
    He does one song per week & it stresses him out to meet that deadline. Oh the humanity, oh the pressure, oh the BS! Good grief.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    He does one song per week & it stresses him out to meet that deadline. Oh the humanity, oh the pressure, oh the BS! Good grief.
    He does this because he loves Carrie & thinks she's insanely talented,which she is so I could see why he doesn't want to disappoint the fandom!!If we're putting pressure on him to do these reviews,we need to stop & let him do it in his own way & his own time.I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not with this post,but if you're actually being serious,you might want to rethink the way that came out.He doesn't owe us anything & if you think he does,then I think that your expectations are too high & unrealistic.He does this as a passion project & he doesn't have to but he does because he thinks that Carrie is crazy talented vocally & deserves more credit that the rest of the general music world doesn't.There's not a lot of other singers that could do what Carrie does vocally & so effortlessly that it leaves us all in shock & awe on how she's able to do that every time without even blinking an eye.That he even does this even when he doesn't have to,shows that he loves doing this & that he's the only one even willing to give Carrie any credit at all when the rest of the music world keeps putting these singers out that some people probably won't even remember 20 years from now.That you even think he owes us Carrie fans ANYTHING,is a bit incredulous to me & almost sounds like you think that is Carrie fans are entitled to ANYTHING from Grady when we should be honored that he does this at all!!When someone loves an artist as much as Grady probably loves Carrie,we should be patient & not stress him out when he doesn't post a review on time & let him do it on his own timeline.My rant is over!!
    brenda218 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    He does this because he loves Carrie & thinks she's insanely talented,which she is so I could see why he doesn't want to disappoint the fandom!!If we're putting pressure on him to do these reviews,we need to stop & let him do it in his own way & his own time.I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not with this post,but if you're actually being serious,you might want to rethink the way that came out.He doesn't owe us anything & if you think he does,then I think that your expectations are too high & unrealistic.He does this as a passion project & he doesn't have to but he does because he thinks that Carrie is crazy talented vocally & deserves more credit that the rest of the general music world doesn't.There's not a lot of other singers that could do what Carrie does vocally & so effortlessly that it leaves us all in shock & awe on how she's able to do that every time without even blinking an eye.That he even does this even when he doesn't have to,shows that he loves doing this & that he's the only one even willing to give Carrie any credit at all when the rest of the music world keeps putting these singers out that some people probably won't even remember 20 years from now.That you even think he owes us Carrie fans ANYTHING,is a bit incredulous to me & almost sounds like you think that is Carrie fans are entitled to ANYTHING from Grady when we should be honored that he does this at all!!When someone loves an artist as much as Grady probably loves Carrie,we should be patient & not stress him out when he doesn't post a review on time & let him do it on his own timeline.My rant is over!!
    No one owes anyone anything & I really don't care if he does these things or not, but for him to be stressing out over a 6 minute video once a week is just plain weird. What does he do when there is something really life shaking on his agenda. You rant all you want, but I never said I THINK he owes anyone anything, as I said, he can do these things or not & I have never commented on his videos, nor have I ever pressured him to meet some sort of deadline. And if you have followed this place long enough you will note that I am one of the few that is always incredulous when the fanbase around here gets so up in arms about some perceived slight that just doesn't exist except in the minds of those that think she should be first & foremost on the top of everyone's pecking order. There is entirely too much time spent hand wringing & woe is meing & if someone is taking that tact with the guy doing the videos then shame on them.
    txacar likes this.

He does this with other artists but wasn't getting many hits on his youtube site. If he's going to cut back on writing he needs more spins/activity to generate $$. I think he saw Carrie's fan base as an opportunity but underestimated how rabid we can be with a project that involves validating what we already know. I also think he was overwhelmed at the number of covers she has done and no longer wanted to take the time to listen to them, select one, and do his critique. Good luck to him. I was excited at first, but I now find his youtube channel and his critiques, including Carrie's, a little boring.

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    It is boring now for me.
    sd20 and txacar like this.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12