Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 2017 Official Fan Club Party Open for Entry for Fan Club Members

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I went and looked and I still have the email from the very FIRST fan club party in 2007, lol. It lasted from 2-6, there was a Q&A, and we got to vote on a cover song for her to sing (Alone was the winner). It was held in the Acuff Theater that year.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I'm sorry you are upset. It can be frustrating, certainly. The system, as far as I know, is completely random and the guest list is likely computer generated by pure chance. Yes, Donna and I have been members of the fan club since the day it opened, but I know that I, at least, am not active on the fan club forums at all. I'm a member for the M&G/fan club party opportunities and presale tickets and that's it (especially since Carrie doesn't post or blog anymore). And I echo what Donna said about M&Gs - some people have had multiple M&Gs and I've had one way back during the Love, Pain & Whole Crazy Carnival Ride Tour with Keith even though I've entered the M&G contests for every tour since then (and some tours I attended twice). Those chances are even more slim, because I think it's only around 10 fan club members that are chosen for M&Gs each show. It would be nice if they somehow filtered out people who had been awarded M&Gs multiple times until everyone has had the chance to meet her the same number of times, but it just doesn't work that way (for the fan club party either).

Anyway, you can certainly be mad at the system if you want, but I don't think it will ever change from a system of complete luck of the draw to a more accounted for system where who wins is chosen based on who hasn't won before.
    Sorry if my post sounded harsh and angry.This whole process is really new to me because I just joined the fan club & I'm really not aware of how it really works & how the fan club party is conducted.I had to get that off of my chest &I feel badly about how it came out & I truly apologize for that.Pure chance still sucks,though.I just want this so badly for me and other fan club members that I've read on here and on Twitter than can actually make it to the party & have to sacrifice time and money just to get to the party.If it happens for me,that's great!If not,I'll have to live with it and deal with the disappointment of not getting to go to the party.As my dad says,it is what it is when it comes to not always getting what you want in life.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ looked back at 2011, yes I still have the rsvp email, and they said entering did not guarantee entry, forward to 2015 and they say space is very limited.

I suspect the fcp will be back in Studio A again like the last 2 years.
    Any ideas as to why she'd have it in a smaller room and not the main Opry stage like in 2014? One would think she would like as many as her fans to be there as possible :( I was hoping to make my first ever trip to Nashville for this so I'm still super bummed!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I went and looked and I still have the email from the very FIRST fan club party in 2007, lol. It lasted from 2-6, there was a Q&A, and we got to vote on a cover song for her to sing (Alone was the winner). It was held in the Acuff Theater that year.
    I remember that. Only fanclub party I have gotten to attend! I wonder I they will livestream the party this year like they did for one of the prior ones. Let’s hope they do!
    Kizmet311 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriethequeen View Post
    Any ideas as to why she'd have it in a smaller room and not the main Opry stage like in 2014? One would think she would like as many as her fans to be there as possible I was hoping to make my first ever trip to Nashville for this so I'm still super bummed!
    We probably won't know until the day of why they chose to have it in Studio A instead of the main Opry house and maybe not even then. She used to have it the same morning as the Tuesday night Opry, so I don't think it would be an issue with a conflicting event like rehearsals (which would have been true for the very first party where rehearsals were taking place at the same time as the party since it was in the afternoon). I really can't speculate why they would choose the smaller venue when it seems they are going back to the mini-concert format, but we'll let you all know more details when we get additional information or after the event.

Edit: Edited to say that we actually don't know yet if it's in Studio A or the main Opry House. The venue hasn't been announced. We're just speculating that it's in Studio A due to the invitation saying very limited attendance.
    Last edited by Kizmet311; 05-16-2017 at 07:26 AM.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    I remember that. Only fanclub party I have gotten to attend! I wonder I they will livestream the party this year like they did for one of the prior ones. Let’s hope they do!
    That was the BEST fan club party ever. I need to find my photo that was taken that day - didn't they print them on site for us to pick up as we left the party? I don't even know for sure where my M&G photo has gotten to from 2008. I'm pretty sure that's back when they took the M&G photos on your own camera. I have two photos with Carrie and no clue where either of them are at!

The only thing that could make this one better is if she sings Chaser!
    jimshoe likes this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    Another round of invites went out, so check your emails.

On another note: Is it possible that winning a Meet and Greet within the past year disqualifies you from getting an FCP invite?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    That was the BEST fan club party ever. I need to find my photo that was taken that day - didn't they print them on site for us to pick up as we left the party? I don't even know for sure where my M&G photo has gotten to from 2008. I'm pretty sure that's back when they took the M&G photos on your own camera. I have two photos with Carrie and no clue where either of them are at!

The only thing that could make this one better is if she sings Chaser!
    They did print them for us to pick us as we left and I still have mine. It was a great party! Here's hoping they go back to that this year.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    If anyone that was invited hasn't checked their email yet, they were sent earlier this evening.

Also, if I am reading the email correctly, it says that there will be a "photo with Carrie for EACH INVITED MEMBER". I can't believe it! I think we're getting individual photo ops instead of a group photo! I have to make up for that M&G I had back in 2008 that was completely awkward, lol.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^I saw that.Still not sure it means individual pics.Be cool though.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I hope it does. I feel like the last couple of years they clearly said there would be a group photo, but maybe not.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower montdu39's Avatar
    So she performed Mexico, Relapse, GYTIA, and LINLYA! I want videos! I'm dying to see Mexico live! Those notes!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    She also sang Chaser, Little Girl Don't Grow Up Too Fast, and CCA (because she said she felt like it was a fan fave, which it is!)! Between myself and Donna, we got videos of everything except Mexico. It was the first song and I did get some snippets of the high notes at the end, but that was it. I haven't decided whether or not to post the videos publicly since I'm sure we weren't supposed to be taking video.

I'm not going to go into too much detail here. I'll post a thread with my Fan Club Party experience and some pictures when I have more time. Donna is at CMA Fest until Sunday, but I'm sure she'll post her pictures when she gets back home. I know she already posted some of the Opry shows.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by montdu39 View Post
    So she performed Mexico, Relapse, GYTIA, and LINLYA! I want videos! I'm dying to see Mexico live! Those notes!
    those notes is right, OMG
    I regret not videoing Mexico :-(

my pics https://www.facebook.com/donna.durbi...0192458&type=3

glenn7, Kizmet311, Suellen and 6 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here is very short clip. Its basically video of that note at the end.

Here's anther video on Pulse. Its of Relapse.

Carrie Underwood | "Storyteller" | Signs with UMG Nashville | Pulse Music Board
    lolita55, Cps235, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Don't tell me there's no Mexico video?!?!?! THE ONE TIME SHE PERFORMS IT!

Btw I'm curious to know whether other artists have their fanclub parties at the Opry too or is it just Carrie who specially selects this as the place?
    rainbow1 likes this.

I so hope there will be videos, cause I would love to see her performances of Relapse, Mexico and LINLYA.
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Momin View Post
    Btw I'm curious to know whether other artists have their fanclub parties at the Opry too or is it just Carrie who specially selects this as the place?
    as far as I know it's only Carrie

as far as the lack of videos....they asked us not to video the fcp so I imagine most that have videos only share them with friends
    rainbow1, Suellen and ethelu like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    as far as I know it's only Carrie

as far as the lack of videos....they asked us not to video the fcp so I imagine most that have videos only share them with friends
    Oh since the album release, I was hoping to see performance of Relapse.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast