Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 2017 Official Fan Club Party Open for Entry for Fan Club Members

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    I haven't & I just joined the fan club within the past week so that makes me doubly nervous because I don't know if I hurt my chances of winning an invite if I just joined the fan club as opposed to someone who's been a part of it since the very beginning.What is the email supposed to look like if I get an invite or if I don't get one?
    I think it's totally random - computer generated. That's why some people have had multiple meet and greets at concerts and I've only had 1 and I've been a member of the fan club since it's inception almost 10 years ago.

They really really shouldn't say they are starting to send emails on May 11th if they aren't going to do it. The stress is real y'all! I dreamed last night that I was selected to go to the party, but instead of it being at the Opry, it was in Franklin, TN (probably because we were talking about Franklin at lunch yesterday) at some old/historic house or venue. She did a large group photo and it was kind of like a luncheon and we were all waiting for Carrie to go around and chat with each table, lol. Only in my dreams, lol.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is worse than watching paint dry. I just emailed sparkart, lol. I was wondering a couple of days ago why this week seemed like it was taking so long...I think this is why. I thought it was because I'm not as busy at work as I have been the last month, but no, I think it's because I'm so freaking anxious waiting to find out whether or not I get to go to the OFC party.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    Same. I've refreshed my email obsessively. This is the first year I've ever been able to go, so I'm dying to get in. The wait is killing me.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Someone over at the OFC emailed Sparkart last night and they confirmed that no invites were sent yesterday and "hope" it would be later today.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    emails have been sent, looking like everyone is getting invited.I'm real happy about that.The more the merrier.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    emails have been sent, looking like everyone is getting invited.I'm real happy about that.The more the merrier.
    My sister and I both haven't gotten an email yet and I'm worried...if we BOTH don't win then I guess we just have really bad luck!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Got my invite. There are a few over on the OFC that haven't gotten an email yet either. I cannot wait. I haven't been to a "real" fan club party since 2011. I'm not counting the one at the Opry in 2015, lol. It was fun and I did get pics with Chad and Carol, but my friend had a better view of Carrie with her second row seat at the Opry than I did at the party, lol.

Now I just have to decide if this going to be a down and back in one day kind of trip by myself or if I can talk the hubby into going down the day before for a little mini-getaway. I doubt the party would last much more than 2 hours, so he should be able to kill some time at the mall.
    rainbow1 and Suellen like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Quote Originally Posted by carriethequeen View Post
    My sister and I both haven't gotten an email yet and I'm worried...if we BOTH don't win then I guess we just have really bad luck!
    It's a no go for me right now too

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I hope that those of you that haven't gotten invitations yet get them. Maybe they are doing more than one round of emails?
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I hope that those of you that haven't gotten invitations yet get them. Maybe they are doing more than one round of emails?
    That's what I'm hoping... they do word it as "emails will start to go out May 11..." so maybe they are sent out in phases? Or maybe if people won and decide not to make the trip to Nashville more tickets will be released? The wait is just torture though

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I hope they do too,because if I don't get an invite to the party,I'll be really .This whole system to me of certain people getting to go to the party & other fan club members not getting invited just seems really unfair to me,imo.At this point,I'm starting to lose hope & that really sucks!!Is this the way its always been to go to the fan club party?
    glenn7 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I hope they do too,because if I don't get an invite to the party,I'll be really .This whole system to me of certain people getting to go to the party & other fan club members not getting invited just seems really unfair to me,imo.At this point,I'm starting to lose hope & that really sucks!!Is this the way its always been to go to the fan club party?
    Yes,it's the way it's always been.Its the same way m&gs work.
    glenn7 and Suellen like this.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Yes,it's the way it's always been.Its the same way m&gs work.
    But you got an invite right away,didn't you?You've probably been a part of the fan club for a long time while I just joined within the past week so I'm guessing you'd be a higher priority because you've been part of it for much long than I have.I have some vague idea of how the meet & greets work & I'm guessing this is how they work.I'm sorry if I sound mean,but I'm just stating my opinion that it seems really unfair that you'd get chosen for the party & not me & others who are just as bigger fans of Carrie as I am.I know that you have no control over how this all works,but to me as a newbie,this system just seems unfair,in my opinion.It must be nice to be a higher priority on that fan club party list than me & others who didn't get invites & get picked ahead of others who didn't.I'm sorry if I sound mean,but in my honest opinion,this thing seems really rigged if you & certain other people get chosen and others don't.I'm just venting,but people are sacrificing their time & money to get to Nashville to go to the party & the system should be fair to those who can actually make it to the party.This has been bothering me for a few days and I needed to get that off of my chest to state how I feel about this.

Concert Stars
    I've never been either and I've been a fan club member since it first started. No email invite so lol, won't be going either. I hope they didn't honestly say they were sending invites to everyone because then I would feel really really bad that I was the only one that didn't get one.
    glenn7 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    But you got an invite right away,didn't you?You've probably been a part of the fan club for a long time while I just joined within the past week so I'm guessing you'd be a higher priority because you've been part of it for much long than I have.I have some vague idea of how the meet & greets work & I'm guessing this is how they work.I'm sorry if I sound mean,but I'm just stating my opinion that it seems really unfair that you'd get chosen for the party & not me & others who are just as bigger fans of Carrie as I am.I know that you have no control over how this all works,but to me as a newbie,this system just seems unfair,in my opinion.It must be nice to be a higher priority on that fan club party list than me & others who didn't get invites & get picked ahead of others who didn't.I'm sorry if I sound mean,but in my honest opinion,this thing seems really rigged if you & certain other people get chosen and others don't.I'm just venting,but people are sacrificing their time & money to get to Nashville to go to the party & the system should be fair to those who can actually make it to the party.This has been bothering me for a few days and I needed to get that off of my chest to state how I feel about this.
    Yes, I've been a member since the first day.

I really have no idea how they choose who they choose, but I wasn't chosen last year.Plus I was 0 for 4 on m&gs for the Storyteller Tour.Actually I've had just m&g and that was back in 2008.So I don't think it's how long you've been in the FC.
    Suellen and Kizmet311 like this.

I don't really think it's based on how long you've been in the fan club. I've been a member since about '09, and I didn't get one. Lots of people have been long time members and rarely ever win anything. I think there are a lot more people who are members than appear to be and they just don't participate in the fandom a lot.
    glenn7, Kizmet311 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm sorry you are upset. It can be frustrating, certainly. The system, as far as I know, is completely random and the guest list is likely computer generated by pure chance. Yes, Donna and I have been members of the fan club since the day it opened, but I know that I, at least, am not active on the fan club forums at all. I'm a member for the M&G/fan club party opportunities and presale tickets and that's it (especially since Carrie doesn't post or blog anymore). And I echo what Donna said about M&Gs - some people have had multiple M&Gs and I've had one way back during the Love, Pain & Whole Crazy Carnival Ride Tour with Keith even though I've entered the M&G contests for every tour since then (and some tours I attended twice). Those chances are even more slim, because I think it's only around 10 fan club members that are chosen for M&Gs each show. It would be nice if they somehow filtered out people who had been awarded M&Gs multiple times until everyone has had the chance to meet her the same number of times, but it just doesn't work that way (for the fan club party either).

Anyway, you can certainly be mad at the system if you want, but I don't think it will ever change from a system of complete luck of the draw to a more accounted for system where who wins is chosen based on who hasn't won before.
    Carrieslegs84 and glenn7 like this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I've never been either and I've been a fan club member since it first started. No email invite so lol, won't be going either. I hope they didn't honestly say they were sending invites to everyone because then I would feel really really bad that I was the only one that didn't get one.
    I don't believe they've ever said, in any year, that everyone would be invited. We know that in the early years when she did the mini-concert in the main Opry house that pretty much everyone who entered the contest got in, just because there was so much space and there was no personal interaction with Carrie save for a few that got to play games with her onstage. The email for this year, though, did say that space was "very limited". I don't know if that's the exact wording that was used in those early years, since I can't remember, but they definitely didn't give the indication that everyone would get to go - quite the opposite.

The last two years have been odd scenarios with the party going on at the same time as her Opry performance. I went the first year of that, but not last year. It was definitely a smaller crowd, simply because the room wouldn't hold everyone and while there was the group photo with Carrie and she spoke for a couple minutes, if you were short like me and standing on the floor behind people - I couldn't even see her when she walked into the room. The only year there was "individual" photo opportunities with Carrie was the first year and they were small group photos and they took FOREVER so I think they learned their lesson not to do that again. Then there was the year at the Hall of Fame for her #1 party, but I didn't get to go to that one.

I am quite curious to see what this year's event will be like. They clearly stated there will be a performance and a photo op, so I'm wondering if it's a hybrid of the early years with the mini-concert and some kind of group photo.
    glenn7 likes this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ looked back at 2011, yes I still have the rsvp email, and they said entering did not guarantee entry, forward to 2015 and they say space is very limited.

I suspect the fcp will be back in Studio A again like the last 2 years.
    Kizmet311 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That is very possible. As long as we get to be seated at tables or something for her performance, lol. I would die if I was standing on the floor in the middle of the pack like I was for the group photo in 2015 trying to watch her perform!!! If it's just a huge group photo again, I don't really care where I'm standing for that, but definitely want to be able to see her perform.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast