Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By Josh
  • 2 Post By Josh
  • 5 Post By txacar
  • 4 Post By Josh
  • 2 Post By lolita55

Thread: Promoting Carrie Underwood on Spotify

Junior Carrie Follower

Promoting Carrie Underwood on Spotify

I just have a few questions. How exactly do we get more fans to stream Carrie more on Spotify and other services? The amount required for certification is ridiculous, especially for a female country artist. Or anyone really unless you're some huge artist like Drake or Ed Sheeran. 1500 streams for one album? Maybe an actual fan of Carrie will be able to accomplish this, but the casual listener is definitely not going to be able to pull this off.. especially since I don't think Carries fans all use Spotify. I think either Carrie or Spotify themselves should have some kind of promotional campaign for Carrie Underwood for her next album to help boost streaming numbers because from what I've seen, they're saddening. I don't have apple music or whatever other streaming there is out there, so I can't say anything about that. But, is streaming even what's best for her? I hate seeing low album sales, so I'd buy the album (maybe more than once if I'm feeling it) and stream the heck out of her music. But, it'd eventually get tiring.. so what do we do. Why can't there be Carnival Ride level sales or even at least past one mil? I hate that it stopped at 742k
    txacar, lizcarlo and bluetb4 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    also I realize this topic may have already been covered but I'm almost never on this site so sorry if it's been explained before!
    txacar and lizcarlo like this.

I have no idea what else we can do. Country female artists just aren't streamed a lot. I stream on VEVO -- just put it on repeat, turn the sound off and go about my business. As you can see by the Billboard Ad posted earlier in the ACM thread, Carrie is the most streamed country female.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I guess it's good that she's the top female. But, I am still hoping for an eventual worldwide hit single. Maybe a couple. I can only dream of all the future accomplishments.. She's definitely capable.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I guess it's good that she's the top female. But, I am still hoping for an eventual worldwide hit single. Maybe a couple. I can only dream of all the future accomplishments.. She's definitely capable.
    I don't use spotify, but I agree that she would be streamed a lot with a couple of worldwide hits, but hopefully her new deal with universal can accomplish just that.
    txacar and lizcarlo like this.

•