Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Like Tree1223Likes

Thread: 2017 CMT Awards June 7

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    This was one my favorite shows and even liked the host - wasn't corny like some yrs. Its hard to compare to Brad and Carrie as hosts but I did like this show!! Course I love Carrie's. Alaina's and Keith's wins - awesome - I'm happy fan!
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I also greatly enjoyed Charles Esten as a host. Of course, he is an actor, so it makes sense that he would be better than Blake, Luke, and Dierks. Not that it takes much, lol.
    DizzyDollyDee and Hil like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    Anybody else notice we didn't have a 2017 American country countdown awards?
    yeah
    we know who's gonna win female vocalist of the year anyway...easy...CARRIE!
    Carrieslegs84 likes this.

The YouTube video for the performance has racked up more than one million views! It's the most watched performance of the night. Miranda is second with 300,000 something views for Pink Sunglasses.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That's awesome! I want to buy the stripped down version so bad. They need to get on it!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Are there any videos of her acceptance speeches, interviews or skits?

Haven't been able to catch up with this award show yet, other than seeing the performance on youtube.

As expected, I wasn't able to access this show, and what I have gleaned has had to come from posted videos.

It does seem to me that the show leant pretty heavily to the Pop end of the Country spectrum (which is not really surprising, in a fan voted award show, put out by a general media company.) At present, the Country Mainstream, as a whole, seems more divided, with the Pop side getting most attention on radio, but with increasing attention being given to more Roots-influenced artists in media attention and award voting.

That was why I was pleased to be able to catch videos of two performances, in particular. One was Carrie's, which I commented on in the charts thread. To re-iterate here, I do think that Carrie probably had quite a bit of influence on the re-arranged version of "The Fighter". When Keith Urban tweeted that a new version was in the pipelinr, he said "Carrie Underwood and I" were planning it - but my reasons for thinking that that wasn't just a polite acknowledgement, but more an active input from Carrie are twofold. Firstly, the new live version does give a more prominent role to the female part - something that's welcome in the present radio climate, and also, in this particular song, that in my view did have a markedly male lyrical perspective, with the man's part showing the strength, and the female character simply repeating her doubts and fear. The lyrics are, of course, a given - but the way they were performed here, I felt, went quite some way to redress the visual and vocal balance between the characters.
    The second reason is the more Country feel that I thought the live acoustic version gave to the song. Carrie is, as few would dispute, a Pop-influenced, and Pop-aware singer - but she's also one that shows a considerable understanding of, and loyalty to, her genre's roots. This has allowed her to hold a pretty clear middle ground in the present radio genre - seldom as openly Pop-preoccupied as many of the contemporary chart artists (including Keith Urban's album cut of "The Fighter"), without going into the territory of the Roots fringe. Her vocal in the live acoustic version, together with the slightly greater emphasis on the fiddle and pedal steel parts, in my opinion, pushed the song nearer to that middle ground - and, in effect, gave it rather more of a "Carrie" stamp, without taking away from Keith's ownership of his song.

-----

The second performance I was glad to see may be one that many here would prefer to skip - but, to me, it showed that the other trend in the contemporary genre was getting acknowledgement here too. The Brothers Osborne are an act I would place among the current revival in Roots influence, and I'm pleased to see them winning awards. This song - helped along by a guest solo from Peter Frampton, an English mainstay of several Rock bands - is a driving "Redneck anthem", with a lyric that makes clever use of the "list" principle, with reversal of each couplet. The song was co-written by the Brothers with Lee Thomas Miller (a multiple Grammy nominee, who also co-wrote Jamey Johnson's "In Color" and Chris Stapleton's "Whiskey and You")

rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I absolutely adore "It Ain't My Fault". I heard it on the radio and instantly fell in love with it. It's definitely a song that proves you can be rootsy and progressive and still have an exceptionally infectious song.
    Farawayhills likes this.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Are there any videos of her acceptance speeches, interviews or skits?

Haven't been able to catch up with this award show yet, other than seeing the performance on youtube.
    could have sworn I posted this a few weeks ago *eek*

DaisyTweets and rainbow1 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    and at 2.4 mil views CMT pulls TF off youtube.Dang
    of course they pulled all the other videos too from the awards but TF was the only one racking up views.
    glenn7, txacar, Suellen and 4 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Boo. I still want to be able to buy it.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•  
    Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920