Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree3743Likes

Thread: 2017 ACM Awards

Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    Adele is a global POP star, Miranda is not.
    No doubt about that! Lol thats my point.

Concert Stars
    I guess I am just looking forward to a Carrie performance. I don't expect her to win anything sadly. ACMS will snub her album, songs, videos, and give her a token Female Vocalist nom. Just watch.

We are lucky that Carrie won EOTY twice already but I don't expect them to give it to her again sadly. They have been snubbing her hard since 2009/2010= the last time she won anything.
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I guess I am just looking forward to a Carrie performance. I don't expect her to win anything sadly. ACMS will snub her album, songs, videos, and give her a token Female Vocalist nom. Just watch.

We are lucky that Carrie won EOTY twice already but I don't expect them to give it to her again sadly. They have been snubbing her hard since 2009/2010= the last time she won anything.
    I'm not saying this to get hopes up, but the ACMs seem to like to somewhat differentiate from the CMAs, maybe they give Carrie a better shot at EOTY. I doubt it, but you never know.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    No doubt about that! Lol thats my point.
    Well, you can't compare apples to oranges lol

When will the nominations come out? Looks like Dierks Bentley's team is going for the noms, I've seen a lot of coverage about his headlining tour this year.

Concert Stars
    Off topic but Luke Bryan is doing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. I like him and I am
    happy for him- but he would do better doing the Hakftime show than the anthem. He is a good fun performer but I am not sure he has the range for the Anthem? Maybe he will lower it a few keys. Either way- happy for him
    but still annoyed that country continues to get the shaft for halftime shows.0
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Well sorry Tee, but, Carrie deserves the halftime show WAY before LB does.
    Gator, teesharky and Smokyiiis like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Of course she does. haha I just meant that if they were going to go with Luke, he doesn't seem right for a big Vocal number like the Anthem. He is more of a good performer, so I see him doing well in a halftime show.

But of course Carrie should be the one they ask if they ever let a country artist perform. I am just losing hope that they will ever let this happen.
    txacar, rainbow1 and Kizmet311 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Well there again I see Carrie being asked before anyone else in the country music genre because she's way BiGGER than country music. And by bigger I mean that Carrie is seen as an artist that can perform any genre of music. I really truly believe that Carrie has already been considered and asked but the timing hasn't been just right yet. She's gonna be doing that show before we know it. And I'd just like to point out that thus far we haven't heard that Lady G has invited any other big name to perform with her. Just saying!!!! When Carrie gets the gig she doesn't need anyone else!!! The two most recent Grammy commercials proved that point -- she leads the commercials and with wording such as SUPERSTAR Carrie Underwood. the newest one tonight has her still in the lead off spot and Adele is later in the ad.

And if ever there was a need for a prerecorded track, its going to be Luke Bryan singing the NA. My ears already are hurting just thinking about him performing that song on such a stage.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Of course she does. haha I just meant that if they were going to go with Luke, he doesn't seem right for a big Vocal number like the Anthem. He is more of a good performer, so I see him doing well in a halftime show.

But of course Carrie should be the one they ask if they ever let a country artist perform. I am just losing hope that they will ever let this happen.
    They have had country performers in the past. In 1994, they had Clint Black, Tanya Tucker, Travis Tritt, and The Judds, then in 2003, Shania Twain performed. However, it does seem crazy that America's music is not showcased more often. I can't believe Garth hasn't performed yet. Seems as though in 1994 especially he would have been the obvious choice. I would think the general football fan would rather see a country show than Lady Gaga.

Wouldn't be epic if she headline the Super Bowl halftime next year and release a new album the same week!!?

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Wouldn't be epic if she headline the Super Bowl halftime next year and release a new album the same week!!?
    Under Sony? LMAO
    With that Marketing team she has now? LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO

They could NEVER. They would NEVER be that smart.

They aren't even able to release a music video on Friday, to have a first full week of streams.
    They aren't even able to push freaking Carrie Underwood (the only female country artist in history to have full and endless radio support) to #1 on Billboard.
    They aren't even able to study their competition and realize they have to delay the release of her album a week to be #1, as a popular pop boyband can out sell a country artist
    Last edited by opry051008; 02-03-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    Under Sony? LMAO

They aren't even able to release a music video on Friday, to have a first full week of streams.
    They aren't even able to push freaking Carrie Underwood (the only female country artist in history to have full and endless radio support) to #1 on Billboard.
    They aren't even able to study their competition and realize they have to delay the release of her album a week and be #1, as a popular pop boyband can out sell a country artist
    THEY RELEASED SMOKE BREAK AS THE LEAD SINGLE

I do like SB, but it was not lead single material.
    Last edited by opry051008; 02-03-2017 at 09:22 PM.
    CarrieAddicted and Jae like this.

Concert Stars
    "They aren't even able to study their competition and realize they have to delay the release of her album a week to be #1, as a popular pop boyband can out sell a country artist "

LMAO

Every single time I remember that I get pissed AF. And I can only laugh now because my tears have already dried.

Her Marketing team is so DUMB that when they got the news they failed at the Billboard 200, they discounted Storyteller to half its price in only its second week. Discounted as if it was one year old.
    Like, seriously. They regreted and realized how DUMB they were. They so regreted it, they were desperate to get the #1 and discounted it.
    But it was too late.
    Not even FATE forgave them, so FATE made them pay for it, by making Chris Stapleton a star overnight and his album #1 over Carrie's.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    Under Sony? LMAO

They aren't even able to study their competition and realize they have to delay the release of her album a week to be #1, as a popular pop boyband can out sell a country artist

Hahahaha!!
    Last edited by opry051008; 02-03-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoctawCountyAffair View Post
    THEY RELEASED SMOKE BREAK AS THE LEAD SINGLE

I do like SB, but it was not lead single material.
    Man, for real. I can't even.

They are so DUMB, they don't even know their artist has a Pop/Mainstream fanbase besides the country fanbase. So they should please that other side too.
    Like, seriously...

Carrie herself said she had other song in mind to be the lead, but her team picked SB instead.

It's been over a year now, but I still get pissed.

They throw all of Carrie's potential in the trash.
    teesharky likes this.

Ty
    To be fair, I think Carrie's choice was likely RR and that would've been kind of lame following "Cowboy Casanova" and "Good Girl."

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    To be fair, I think Carrie's choice was likely RR and that would've been kind of lame following "Cowboy Casanova" and "Good Girl."
    OK.... So why not CB or maybe "Mexico" (uptempo, pop-leaning, different lyrics)?

But nooooooo, they had to go with SB, a song that not even sounds like Carrie, trying to throw sort of a "new image" upon her fans.
    Yeah, they know how to sell............. UGH

Numbers don't lie, check the scoreboard.

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    RR is by far my least favorite song on Storyteller. Thank god it wasn't a single.
    rainbow1 and Jae like this.

Concert Stars
    I thought Smoke Break was a great pick for the lead single. I feel like I'm alone with this opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    maddkat likes this.

•  
    Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast