Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1375
Like Tree3743Likes

Thread: 2017 ACM Awards

  1. #221
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    74,722
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    Vice did good commercially, it has sold more than Carries singles I believe, but it totally bombed on the radio, so I agree that it should not be nominated.

    Alot of people bought Vice initially because they thought it was about Blake/ML divorce so the scandal hyped up the song. However the sales tapered off after the initial buzz. But her second single is not selling well at all.

  • #222
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,385
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    So apparently freakin' Jason Aldean is a SONY artist all of a sudden??? When did that happen? Great. They will probably push for him for EOTY to suck up to their new artist and screw Carrie yet again.

    Sony Music Global Verified account ‏@SonyMusicGlobal 10m10 minutes ago




    .@Jason_Aldean and @carrieunderwood are nominated for the coveted Entertainer of the Year award #ACMs


    BMG bought them, announced January 30. BMG buys Broken Bow Records
    teesharky likes this.

  • #223
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    74,722
    Concert Stars
    ^Well that sucks.
    txacar and DizzyDollyDee like this.

  • #224
    Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,855
    Concert Stars
    Me trying not to care about this award:

    txacar, cmarieu, ethelu and 3 others like this.

  • #225
    Insane Carrie Fan lizcarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,664
    I am happy for Carrie but she also deserved Album and Song nominations as well. Storyteller is such amazing album. I want Carrie to preform CCA although I'm not expecting it. Carrie clearly loves the song considering her preforming it so many times and adding it to tour. I think if it were up to her she would release it as single. I wish her label would release the song but anyway .. She slays it live and CCA deserves to be heard on award show especially if it not going to be single. Carrie deserves to win EOTY. She deserves it so much after doing so well with her tour and sold out MSG.

  • #226
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,277
    Congrats to Carrie on her 2 noms but the fact that Carrie can have the year that she just had and then Miranda and Maren are the ones who earn six noms each is pretty telling about how this award show is probably going to go. Over the years I have learned to care less and less about these politically driven awards but for some reason I really am quite pissed about this.

  • #227
    Ultimate Carrie Fan HuiZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,205
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Congrats to Carrie on her 2 noms but the fact that Carrie can have the year that she just had and then Miranda and Maren are the ones who earn six noms each is pretty telling about how this award show is probably going to go. Over the years I have learned to care less and less about these politically driven awards but for some reason I really am quite pissed about this.
    Frankly, when Adele was onstage at the Grammys sharing the honour with Beyonce, Miranda was the name that came to my mind. Girl has had way too many undeserving wins/nominations over the past many years. At least Adele actually had an extremely valid case for winning.

  • #228
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    11,144
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Frankly, when Adele was onstage at the Grammys sharing the honour with Beyonce, Miranda was the name that came to my mind. Girl has had way too many undeserving wins/nominations over the past many years. At least Adele actually had an extremely valid case for winning.
    As much as I like Miranda, the same thought crossed my mind when Adele was saying she didn't deserve a couple of her Grammys. I mean, Adele freaking broke her Grammy for AOTY in half! I wouldn't expect Miranda to "share" an album or song award, because I am sure she is very proud of her work, but she should have acknowledge on many occasions that Carrie should have won FVOTY instead of her.
    rainbow1, bluetb4, Suellen and 4 others like this.

  • #229
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    11,144
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^Well that sucks.
    Is BMG under Sony? I'm confused.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #230
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Is BMG under Sony? I'm confused.
    Sony BMG was formed when Sony Music merged with Bertelsman Music Group in 2004. Sony BMG share of the music industry overall is 25%. Huge!!
    Kizmet311, rainbow1 and maddkat like this.

  • #231
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    11,144
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Sony BMG was formed when Sony Music merged with Bertelsman Music Group in 2004. Sony BMG share of the music industry overall is 25%. Huge!!
    Ok, I understand now! Thanks for the explanation. We always just say Sony or Sony Nashville around here, so the BMG purchase of Broken Bow was confusing me. So, now we have Faith, Tim, AND Jason under the Sony BMG umbrella. Although Jason will be on the Broken Bow sub-label. Which sub-label are Faith and Tim signed to? I'm sure a lot of the promotional work is done by the sub-label, although I'm not sure about the award lobbying - would that be done by the sub-label like Broken Bow and Arista Nashville or by Sony Global?

  • #232
    Insane Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,933
    BMG (based in Germany, but with a global reach), were one of the World's top record companies, until 2004, accounting for over a fifth of World output. The merger with Sony, originally on 50-50 terms, led to a considerable upheaval in staff, leading to the departure of Nashville chief John Grady. Recording responsibilities were shared between Rolf Holz-Schmidt in New York and Joe Galante in Nashville. The former had little experience or apparent involvement in Country Music; the latter dropped several of Grady's signings, and arguably gave Sony Nashville a more General Music-friendly profile.
    The joint venture was short-lived. Sony Global emerged as the dominant beneficiary of the deal, which was one of the examples of increasing consolidation in the "majors". Bertelmanns sold their share of the joint recording holdings to Sony Global, who soon dropped the name Sony-BMG - which is why we rarely hear of the joint name today. BMG also later sold their music publishing interests to Universal. The company itself still exists, concentrating on artist rights management, but I think all their former recording activities are now simply run by Sony.
    HuiZ, Smokyiiis, Kizmet311 and 2 others like this.

  • #233
    Ultimate Carrie Fan HuiZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    BMG (based in Germany, but with a global reach), were one of the World's top record companies, until 2004, accounting for over a fifth of World output. The merger with Sony, originally on 50-50 terms, led to a considerable upheaval in staff, leading to the departure of Nashville chief John Grady. Recording responsibilities were shared between Rolf Holz-Schmidt in New York and Joe Galante in Nashville. The former had little experience or apparent involvement in Country Music; the latter dropped several of Grady's signings, and arguably gave Sony Nashville a more General Music-friendly profile.
    The joint venture was short-lived. Sony Global emerged as the dominant beneficiary of the deal, which was one of the examples of increasing consolidation in the "majors". Bertelmanns sold their share of the joint recording holdings to Sony Global, who soon dropped the name Sony-BMG - which is why we rarely hear of the joint name today. BMG also later sold their music publishing interests to Universal. The company itself still exists, concentrating on artist rights management, but I think all their former recording activities are now simply run by Sony.
    Is your middle name Wikipedia? =p

  • #234
    Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,855
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    As much as I like Miranda, the same thought crossed my mind when Adele was saying she didn't deserve a couple of her Grammys. I mean, Adele freaking broke her Grammy for AOTY in half! I wouldn't expect Miranda to "share" an album or song award, because I am sure she is very proud of her work, but she should have acknowledge on many occasions that Carrie should have won FVOTY instead of her.
    You can be very proud of your work, but still acknowledge that someone else deserved the award instead.
    Adele is obviously very proud of 25 (the way she talked about it when winning AOTY assures that), but she is humble enough to know and publicly acknowledge that Beyoncé deserved AOTY instead of her.

    Adele and Carrie are some of the most humble artists I've seen.
    In 2009, when Carrie won for the 3rd year in a row the Grammy for Best Female Country Vocal Performance, she publicly said she knew the success helped her win. At both the red carpet and the press room she said that, addressing that less-successful songs virtually do not have a chance against successful ones.


    Miranda is selfish and greedy, she would never do that.

  • #235
    Insane Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    4,137
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    As much as I like Miranda, the same thought crossed my mind when Adele was saying she didn't deserve a couple of her Grammys. I mean, Adele freaking broke her Grammy for AOTY in half! I wouldn't expect Miranda to "share" an album or song award, because I am sure she is very proud of her work, but she should have acknowledge on many occasions that Carrie should have won FVOTY instead of her.
    Especially the years she didn't have an album out and wasn't touring much

  • #236
    Insane Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    4,137
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Is your middle name Wikipedia? =p
    I was wondering if Faraway is in the music business! Always knowledgable

  • #237
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    11,144
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    You can be very proud of your work, but still acknowledge that someone else deserved the award instead.
    Adele is obviously very proud of 25 (the way she talked about it when winning AOTY assures that), but she is humble enough to know and publicly acknowledge that Beyoncé deserved AOTY instead of her.

    Adele and Carrie are some of the most humble artists I've seen.
    In 2009, when Carrie won for the 3rd year in a row the Grammy for Best Female Country Vocal Performance, she publicly said she knew the success helped her win. At both the red carpet and the press room she said that, addressing that less-successful songs virtually do not have a chance against successful ones.


    Miranda is selfish and greedy, she would never do that.
    I disagree on the AOTY, both at the Grammys or the country shows. It is a very subjective category and can be awarded to what some perceive as the most artistic/creative album (Miranda/Beyonce) or it can be awarded to the one that is most successful (Carrie/Adele). While I think it was admirable of Adele to say she thinks Beyonce deserved AOTY, I think Adele deserved it, because I like Adele better vocally and her album and singles were much more successful. Beyonce's album and mini-movie may have been an incredible creative work of art, but art is subjective and not everyone may like it. I can sit here all day and say that I think Carrie deserved Country Vocal Performance for Church Bells, because of it's success and that it is a great song and her vocal performance is above anyone else, but others may feel that the other nominees were better or more original (someone did, since Maren won and not Carrie).

    I think the Grammys are unique in that they award the body of work - the individual song recordings and the albums, the production, a video, or a single vocal performance. The Grammys award the music and the pendulum can sometimes swing between awarding creativity or awarding success, so even though Adele did it, I don't she should have felt like she had to say Beyonce deserved it. I admire it and the Miranda/FVOTY situation did enter my mind. With the country award shows, though, you also have awards that are for the artist that had the most successful year (MVOTY/FVOTY), which in theory, should never be subjective - they should be based on stats or the ability of the artist to put on a show and bring country music to the masses (in the case of EOTY). So, hypothetically, if TWOTW was awarded an AOTY award over Storyteller (or vice versa), I would never feel like Miranda or Carrie should feel like they have to say the other deserves it, because those awards can be based on creativity or commercial success. In the case of FVOTY, I do think that Miranda absolutely did not deserve several of her awards and should have acknowledged that much like Adele did (even if I don't agree with Adele doing it in that particular situation).

    So, basically, art is subjective, commercial success is not, IMHO.

  • #238
    Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,855
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I disagree on the AOTY, both at the Grammys or the country shows. It is a very subjective category and can be awarded to what some perceive as the most artistic/creative album (Miranda/Beyonce) or it can be awarded to the one that is most successful (Carrie/Adele). While I think it was admirable of Adele to say she thinks Beyonce deserved AOTY, I think Adele deserved it, because I like Adele better vocally and her album and singles were much more successful. Beyonce's album and mini-movie may have been an incredible creative work of art, but art is subjective and not everyone may like it. I can sit here all day and say that I think Carrie deserved Country Vocal Performance for Church Bells, because of it's success and that it is a great song and her vocal performance is above anyone else, but others may feel that the other nominees were better or more original (someone did, since Maren won and not Carrie).

    I think the Grammys are unique in that they award the body of work - the individual song recordings and the albums, the production, a video, or a single vocal performance. The Grammys award the music and the pendulum can sometimes swing between awarding creativity or awarding success, so even though Adele did it, I don't she should have felt like she had to say Beyonce deserved it. I admire it and the Miranda/FVOTY situation did enter my mind. With the country award shows, though, you also have awards that are for the artist that had the most successful year (MVOTY/FVOTY), which in theory, should never be subjective - they should be based on stats or the ability of the artist to put on a show and bring country music to the masses (in the case of EOTY). So, hypothetically, if TWOTW was awarded an AOTY award over Storyteller (or vice versa), I would never feel like Miranda or Carrie should feel like they have to say the other deserves it, because those awards can be based on creativity or commercial success. In the case of FVOTY, I do think that Miranda absolutely did not deserve several of her awards and should have acknowledged that much like Adele did (even if I don't agree with Adele doing it in that particular situation).

    So, basically, art is subjective, commercial success is not, IMHO.
    Why do you say FVOTY is the only category you would be OK if the artist who won it acknowledge that other should've won instead?

    If we go by the logic that picking someone to win is subjective, then we should all be OK with Miranda winning every year, "as the voters thought she was the best". And also be OK with Carrie's work not even being nominated, "as the voters didn't think it was worth a nom". All subjective, right?
    FVOTY, AOTY... any category is subjective, then. Because someone has to picked out of the bunch.

    If we go by that logic, then we shouldn't even complain or bother about award shows, as they are all based on subjectiveness, then. Everything is OK, then.

    I'm not talking about awards that recognize commercial success (Billboard, etc), but regular awards like Grammys, CMA and ACM...

  • #239
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Alot of people bought Vice initially because they thought it was about Blake/ML divorce so the scandal hyped up the song. However the sales tapered off after the initial buzz. But her second single is not selling well at all.
    Well her second single sucks, so that is why it is doing terrible, they were stupid for releasing it, but I agree with everything else you said.

  • #240
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Especially the years she didn't have an album out and wasn't touring much
    I love Miranda but, she is by far the most over awarded/ nominated artist in country music. It's not her fault though. The fault lies within the country music industry itself.

    I have always said that eventually this would backfire on her, and I think it has. She has minimal radio success, and due to releasing we should be friends instead of a better song her album progress has stalled.


  •  
    Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Nov. 20] 2016 American Music Awards
      By carriefan14 in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 837
      Last Post: 05-14-2017, 06:06 AM
    2. CMT Music Awards 2016 (June 8, 2016)
      By dismokemi in forum HQ Carrie Video
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: 06-20-2016, 12:34 AM
    3. 2016 Billboard Awards
      By maddkat in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 240
      Last Post: 05-24-2016, 05:06 AM
    4. 2016 Grammy Awards
      By nonie in forum HQ Carrie Video
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 04-12-2016, 10:36 AM
    5. 2016 People's Choice Awards
      By maddkat in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 10-24-2015, 08:02 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •